Snarky Brides
Options

Irrational Irritation/Irrational Happiness

2»

Re: Irrational Irritation/Irrational Happiness

• Options
    It makes me irrationally happy that I will officially graduate summa cum laude in the spring! (my one class next semester is pass/fail)

It irritates me that the school's server goes down every semester when grades are posted. Grr.
  • Options
    lol I am made of irrational irritations. Im such a crabby old hag.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritationirrational-happiness?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a5dba5fc-168a-4216-bd91-1309c41d4f8bPost:228b9b8c-4492-497d-be84-ad8e51dac17e">Re: Irrational Irritation/Irrational Happiness</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irrational Irritation/Irrational Happiness : Seriously.  I can't even come up with an II.  Ever.
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

You're just too nice! I've got tons.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I am irrationally happy that TWILIGHT IS ON TV.  Ohmygod, H is now being forced to endure the worst acting in the history of ever. I can't wait for sparkly Edward.
  • Options
    Kristen Stewart is the worst actress EVER. I seriously cannot handle it. Yet I get sucked into watching Twilight every damn time it's on. Please don't tell me what channel it's on.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm irrationally irritated at my CW, who hires my daughter to babysit every freaking Monday night.  Daughter doesn't drive, so I have to haul my ass outta bed at 10:30 to go pick her up (CW can't drive her home because she'd have to pack the kids in the car to do so).  I don't stay up that late - I'm up at 4am.  Oh, and CW stopping at the store on the way home isn't cool either - that delays the pickup until 11.

I'm irrationally happy about clean sheets and my favorite socks.  Taking them out of the dryer is a blissful experience.  I also get weirdly happy about cleaning the dryer's lint filter. 

And Dud's comment actually made me lol.  (I also read it as 'sucky mouth' too, Any)
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    The babysitting one is 21,  The other one is 18.  Stepkids are also 18 and 21.

I don't recommend this.
  • Options
    Les when I used to babysit before I drove the one of the parents always drove me home! (Unless they seemed tipsy in which case I called my Mom and had a code word!) I guess I understand if there isn't someone to watch the kids but still - you're really nice to go get her.

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritationirrational-happiness?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a5dba5fc-168a-4216-bd91-1309c41d4f8bPost:41e6888f-2a64-471d-ab37-0b96bc153372">Re: Irrational Irritation/Irrational Happiness</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ooh I think I thought of one! SVU doesn't come back until January 11th!
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

Hahaha that is the nicest irrational irritation ever. I stand by my previous statement :-)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, she's a single parent, and I really don't want her packing her kids up to drive my daughter home (even though they're usually still awake).  But she could hire her neighbor to babysit, and let me sleep.  I do appreciate that my daughter gets the cash for babysitting, and the kids really like her, but I'm just selfish and don't want to go.  Particularly in the winter when it's cold and snowy/icy out.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritationirrational-happiness?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a5dba5fc-168a-4216-bd91-1309c41d4f8bPost:59c1b3fd-f4c7-49a5-96a5-a126c9fd5b9c">Re: Irrational Irritation/Irrational Happiness</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, she's a single parent, and I really don't want her packing her kids up to drive my daughter home (even though they're usually still awake).  But she could hire her neighbor to babysit, and let me sleep.  I do appreciate that my daughter gets the cash for babysitting, and the kids really like her, but I'm just selfish and don't want to go.  Particularly in the winter when it's cold and snowy/icy out.
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]

Oh I don't blame you at all. It's the worst going out in the cold when you're all comfy at home!
    Photobucket
  • Options

I loved my old house and its radiators.  There was a boiler in the basement, and steam heat throughout the house.  It had hardwood floors, and they would get nice and warm.  Plus I could put my bath towel on the radiator in the bathroom and it would be toasty when I went to dry off.  I miss that.

• Options
    Thanks Edie :) I am pretty excited to tell H when he gets home from work.

Les, no fun!
  • Options

Edie - corporate merger, office closure, relocation 600 miles away.  But there's a happy ending, because I met DH in the new city.  8-)

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritationirrational-happiness?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a5dba5fc-168a-4216-bd91-1309c41d4f8bPost:406177f9-e8ec-4b17-bbec-3507a764b0f8">Re: Irrational Irritation/Irrational Happiness</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irrational Irritation/Irrational Happiness : Holy shiit. That ladybug of yours is fucking adorable.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Why thank you :)
  • Options
    I get irrationally irritated when people do not say thank you when you are holding the door open for them. IT CALLED MANNERS!!

I also get irrationally happy when I come home and my kittens are so excited to see me and come and cuddle by me for the rest of the night on the sofa. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I get irritated when people dont do things right. Like, right by the standards I have set in my own head based on my own personal opinion. Like today during our potluck people kept packing into the boardroom before lunch had been announced so that they were "first" which just seemed silly because then no one could move to get food. DONT DO THAT!!
  • Options
    I get happy now when my former co-worker sends me stupid emails, because now I can laugh and not deal with it. The gem today...

"Hi Kristi, I was hoping you had some micopnones that I could hook up to the lab tops, or maybe the desk tops. Thanks!"

aka...she wanted microphones to hook up to the laptop computers. She had my job (computer support) for 2 years and she thinks they are called "lab tops"?
  • Options
    Where did my post go?

Power Crunch Protein Bars
  • Options
    Cew, if you're still around, congrats on the new job!

I am irrationally happy that Any's wedding is getting closer, but I miss her. 

I am also really excited for Christmas. 
  • Options
    KW, that made me laugh.  My aunt calls it a 'lab top'.  Makes me crazy when she says it.  Can't you see the connection to your actual lap and that's why they call it a LAPTOP???
  • Options
    I am way late to this but it makes me nuts when people pronounce Chipotle as Chipolte.  The "l" is not before the "t" people!
  • Options
    alynne1113alynne1113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I get sooo irritated when people do not slow down in the school zone on the hwy between my work and home. I know it sucks going from 100 to 30 for 600m but come on, do you really think you can stop if you are going 100 and a kid runs out?  and the signs are CLEARLY posted so its not like you can miss it. 

I get super super happy when DH makes me popcorn at night, I love love love surprise popcorn yum.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards