Snarky Brides
Options

I know it's friday, but where is everyone?

I'm guessing that unlike me, you all have lives?

What is everyone doing tonight?

Do you keep any books on your coffee table?

What is something that you always wanted as a kid, but never had?

Do you have a landline or just rely on your cell phone?

What's the best vacation you've ever been on?

Favorite Thanksgiving food?

Blinds or curtains?

Re: I know it's friday, but where is everyone?

• Options
    Hating my uterus, and having a pity party.

Don't even own a coffee table.

A birthday party. 

Cell phone.

Tahoe for my 19th Birthday.

FI's Brussel Sprouts. Caramelized onions and cranberries. Yum.

Blinds or curtains?
    Blinds, only because we don't have curtains yet.
  • Options
      - Nope, no life.  Watching Scrubs reruns while waiting for it to get late enough to start dinner

-Tacos with red beans and rice for dinner...maybe watch a movie or some other boring, stereotypical married person activity.

-Not usually, but I occasionally put out one of our picture albums. There's usually just a centerpiece.

-an accordion and a harmonica

-We have a landline but I use my cell for everything.  If the landline rings, it's for H or his mother.  That's it.

-A trip to DC three years ago.  It was relaxing, the sites weren't very busy, and we had a phenomenal hotel room and expense account due to a conference i was there on.

-Stuffing/dressing.  i love it SO much.

Blinds or curtains?
      -Blinds.  I find them easier to clean.
  • Options
    Nothing! Waiting for H to get off and then we will watch more of "Life" narrated by Oprah. I like it except the Oprah part.

I used to, but now I have a book shelf full of just coffee table books.

One of those motorized mini cars, H and I talk about those a lot actually, I think we still want one. That and American Girl dolls. And my parents didn't let me watch R rated movies or talk privately on the phone (?!), I probably wanted that more than anything.

We only have one cell phone and pass it back and forth, lol.

My honeymoon, one week at the beach, one week at home, basking in happiness and new gifts.

Mashed potatoes.

Blinds or curtains?
    Both.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    lilianne22lilianne22 member
    First Comment
    edited November 2010
    I'm guessing that unlike me, you all have lives?  Since I'm on here too I'm gonna say no. LOL

What is everyone doing tonight?  Hanging out, maybe watch a movie later.

Do you keep any books on your coffee table?  Nope

What is something that you always wanted as a kid, but never had?  One of those pink jeeps you could sit in and drive....I was too tall to fit in it by the time they were popular...so sad.

Do you have a landline or just rely on your cell phone?  Landline and celly

What's the best vacation you've ever been on?  So far...Hawaii when I was around 12.

Favorite Thanksgiving food?  Green bean casserole.

Blinds or curtains?  Blinds
  • Options
    I'm not a reg but I'm bored so I'm going to play anyway.

Not really. I passed out on the couch for 2 hours. Huzza for cold/flu

Thought about going to see Due Date but that went out the window pretty quick. So uhm, probably watch Grudge 3 just to finish the "collection"..or play video games. I'm super cool.

Right now my coffetable is a giant clusterfck. But yeah I generally do keep them there..and everywhere else.

One of those motorized vehicle things for kids. I wanted one soooo bad.

I have both. But still people refuse to call the landline.

I've never really gone on vacations. I used to spend the summer out at my Dads. 2 summers ago, FI and I saw Blink 182 and ACDC a few weeks a part..that was cool. Other than that, camping I guess.

Turkey.

Blinds or curtains?
    Blinds. I hate fighting with the curtain rod. Currently the one just keeps sliding everywhere so I never open it. It's a fail of a curtain rod.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What is everyone doing tonight? Just relaxing for now. Having a couple of girlfriends over a little later to drink some wine and chit-chat.

Do you keep any books on your coffee table? Just one usually. It's called "Weird New York" and it's all about places in NY that have creepy legends and fokelore.

What is something that you always wanted as a kid, but never had? A dollhouse. But the really detailed customized ones that have electricity and all the details like furniture, cabinets, bathtubs etc. I'm fascinated with them.

Do you have a landline or just rely on your cell phone? We pretty much just use our cells but since it's cheaper to have the phone/cable/internet plan from our cable company we do have one. It's rarely used though.

What's the best vacation you've ever been on? It's hard to say because the last time I really took any kind of vacation I was in elementary/middle school. Ad I'd say it had to be visiting Ireland/England and meeting my family there. Plus it's just beautiful. Can't wait to go back and really be able to appreciate it.

Favorite Thanksgiving food? STUFFING and sweet potatoes.

Blinds or curtains? Both.
  • Options
    cupcake- why no birthday parties?

avs and lilianne- YES. When/if we have kids we will start a kiddy car army!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    You could say I have a life, it's just not all that interesting. H says I don't have a life because I like message boards. He doesn't understand what it's like being a SAHM and desiring some adult interaction throughout the day.

Not much. H is at work for the next 4 hours, so it's just me and DS.

Not on the coffee table, but I do have our wedding album and a few books on a bookshelf in our living room.

A pony. Ha, no I second, third etc the motorized pink jeep.

Just a cell.

That's tough. I have three favorites for different reasons. Spring Break in Cancun at 15, a California road trip with my dad after graduation, and Chicago for my 22nd birthday.

My grandma's cranberry orange relish. Oh, and lefse.

Blinds or curtains?
    Curtains
  • Options
    What is everyone doing tonight?  Just going home.  I'll probably read, and KUI.

Do you keep any books on your coffee table? We don't have a coffee table, so no.

What is something that you always wanted as a kid, but never had?  A trampoline and a horse. 

Do you have a landline or just rely on your cell phone?  We just got rid of the landline last month.  Totally cell now.

What's the best vacation you've ever been on?  12 days scuba diving in Belize.

Favorite Thanksgiving food?  Green bean casserole, and pumpkin anything.

Blinds or curtains?  Blinds
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Reddy that sounds like a plan. I was so jealous of anyone who had one. I guess to be fair to my mom, I had one of those ones as a baby that you use your feet to walk in...I ran the Christmas tree over so maybe I wasn't trusted with one :(
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah cupcake don't feel too bad. I never really had bday parties either. i think I had one when I was 5 and one when I was 21.

I love that all of you guys wanted the motorized kid cars. I didn't have one but my sister did.

Also, avsfan - you don't have to be a reg to join in at any time.
  • Options
    -I wouldn't say that now...

-I'm debating going over to a friends house. I always feel bad leaving my dogs though. I hate to see how I will be with my own children if I'm this bad with my dogs.

-No.

The 94 count box of crayons with the sharpner in the back. I swear I never got that box until I turned 21. I had told my mom how I remember her always telling me no and it made her feel bad so she finally bought them for me.

-Cell.

-I turned 18 and 21 in NYC, so both of those.

-Cranberry sauce! Yum.

Blinds or curtains?
    -We have both.

It is true that pit bulls grab and hold on. But what they most
    often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart

imageimage
  • Options

I just wasn't a celebrated part of my family.

I don't really mean, like parties with friends and sleepovers. I mean, my birthday came and went every year. That's it. I got presents and flowers from friends, but nothing from my family.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-friday-but-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:abccadf8-a610-4d2d-a792-7fc5cf08eb18Post:15be5824-7e06-4759-9845-4f1afd4b8718">Re: I know it's friday, but where is everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just wasn't a celebrated part of my family. I don't really mean, like parties with friends and sleepovers. I mean, my birthday came and went every year. That's it. I got presents and flowers from friends, but nothing from my family.
    Posted by cupcakesfrosting[/QUOTE]

That is really sad.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-friday-but-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:abccadf8-a610-4d2d-a792-7fc5cf08eb18Post:f182f2dd-2e35-4f36-9501-d61435e38708">Re: I know it's friday, but where is everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm guessing that unlike me, you all have lives? -I wouldn't say that now... What is everyone doing tonight? -I'm debating going over to a friends house. I always feel bad leaving my dogs though. I hate to see how I will be with my own children if I'm this bad with my dogs. Do you keep any books on your coffee table? -No. What is something that you always wanted as a kid, but never had? <strong>The 94 count box of crayons with the sharpner in the back. I swear I never got that box until I turned 21. I had told my mom how I remember her always telling me no and it made her feel bad so she finally bought them for me.</strong> Do you have a landline or just rely on your cell phone? -Cell. What's the best vacation you've ever been on? -I turned 18 and 21 in NYC, so both of those. Favorite Thanksgiving food? -Cranberry sauce! Yum. Blinds or curtains? -We have both.

Oh Chi Chi, that makes me so sad! I loved those. it was one thing having all the colors but getting to use the sharpener was so much fun. I'm glad you finally got one though.

I remember having some obsessive compulsive tendencies as a kid and feeling the need to always keep the crayons in the order that they came in.

Posted by Chi_Chi[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    Waiting for dinner to be ready (Beef and Mozzarella Bake) then we're watching Splice.

No, our coffee table has the computer, a candle, and usually H's work crap.

A dog.

Mainly a cell phone, we both use the landline for business

Ecuador, although it was only partially a vacation. I'd give anything to go back.

My Mema's mashed potatoes with my Papa's homemade gravy.

Blinds or curtains?
    Blinds. Although, not the kind we have now. I hate them with a passion.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-friday-but-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:abccadf8-a610-4d2d-a792-7fc5cf08eb18Post:3cee7b4d-2c55-4661-ba71-1a49769ebe42">Re: I know it's friday, but where is everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I know it's friday, but where is everyone? : That is really sad.
    Posted by KaylaSue19[/QUOTE]

It's life. Well, it's mine. It makes me sad to think about sometimes, but I moved on from my shitty shiity childhood a while ago. FI tries to make my birthday a big deal, but money being tight this time of year kind of hinders his plans.. Just the fact that he says "Happy Birthday" and makes me a special dinner is more than enough for me.
  • Options
    Thanks! My mom felt so horrible when I told her I remember her always telling me no. Like she traumatized me by saying no. I am an only child, so it wasn't like I went without. I probably had more than 90+ crayons at home, so she was justified in saying no. But when I saw that box of crayons 3 years ago, I was tickled!

imageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-friday-but-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:abccadf8-a610-4d2d-a792-7fc5cf08eb18Post:87a6b4e3-b88d-4e64-8d21-1fc3310fb04d">Re: I know it's friday, but where is everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]What is everyone doing tonight? Waiting for dinner to be ready (Beef and Mozzarella Bake) then we're watching Splice. Do you keep any books on your coffee table? No, our coffee table has the computer, a candle, and usually H's work crap. What is something that you always wanted as a kid, but never had? A dog. Do you have a landline or just rely on your cell phone? Mainly a cell phone, we both use the landline for business What's the best vacation you've ever been on? Ecuador, although it was only partially a vacation. I'd give anything to go back. Favorite Thanksgiving food? My Mema's mashed potatoes with my Papa's homemade gravy. <strong>Blinds or curtains? Blinds. Although, not the kind we have now. I hate them with a passion.
    </strong>Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

What kind of blinds do you have?
  • Options
    I'm guessing that unlike me, you all have lives?  Not this weekend, I'm rocking my weekend alone at home.  Channeling my inner hermit.

What is everyone doing tonight?  I am listing some stuff for sale, cleaning the crawlspace, listening to MPR.  I'm turning into my father.

Do you keep any books on your coffee table?  Not really, it's too small to accomodate two laptops plus books, and laptops get priority.  I'd like to though.

What is something that you always wanted as a kid, but never had?  A game system.

Do you have a landline or just rely on your cell phone?  Cell phone for the last 3 years.  No telemarketers!!

What's the best vacation you've ever been on?  Hawaii for the wedding/week with our friends.

Favorite Thanksgiving food?  Pumpkin pie, totally.

Blinds or curtains?  Curtains.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-friday-but-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:abccadf8-a610-4d2d-a792-7fc5cf08eb18Post:20c6a367-3e2d-4e1d-99fc-a8cad1989b9b">Re: I know it's friday, but where is everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE] I love that all of you guys wanted the motorized kid cars. I didn't have one but my sister did.
    Posted by LessThanZero[/QUOTE]

Not me.  Since they weren't readily available when I was little.  Thanks for making me feel old guys.  ;)

I had a Big Wheel, play--Doh, and a jump rope.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-friday-but-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:abccadf8-a610-4d2d-a792-7fc5cf08eb18Post:87f82bf6-2551-4162-a8cd-e4a708ba328a">Re: I know it's friday, but where is everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I know it's friday, but where is everyone? : It's life. Well, it's mine. It makes me sad to think about sometimes, but I moved on from my shitty shiity childhood a while ago. FI tries to make my birthday a big deal, but money being tight this time of year kind of hinders his plans.. Just the fact that he says "Happy Birthday" and makes me a special dinner is more than enough for me.

Glad to hear you were able to move on. That is sweet that he makes you a special dinner.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-friday-but-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:abccadf8-a610-4d2d-a792-7fc5cf08eb18Post:6d6025e0-c893-44e1-80b9-a1e2106a3401">Re: I know it's friday, but where is everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I know it's friday, but where is everyone? : Glad to hear you were able to move on. That is sweet that he makes you a special dinner.
    Posted by KaylaSue19[/QUOTE]

I'm really excited for this year.. Week and a half and I get to have flank steak with mashed potatoes and asparagus! Woot!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-friday-but-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:abccadf8-a610-4d2d-a792-7fc5cf08eb18Post:87a6b4e3-b88d-4e64-8d21-1fc3310fb04d">Re: I know it's friday, but where is everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]What is everyone doing tonight? Waiting for dinner to be ready (Beef and Mozzarella Bake) then we're watching Splice. Do you keep any books on your coffee table? No, our coffee table has the computer, a candle, and usually H's work crap. What is something that you always wanted as a kid, but never had? A dog. Do you have a landline or just rely on your cell phone? Mainly a cell phone, we both use the landline for business What's the best vacation you've ever been on? Ecuador, although it was only partially a vacation. I'd give anything to go back. Favorite Thanksgiving food? <strong>My Mema's</strong> mashed potatoes with my Papa's homemade gravy. Blinds or curtains? Blinds. Although, not the kind we have now. I hate them with a passion.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

Is that what you called your Grandmother Sesh??

I ask because I did too. I've since learned that it's somewhat common, but I never knew that. I just started calling her that when I learned to talk and no one knew where it came from. I also called ( and still do) my Grandfather, Bepa.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-friday-but-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:abccadf8-a610-4d2d-a792-7fc5cf08eb18Post:31a75915-2520-4a9e-a784-3902c0026f30">Re: I know it's friday, but where is everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I know it's friday, but where is everyone? : I'm really excited for this year.. Week and a half and I get to have flank steak with mashed potatoes and asparagus! Woot!

Yum!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-friday-but-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:abccadf8-a610-4d2d-a792-7fc5cf08eb18Post:15441db6-8bf2-4b20-a9d2-3a06ba474689">Re: I know it's friday, but where is everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I know it's friday, but where is everyone? : Not me.  Since they weren't readily available when I was little.  Thanks for making me feel old guys.  ;) I had a Big Wheel, <strong>play--Doh</strong>, and a jump rope.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

I love play-doh! Especially the way it smelled (I'm weird)

True story: I worked at a daycare while in college. One day I was put in charge of the 4 year olds (I was usually in the 1 year old room). Anyways, since I wasn't their normal teacher (and about the same size as them) they went wild. I decided play-doh would be a good idea to entertain them while keeping them somewhat seated at the same time. BAD IDEA!! NEVER, and I repeat, NEVER give 16 4 year olds play-doh!! This one wanted that color, and that one wanted that tool. I wanted to do crack when I left work that day!

imageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-friday-but-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:abccadf8-a610-4d2d-a792-7fc5cf08eb18Post:d21c295e-2628-4147-bbce-2486bc6bb5fa">Re: I know it's friday, but where is everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I know it's friday, but where is everyone? : Is that what you called your Grandmother Sesh?? I ask because I did too. I've since learned that it's somewhat common, but I never knew that. I just started calling her that when I learned to talk and no one knew where it came from. I also called ( and still do) my Grandfather, Bepa.
    Posted by LessThanZero[/QUOTE]

Sheldon from Big Bang Theory, he loves his Memaw too.
  • Options
    Cupcakes - I'm glad you were able to put it past you. That's awesome. I have for the most part too but some things definitely still have an effect on me. I just try to brush it off. And it's really nice that your FI makes it a special occasion for you.

Anna- YOU"RE NOT OLD. All of those things are what I had too pretty much. Although I loved my LiteBrite and legos too.
  • Options
    I'm guessing that unlike me, you all have lives? False.

What is everyone doing tonight? Eating chipotle and watching tv

Do you keep any books on your coffee table? Yup, my party planning book and the picture book i made

What is something that you always wanted as a kid, but never had? A Horse, a little brother or sister.

Do you have a landline or just rely on your cell phone? Cell

What's the best vacation you've ever been on? Oh man, my first cruise or maybe the 1st time to SF or Mexico Sr. Trip....

Favorite Thanksgiving food? Sweet potatoes!!!

Blinds or curtains?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-friday-but-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:abccadf8-a610-4d2d-a792-7fc5cf08eb18Post:d1a3f9ef-7c7b-4126-a74c-b220405942e1">Re: I know it's friday, but where is everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I know it's friday, but where is everyone? : What kind of blinds do you have?

I'm not sure what they are called. Basically, the entire back wall of our house is windows, floor to ceiling, with some of them being sliding doors. They are covered with long white blinds that you open by pushing all the way to one end. For the actual regular-sized windows, it's the same thing just shorter blinds. 

They are ugly, and constantly fall down because of the way they are inserted into the track. But it would be a major hassle to remove them, replace them with something we like, then have to reinstall them when we get our own place.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards