Snarky Brides
Options

Is this where we go if we are a pissed off bride?

Cause I'm mad. Actaully, I'm over it.

Re: Is this where we go if we are a pissed off bride?

• Options

What's wrong?

• Options
    Depends what you're pissed off about.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Share with the class, please.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Nope, wrong board.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Generally no, but what's the matter?  All of us are pissed off every now and then.  Can we help?
  • Options
    My fiances parents are horrible idiots. First, they refused to even contribute a dime to the wedding or rehearsal dinner and now they are dragging their feet on the guest list. I was over the money thing, but damn. It's like they don't want us to get married or something.
  • Options
    Yes, absolutely vent here.  Maybe we can give you some advice.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options

@kodakitty - I'm still mad. I just meant I'm over the whole wedding. Too much stress.

• Options
    edited December 2010
    You're mad but over it? How do you accomplish this?

Also, get over it. It's not their job to pay for your wedding. It makes no sense to be mad at something that was never owed to you in the first place.
  • Options
    This is "Snarky Brides," not "Pissed Off Brides."

Also, no one is under any obligation to pay for your wedding or rehearsal.  Either pay for it yourself, scale it back or elope.  And if they're dragging their feet on the guest list then hey, they mustn't care if anyone comes.  Welcome to the 21st century, toots.

Congrats on the engagement!  WOO WOO
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-pissed-off-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a5a7ba71-3d5e-42d4-b16b-03e674c4de39Post:1b9b340f-f3ad-4d54-aba7-9def7ae667ec">Re: Is this where we go if we are a pissed off bride?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiances parents are horrible idiots. First, they refused to even contribute a dime to the wedding or rehearsal dinner
    <strong>
    You can't be mad about that.
    </strong>
    and now they are dragging their feet on the guest list.

<strong>You're paying for the wedding, you make the guest list.  Give a due date for their suggestions.
    </strong>
    I was over the money thing, but damn. It's like they don't want us to get married or something.
    Posted by burgergrl84[/QUOTE]
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-pissed-off-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a5a7ba71-3d5e-42d4-b16b-03e674c4de39Post:1b9b340f-f3ad-4d54-aba7-9def7ae667ec">Re: Is this where we go if we are a pissed off bride?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiances parents are horrible idiots. <strong><em>First, they refused to even contribute a dime to the wedding or rehearsal dinner</em></strong> and now they are dragging their feet on the guest list. I was over the money thing, but damn. It's like they don't want us to get married or something.

You won't get any sympathy here on this count.  Plan and pay for the wedding you and FI can afford yourselves.  If parents offer to contribute, accept the gift graciously.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    *yawn* take a number sweetheart.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-pissed-off-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a5a7ba71-3d5e-42d4-b16b-03e674c4de39Post:1b9b340f-f3ad-4d54-aba7-9def7ae667ec">Re: Is this where we go if we are a pissed off bride?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiances parents are horrible idiots. First, they refused to even contribute a dime to the wedding or rehearsal dinner and now they are dragging their feet on the guest list. I was over the money thing, but damn. It's like they don't want us to get married or something.

<div>If YOU want to get married, then buck up and pay for it like adults. Don't expect others to pay your way in life, or you will be severely disappointed. </div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-pissed-off-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a5a7ba71-3d5e-42d4-b16b-03e674c4de39Post:1b9b340f-f3ad-4d54-aba7-9def7ae667ec">Re: Is this where we go if we are a pissed off bride?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiances parents are horrible idiots. First, they refused to even contribute a dime to the wedding or rehearsal dinner and now they are dragging their feet on the guest list. I was over the money thing, but damn. It's like they don't want us to get married or something.
    Just because they don't contribute, it doesn't make them horrible idiots.  Or even idiots for that matter.  It means they can't/don't want to spend the money which is their decision.

Plan the wedding you can afford.
  • Options
    You sound sweet.

How dare they not pay for the RD?!?!  Don't they know their responsibilities?  They HAVE to pay for the RD.  If they don't want to invite anyone, looks like you get twice the number of guests, huh?
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options

I thought parents were supposed to pay for weddings. My parents are paying for a ton of stuff. I just figured his parents would too. When we asked, they said no. It was hurt at first because I took it personally. I'm okay with it now. I just wish they were as excited about it as we are.

• Options

When are you getting married?
  • Options
     Ok so with the economy they way it is, do you want short term happiness or long term, because if thier contribution made them broke, and they had to move in, I would be bitching more about them having finacial issues being irresponsible with thier retirement and sponging off of you.
    So lets not get all WE bride about this and count some freakingblessings.
  • Options
    They don't talk to me. Like not at all. I think they do it on purpose, but it sucks. They also make it a point to get his sister way bigger gifts than they get him. It's strange. My parents always worked hard to make things even for me and my sister, but they don't. They gave his sister a lap top and he got a gift card to target.

They also introduce me as Jeff's friend instead of his fiancee. I feel like they are trying to send us a message.
  • Options
    Yeah, your FI's parents aren't idiots because they said "no" to your (rude) request of money.  You need to pay for the wedding, and have the event you can afford.  Then, ta da, you can give a deadline for the guestlist.  You're wedding is in 2012 anyway, you're way ahead of yourself.  You probably look way over the top to them.

I don't know what happened at Christmas, so I cant comment on that.
  • Options
    haha just because they dont like you, doesnt make them idiots.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-pissed-off-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a5a7ba71-3d5e-42d4-b16b-03e674c4de39Post:a2973b28-0fac-425e-8c8b-ac8b45cd0380">Re: Is this where we go if we are a pissed off bride?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I HATE to ask this, but how old are you?
    Posted by number55[/QUOTE]

<div>Hah, I was going to ask this too. I'm 20 and I'm paying for, at the very least, half of the wedding. We don't know if our parents are contributing anything yet, so I very well might end up paying for all of it.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-pissed-off-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a5a7ba71-3d5e-42d4-b16b-03e674c4de39Post:a2973b28-0fac-425e-8c8b-ac8b45cd0380">Re: Is this where we go if we are a pissed off bride?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I HATE to ask this, but how old are you?
    Posted by number55[/QUOTE]

This!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Like I said, I'm over the money thing! I'm just frustrated with them in general.

@number55 - I'm 23 and he is 27.
  • Options
    Burger chick, get your shiit straight.   I'm only about one Benjamin.  I'm not a slut.

Also just because everyone else had their weddings paid for doesn't mean much.  Weddings are not tit for tat.  Plus maybe all the parents are broke now anyway.

Open a high interest money market savings account and start clipping coupons.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-pissed-off-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a5a7ba71-3d5e-42d4-b16b-03e674c4de39Post:a1d80800-c786-46d5-b5f0-45027bd7f01b">Re: Is this where we go if we are a pissed off bride?</a>:
    [QUOTE]They don't talk to me. Like not at all. I think they do it on purpose, but it sucks. They also make it a point to get his sister way bigger gifts than they get him. It's strange. My parents always worked hard to make things even for me and my sister, but they don't. They gave his sister a lap top and he got a gift card to target. They also introduce me as Jeff's friend instead of his fiancee. I feel like they are trying to send us a message.
    How long have you been with your fiance?  Have you spent much time with them?
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-pissed-off-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a5a7ba71-3d5e-42d4-b16b-03e674c4de39Post:60a4dfe7-f844-4915-b08f-0e4dde6b32f4">Re: Is this where we go if we are a pissed off bride?</a>:
    [QUOTE]haha just because they dont like you, doesnt make them idiots.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]
    Uh.. yeah, that.  OP- You're confusing "Don't like me" with "idiot."  I can see how that could happen, since the two sound exactly the same and all.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-pissed-off-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a5a7ba71-3d5e-42d4-b16b-03e674c4de39Post:4719cce1-48be-4ec0-ae3f-dbf5e3f53886">Re: Is this where we go if we are a pissed off bride?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anyone smell that? It's the smell of skepticism.
    Posted by LessThanZero[/QUOTE]

Kinda smells like hard boiled eggs. 
    panther
  • Options
    I'm surprised you would even ask them since they so clearly hate you. Why would someone pay for their son's wedding when they despise the bride? And when said bride thinks they are horrible idiots?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards