Snarky Brides
Options

Is it safe yet?

Is this shiit working yet? Where is everyone?

Re: Is it safe yet?

• Options
    They all got fed up and headed over to Wedding Wire.  ;)

Good Evening!
  • Options
    My cat is super cuddly today out of nowhere.

Hey all.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Nate's SS AW thread had a TK glitch and said it was posted by "TwoWarlocks" heehee.

Oh wait, I just realized that's a WoW reference (maybe?) and it's not as wierd of SN as it first seemed.
    Photobucket
  • Options
  • Options
    Im here, we just finished The Help. Omg, tear city. I cried so many times during it. I finally just gave up and kept the kleenex box on my lap. I loved it, I loved the book and I loved the movie.

Now im blaring Black Keys in preparation for SNL tonight!!!
  • Options
    Oh and Steph- I just saw your question in the other thread asking if my H had problems handling meat at work:

Nope, he cooks it, and he cooks it really well and better than his meat-eating coworkers, he often blows people away and gets all his coworkers questioning, this is always his answer:
    He sticks to recipes that are tried and true and has cooked A LOT, so experience is his friend. He knows exactly how most meats should look and feel and has a lot more experience with large cuts than he does smaller ones, but he can do that too. If it's something he's questioning, he'll grab a trusted co-worker to taste, he does that a lot. 

Sometimes, rarely, If it's a rare, strange meat, he'll try it just to know what it's like.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    OHMYGOD.  We're watching our college hockey team and this is the worst, most biased reffing I've ever seen. (Which is saying something. WCHA is known for being bias against the Gophers. fuckers.)
  • Options
    We're really into Top Chef, Iron Chef, etc. and while watching we will pause and he will tell me what he would do for the challenges. A few times he's talked half-seriously about going on one of those shows.

We watched Top Chef last night and there was a doofy vegan guy. H was not impressed and I was really surprised to hear him say, "I wouldn't go on one of these shows unless I could eat meat and taste." It's common sense I guess, but it kind of shocked me because he's pretty sucessful as-is!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Evening. We got all dressed up and went to my work's Christmas party, left after the raffle (didn't win anything) because we didn't feel like watching the karaoke. Many people leave after the raffle. But, it was nice to get dressed up for a change. I think the last time that happened, we were getting married. I wore a fancy black dress and everything.
  • Options
    I'm cautiously optimistic that TK is fixed.

H and I just had french toast, hashbrowns, and bacon for dinner, and now we're watching Castle. I love Nathan Fillion!
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Why is everything 3 hours earlier on the time stamp?

Our date night was a success :) Now I'm so ready to crash and just hoping K wants to sleep tonight!

Reddy, I was watching Chopped and one of the guys who (I think) won was allergic to one ingredient per course so he couldn't taste anything. That's pretty crazy.
  • Options
    I always want to make french toast, but Adam doesnt seem to care one way or the other about the stuff so I never do. The last time I did we had friends over and everyone was drunk so I saw it as an opportunity to cook lol. Im jealous of your dinner sewf!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_safe-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:af36167c-553b-43eb-9da7-659c604ca4c0Post:a8280c7c-221d-4522-91c1-486298d89842">Re: Is it safe yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why is everything 3 hours earlier on the time stamp? <strong>Our date night was a success </strong>:) Now I'm so ready to crash and just hoping K wants to sleep tonight! Reddy, I was watching Chopped and one of the guys who (I think) won was allergic to one ingredient per course so he couldn't taste anything. That's pretty crazy.
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]
    ooooooooooh!!!! Glad to hear it!
  • Options
    Edie- there were two IDENTICAL checks.  Granted, they were pretty hard hits, but it's college hockey ffs.  The one that our guy laid down was called 'roughing'.  The one the other team laid down? We got called on an embellishment penalty.  So we went down 3 on 5.  bullshit.  Even the commentators have been mentioning how bad the reffing is.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_safe-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:af36167c-553b-43eb-9da7-659c604ca4c0Post:a8280c7c-221d-4522-91c1-486298d89842">Re: Is it safe yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why is everything 3 hours earlier on the time stamp?<strong> Our date night was a success :)</strong> Now I'm so ready to crash and just hoping K wants to sleep tonight! Reddy, I was watching Chopped and one of the guys who (I think) won was allergic to one ingredient per course so he couldn't taste anything. That's pretty crazy.

<div>Does that mean your hubby got laid?!</div>
  • Options
    Yay KW! We have still yet to have a date night. The timestamp is now in PST instead of EST for the moment.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    reddy123reddy123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    KW- I have yet to see that show, but now I have to watch it! That's pretty cool (if he kept in the competition, that is). That's how my H rolls most of the time.

ETA: Haha, I was going to ask the same thing as Steph, but didn't want to be nosy.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I love french toast, but love hashbrowns even more. There is a place down the road from us that makes the best hashbrowns.

H made french fries today in this deep fryer my dad's FI gave us when she moved in with my dad (didn't want it anymore). They were so delicious. I hope he realizes that now that I know he can make me french fries, I'll be bugging him for more all the time.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_safe-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:af36167c-553b-43eb-9da7-659c604ca4c0Post:e2ad8aa6-03ff-4588-9c10-47415ac77df3">Re: Is it safe yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I always want to make french toast, but Adam doesnt seem to care one way or the other about the stuff so I never do. The last time I did we had friends over and everyone was drunk so I saw it as an opportunity to cook lol. Im jealous of your dinner sewf!
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>H does all the cooking on brinner nights. Actually, I was in charge of flipping the hashbrowns, so I guess I helped in a way. I'm just glad H doesn't mind it. It really helps to have a griddle, too. My uncle gave us one because he had two.</div>
  • Options
    I set up H so well for his present from my parents. Last year we bought a light up deer family decoration for the yard and someone freaking stole the baby. I was pregnant so it was traumatizing and we're still pissed. Tonight I was pointing out all of the baby deers in various yards, then dad gave Scott one for his birthday :)
  • Options
    I love french toast. It is one of my favorite food items!
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    Also, all these new baby pictures are ADORABLE! Between TK and two of my friends' babies, the baby fever is heating up around here!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_safe-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:af36167c-553b-43eb-9da7-659c604ca4c0Post:e773d826-4a62-4591-9845-373fddec433c">Re: Is it safe yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it safe yet? : Does that mean your hubby got laid?!
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

I love you Steph. Yes he got laid and this time it didn't hurt me in the process!
  • Options
    Brinner nights are my fave. I have been having eggs and english muffins a lot lately, i dunno why just feel like them.

I remember the first time Adam ever had soft boiled eggs (my favourite), I put them in the bowl and chopped them up with a spoon and put a bit of butter on them and the first bite he took was ALL butter. He thought they were the most disgusting thing ever because of the "overwhelming butter flavour". He blames me for ruining soft boiled eggs for him lol.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_safe-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:af36167c-553b-43eb-9da7-659c604ca4c0Post:7496c2f7-b200-499b-92b3-f031e476c83e">Re: Is it safe yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]KW- I have yet to see that show, but now I have to watch it! That's pretty cool (if he kept in the competition, that is). That's how my H rolls most of the time. ETA: Haha, I was going to ask the same thing as Steph, but didn't want to be nosy.
    Posted by reddy123[/QUOTE]

You guys have to watch Chopped!  It's insane.  The mystery baskets sometimes contain the most Effed up assortment of ingredients and I'm amazed at some of the dishes they prepare.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_safe-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:af36167c-553b-43eb-9da7-659c604ca4c0Post:998637c7-0bec-4a3a-b03f-7de99eb05fa7">Re: Is it safe yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it safe yet? : I love you Steph. Yes <strong>he got laid and this time it didn't hurt me in the process!</strong>
    Thats the best part!
  • Options
    woohoo KW! woohoo for both of you ;)

I've been drinking. I apologize for my even more than normal bluntness. 
  • Options
    It is so good I don't own a deep fryer. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_safe-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:af36167c-553b-43eb-9da7-659c604ca4c0Post:3655b4a5-f29e-416d-8743-c513fb6b8aff">Re: Is it safe yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It is so good I don't own a deep fryer. 
    Posted by reddy123[/QUOTE]
    Why?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards