Snarky Brides
Options

Ever think before insulting someone?

Re: Ever think before insulting someone?

• Options
    I'm with OWN. MrsTay is not real. She can't be.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't hear anyone talk about thongs.
  • Options
    If I was someone's plus one, I'd bring some onion rings to the reception out of respect.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ever-think-before-insulting-someone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a307312b-f584-4636-9e87-d9dd14381eccPost:1ac5c451-a91a-41e7-865a-b0df2e3cade3">Re: Ever think before insulting someone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]If I was someone's plus one, I'd bring some onion rings to the reception out of respect.
    Posted by zippityb[/QUOTE]
    AND THONGS!!!!!!
  • Options
    HaylaCHaylaC member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    you wouldn't bring any thong then?  just the onion rings.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Honeymoon Sunset

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ever-think-before-insulting-someone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a307312b-f584-4636-9e87-d9dd14381eccPost:2b8f93ad-04a7-498b-b8fb-ff6a8fc5318f">Re: Ever think before insulting someone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]wut do onion ring s have to do with anythong?  Did mrs D aska bout onion rings?  i dont think so. 
    Posted by FutureMrsTayPrince[/QUOTE]
    I think you're having some reading comprehension issues, Tay.  Her 3rd paragraph was all about the onion rings.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I think before insulting someone. I only insult someone when they have given me a reason to do it.

I agree with PPs that, if posting here on SB is upsetting you, then stop posting. You are the one with the control when it comes to your own life. So, instead of whining about being insulted by strangers over the internet, try finding a message board better suited to your needs and personality.

We ALL have shiit going on in our real lives. If this is making it harder for you, then don't post here.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I think you're reading way to much into this. If you are sensitive because of stressful life events, then maybe a different board would be a better fit.
    Also, it never hurts to re-read your post, and remember not to take yourself too seriosuly.
  • Options
    Dumps like a truck, truck, truck
    Thighs like what what what
  • Options
    Anythong. That might be a new favorite word. Mainly because of the way I say it in my head.
  • Options
    Oh, and if you want more responses to the same question, visit this little gem posted a little while ago:
    http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_ill-natured-women
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Thank you all for the input, I appreciate it.
    And I hope all of you have a wonderful wedding.
  • Options
    I always think before insulting someone. I need to decide whether I'm going to use extra sarcasm, or passive aggressiveness, or maybe I'd change their name to something insulting. Then there's always the extra special occasion where just calling them a name will suffice. It's a lot to consider.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    hey, tay returned!!! my day just improved.

i still haven't decided if you are real or not, tay. why did you return if you hate us so much?
  • Options
    I think before I insult people.

Put yourself in our shoes.  If you read something that you feel lacks common sense, how are you going to respond?  We are old enough here to have common sense.  If you're insulted because someone said you're being whiny about your wedding, well you just need to grow a pair.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    jennylove = Awesome!  Now I'm going to be singing that all day long
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ever-think-before-insulting-someone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a307312b-f584-4636-9e87-d9dd14381eccPost:4a51c86e-05f7-46cf-b0bb-d6a69325d753">Re: Ever think before insulting someone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]jennylove = Awesome!  Now I'm going to be singing that all day long
    Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]

I've been singing it since I posted :)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I'm beginning to think Tay has something to do with 2012 and Armageddon.

Or at least the collapse of Western society.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ever-think-before-insulting-someone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a307312b-f584-4636-9e87-d9dd14381eccPost:2c3c538f-49f3-40c4-9d2f-239dd4b79006">Re: Ever think before insulting someone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]God I really want onion rings.
    Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]

Was thinking the same thing, and I'm TRYING to eat healthier, dammit!

Photobucket

Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ever-think-before-insulting-someone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a307312b-f584-4636-9e87-d9dd14381eccPost:00b05d89-3437-43f1-ac7d-b1924652b9d4">Re: Ever think before insulting someone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sorry that you're having a rough time.  However, what you said in that last post came off pretty rudely.  The name of this forum is "Snarky Brides" and while we may not be the AFSBers (and you probably have no idea what I'm even talking about) we aren't exactly known for our puppies and rainbows either.  Perhaps this is not the place for you to make internet friends.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

Maybe people should be like puppies and rainbows instead of miserable, cruel, and just plain awful people.

It seems like the rude and mean posters are just pissed at the world and angry about their life so they get satisfaction by hurting other people. 

Like I said, I wish more people in the world were happy and full of sunshine like puppies and rainbow.  Maybe that's the way people should be, but they are not.  Some people are just a-holes and want to act like a child and a bully. 

These people need to grow up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I never think before I post or insult.  It would not be nearly as funny or stupid (depending on what was said) if I did.

It sucks that you have stuff going on in your life, but everybody has problems.  To assume that you are the only one or that anyone should be specifically sensitive to your personal problems is just silly.  If you really have that much going on, I dont think posting on an interactive wedding board is the best way to spend your time.  But hey, do what works for you, just dont expect to be coddled.

Also, its not the best idea to post something stupid, get flamed, and then come back crying "But I have issues!  Feel bad for me!" Is going to win you any points with the 'gals'.  And starting a whole thread about it is not smart either.

For future, take the flame, lurk, and come back and join in on the fun.  We have all done it and survived.  Put your big girl pants on.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ever-think-before-insulting-someone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a307312b-f584-4636-9e87-d9dd14381eccPost:5d8d4270-da3b-45d0-9150-abe391f37f6c">Re: Ever think before insulting someone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ever think before insulting someone? : I wish more people in the world were happy and full of sunshine like puppies and rainbow. Posted by PeonyPrincesskdd[/QUOTE]

Who is claiming this as a sig quote?
  • Options
    the just engaged board has puppies and rainbows. come visit us over there!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ever-think-before-insulting-someone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a307312b-f584-4636-9e87-d9dd14381eccPost:11433784-7e44-42f8-b3b6-f360dd8bd627">Re: Ever think before insulting someone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]They can interpret each other's posts, kind of like <strong><u>Forrest Gump and Bubba meet Davinci Code! BRILLIANT!
    </u></strong>Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]

Quote of the day.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ever-think-before-insulting-someone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a307312b-f584-4636-9e87-d9dd14381eccPost:c62d413d-0167-46d9-9b2a-6d77a917134f">Re: Ever think before insulting someone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ever think before insulting someone? : Who is claiming this as a sig quote?
    Posted by MarriedInAFever[/QUOTE]

It's true though. People need to be happier in general.  People are so quick to say something mean but are slow to say something nice.

Example:  Husband is "quick" to complain about something but  is "slow" to give praise for a clean house or nice meal. 

People need to be happier in general.. that's all.  And stop being so quick to say something mean.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ever think before insulting someone? : Maybe people should be like puppies and rainbows instead of miserable, cruel, and just plain awful people. It seems like the rude and mean posters are just pissed at the world and angry about their life so they get satisfaction by hurting other people.  Like I said, I wish more people in the world were happy and full of sunshine like puppies and rainbow.  Maybe that's the way people should be, but they are not.  Some people are just a-holes and want to act like a child and a bully.  These people need to grow up.
    Posted by PeonyPrincesskdd[/QUOTE]

Says the chick with "princess" in her name.

You're the one who tried to call out some chick from GIS earlier, Pot.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ever-think-before-insulting-someone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a307312b-f584-4636-9e87-d9dd14381eccPost:0f62c1f8-d92d-461b-8326-c8a4ac8d6935">Re: Ever think before insulting someone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ever think before insulting someone? : It's true though. People need to be happier in general.  People are so quick to say something mean but are slow to say something nice. Example:  Husband is "quick" to complain about something but  is "slow" to give praise for a clean house or nice meal.  People need to be happier in general.. that's all.  <u><strong>And stop being so quick to say something mean.
    </strong></u>Posted by PeonyPrincesskdd[/QUOTE]

I would like to be shown where exactly people were being mean?  Sarcastic maybe, but mean?  Not so much.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ever-think-before-insulting-someone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a307312b-f584-4636-9e87-d9dd14381eccPost:0f62c1f8-d92d-461b-8326-c8a4ac8d6935">Re: Ever think before insulting someone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ever think before insulting someone? : It's true though. People need to be happier in general.  People are so quick to say something mean but are slow to say something nice. Example:  Husband is "quick" to complain about something but  is "slow" to give praise for a clean house or nice meal.  People need to be happier in general.. that's all.  And stop being so quick to say something mean.
    Posted by PeonyPrincesskdd[/QUOTE]

Um, Peony, did you forget your original post today? You were pointing out another poster's "selfish" behavior expecting everyone to join you in bashing such a rude act.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ever-think-before-insulting-someone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a307312b-f584-4636-9e87-d9dd14381eccPost:1b2bb8d2-ba9b-498e-ba91-f4c49fae6539">Re: Ever think before insulting someone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Says the chick with "princess" in her name. <u><strong>You're the one who tried to call out some chick from GIS earlier, Pot.
    </strong></u>Posted by georgia_bride09[/QUOTE]

This.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ever-think-before-insulting-someone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a307312b-f584-4636-9e87-d9dd14381eccPost:84349afe-fe74-4bb4-b622-107df5364620">Re: Ever think before insulting someone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ever think before insulting someone? : Um, Peony, did you forget your original post today? You were pointing out another poster's "selfish" behavior expecting everyone to join you in bashing such a rude act.
    Posted by MarriedInAFever[/QUOTE]

FTW!
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards