Snarky Brides
Options

Job update, in case you care :)

Alright, so I talked to my boss to get more details on the whole thing and to see how long term and what the situation is with my current office.

She said she will not close my current office or make it part time, even if all it does is break even. She wants my manager to work at my regular office full time since its slowest. She also feels if my manager works there full time and becomes the only front desk girl there she will forced to work (she's a crap manager and doesn't do anything really. I'm not sure why she hasn't been let go).

My boss ideally wants me either at the furthest office full time or the middle office. I'm not going to be able to go back to my regular office, other than when I work there on tuesdays :(
She said if I eventually pick to work full time at the middle office she will still let me keep that extra $400 a month which is awesome.

It comes out to be a $2.50 raise and hour. I told her I'd take it. I'm not thrilled with the commute at all but...I don't have much of a choice.

I spent 2 hours cleaning up my jeep today and tomorrow I'm going to get it washed and vacuumed out so I can put it up for sale. Hopefully it will sell FAST.

Re: Job update, in case you care :)

• Options
    Well the raise will be nice!

Why do you have to sell your jeep? Are you going to buy a new car?

• Options
    Middle office as opposed to further office is good right? I think this will be a good step in your career. Good luck hun :)
  • Options
    The jeeps got to go because it has no air and I'll now be driving an hour and half each way, its just not possible when it's 110 out. Plus, it doesn't get good gas mileage.

I'll get a used car off of craigslist. I insist on having an SUV though much to T's dismay. I realize I still wont get great gas mileage but I am not a car or truck driver.
  • Options
    I'm glad you're getting some compensation. :) Hopefully the jeep will sell fast. You need a car with a/c!
  • Options
    Middle office is only better because its closer. I think I'll enjoy furthest office more than middle though just because I wont have to work w/ my boss often.
     Regardless, I have to work at furthest office for a couple months anyway.
  • Options
    At least you still get somewhat of a raise. And you might be moving soon so it's not like this set up will last forever.
  • Options
    Well, the raise will be great!  Do you think you'll stay with this job or keep it for now and look for something else?

Good luck either way!
  • Options
    Ooh, it just said my name was "dr_mrs.king" I think I'm engaged to a Dr.! Maybe I can quit...
  • Options
    I'm glad you came to a decision, even if it was sort of forced (by your boss).

Would you consider a CUV rather than an SUV?  I think the Toyota Matrix is adorable and would match you.  :)
  • Options
    I don't know what a CUV is? I'm googling the matrix though...
  • Options
    Ooh..It's cute but nope. I'm very adamant about my SUV. I like sitting high up.
  • Options
    Matrix's are awesome...I know at least 3 people who have them and love them. And they are good on gas. But they aren't 'high up' like SUVs, if that is why you like them.
  • Options
    you beat me to it...I figured that is why you like SUVs...it is why FI likes his truck. He hates driving my car. I hate driving his truck. I feel like I am driving a transport truck!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_job-update-case-care?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:912d440f-c2bf-4b59-a7ce-3ef9a3915c5aPost:dedca447-c6cc-4b3c-839a-bf8ec427e95b">Re: Job update, in case you care :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ooh, it just said my name was "dr_mrs.king" I think I'm engaged to a Dr.! Maybe I can quit...
    Posted by nda_roxybabe[/QUOTE]
    Wow, maybe it's MLK, Jr.  Your new name is Coretta :P
  • Options
    Pasq- yay!

Number- yup, I like feeling big and in control. I've driven T's car a lot but I just don't like being low like that. I feel like I can't whip in and out of lanes and whatnot as well when I can't see around everything.
  • Options
    How far is far?  Is it in a rush hour direction?  BF turned down a job that was at the I-17 & 101 because we live in Chandler, that's definitely too far.  But if you are talking like a max of 20 miles one-way, then I think that probably wouldn't be too bad, especially with a raise :)

When I was looking for a new car, I thought about getting a small SUV too because I like being at least a little high up.  I ended up getting a Scion xD (not the toaster one) and it's been great so far.  I liked it because I wanted something a little more unique and that had "personality", my last car was just your generic 4-door sedan and I hated it.  Also gets like 34 MPG, even with me sitting in rush hour every day, so that's a huge plus.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Jem- I live in south Chandler/ Ocotillo and its way up at Thompson Peak parkway (Scottsdale rd and the 101). So 30 ish miles one way.
  • Options
    Yeah, that's a bit far.  I work in north Tempe, which is about 15 miles one way and it takes me a good 30 min to get to work (I live about 4 miles off the freeway though so that's about 10 min right there).  The 101 is really bad coming out of Chandler, but I think it clears up once you get past the 202.  It's not the worst commute I've seen (I had a friend who lived in Maricopa and worked in Peoria), but I can definitely understand being hesitant about going that far, but I think an extra $400 sounds pretty fair for the added distance.  If anything, you can keep your eyes open for other jobs closer if the drive really kills you.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Yea, I currently work in old town Scottsdale which is not too bad (16 miles). I don't bother with 101, it infuriates me too much. Its too congested by both of the 202's and  have to drive past both so I just take Dobson all the way down.

Maricopa to Peoria?! Oh no way, thats insane.
  • Options
    At least y'all get freeways in Phoenix. Anywhere you drive in Tucson between like 3 and 5 pm, it's pretty much a clusterfuuck.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Desert- I bet! We went to Tucson for something this one time and it was a mess

T's mom lives in Sierra Vista so we go down there sometime which is nice. Even though its kind of...lame.
  • Options
    I've actually never been to Sierra Vista. I hear it's pretty, but even more full of old people than Phoenix and Tucson. :)

• Options
    It's quite pretty but yes, lots of old people and it seems like a lot of....redneck ish people.

I like to go because its peaceful, we don't have to do anything. The best part though is going to Sonoita and Elgin to go to the wineries.
  • Options

Awww that doesn't sound too fair sorry :(

I hope you sell your jeep soon!

• Options
    I saw a girl with dark hair in a Jeep on Dobson and Baseline the other day and I did a double take.  What color is your Jeep?!?
  • Options
    Kim- that totally could've been me! Its a blue/grey color.
  • Options
    Roxy (and Jemm), do you patronize the incredible Total Wine stores in Phoenix? I <3 them! 

Congrats on the new job, btw. I don't know the whole backstory, but any kind of raise is awesome! Well, to me -- I work for the state and haven't gotten a raise in 3 years. And at least you won't be bored moving from place to place, right? GL with the jeep sale!

• Options
    Wine stores? I never go to wine stores..am I majorly missing out?

The raise will be nice but not perfect. Thank you though :)
  • Options
    Nope.  The Jeep was black  :(  You just dried up my dream like a raisin in the sun, damnit.
  • Options
    Since you mentioned wineries, I thought maybe you were into wine, and Total Wine is like...the Wal Mart of booze stores. SO many wines. SO many beers. And cheap cheap cheap. It's definitely worth checking out. There's one in Chandler off the 202, but I can't remember which exit. Close to Barnes & Noble.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards