Snarky Brides

Come out, Come out, wherever you are!

Morning ladies!

I guess I always figure Numbers or Steph will start a morning thread. But it is 10:13 and no one has started one yet.

So how are you ladies today?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Come out, Come out, wherever you are!

• I'm...alright.  I'm starting to feel a bit better, but I was also starting to feel better yesterday until I ate something.  So I'm starving, but scared to eat.  Moving yesterday was AWFUL.  It rained the whole time, and we couldn't get the treadmill out, so now we have to call NordicTrac to come disassemble it so we can move it.  Ugh. 

So today I'm sitting here while the DirecTV guy hooks us up, and then I'm over to the old house to start cleaning.  Blech. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • edited May 2011
    kd, I love you.  You're awesome and you make me smile lol.

I'm here and pretty bored today.  I have a question but I'm too lazy to post a new thread so maybe it will catch on here?  How closely do you all track you spending?  H and I track everything.  Every receipt, bill, payment, paycheck, etc. goes into a spreadsheet.  I feel as though this helps hold us accountable and keep us responsible and realistic spenders.  H's family thinks we're weird for doing this.  Are we weird?  I should mention, with us everything is combined - bank accounts, debt, pay, etc.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Morning, I'll leave the good part off. 
    I'm here sitting on hold with the insurance company. The massive storms that came through last night hit us hard. Oh well at least we're safe. Nothing a new roof, 3 new bedroom windows, and three vehicle trips to the body shop can't fix. 

::shakes fist at tennis ball size hail::
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Morning.

While I like the storm we got last night, I did not like the fact that there's now water dripping from the ceiling around our skylight.  Stupid previous homeowners and their cheapness in hiring a really shitty contractor.  Looks like Derek is going up on the roof this weekend.

shay, every so often I'll dump all of our back statements into a spreadsheet and look at things that way, but for the most part, we don't really keep track, other than looking at our statements online on the regular.  That being said, we hardly spend any money (other than house reno supplies and groceries) so there's not a whole lot to keep track of.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MandK9MandK9 member
    First Comment
    Good morning ladies!

Shay, FI and I do the same thing.  We have an Excel spreadsheet on my computer and literally everything gets put into it.  And before we did that, I kept a really strict ledger in my checkbook of all my debit and check purchases.  Do people not track their spending? I would feel chaotic.

• Sorry dmiller :(  That really sucks.  Glad you're safe though!

• Aw Shay, you are one of my favorite people here.

And you are not crazy for tracking your spending. I have no money to track, but DH keeps all his receipts in envelopes for each month. I track mine also, but there is nothing to track...lol.

Jes- I'm sorry you are not feeling well. And that sucks about the Nordictrack. Do you have the stomach flu?
  • Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    I'm great today.  Yesterday was freaking stressful. 

I had to accept a job offer that I was given Friday or it would expire.  Two hours later, the place that I really wanted to work for called and offered me a job.
    I was going to have to call job1 and say I changed my mind, but I didn't because I found some things out about job2 that made me not want it as much. gee.

I had to e-mail my boss my 2week notice, because he's on the tail end of his two week vacation that he didn't warn anyone in the office he was taking.
    I still haven't heard back.

BUT, I had a gift certificate to a salon and spa here for a haircut and style, so I went to get that after work. 

New hair 'do made me feel much better.
    Please ignore the odd face I'm making. 

So, today my boss will probably call me back.  Wish me luck.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I've got some sort of nasty stomach bug, KD.  It's not pleasant. 

We don't track our spending at all, but we really probably should.  I don't think you're crazy for doing it.

• edited May 2011
    j&k glad to hear you're feeling better.

shaydenise we put all bill payments into a spreadsheet, and all debit card purchases are kept track of as well. we don't log cash purchases or anything like that, but most stuff comes out of the bank account so I can keep track of it that way. i think it is great that you keep such good track of your spending and expenses, as long as it isn't driving you crazy.

dmiller i'm sorry :(

i don't really have anything to add except good morning!
    5/27/12
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_come-out-come-out-wherever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c22295a3-042f-44cd-895e-8ec36714cd23Post:2f7234d9-3e9e-4ce4-9df7-b3d624fd6064">Re: Come out, Come out, wherever you are!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry dmiller :(  That really sucks.  Glad you're safe though!
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]
    Thanks :) <div>The worst part is that I have to clean out my spare bedroom so they can replace the window. That's where I sent all of the wedding stuff to die until I figure out what to do with all of it. Looks like it's time to find it a home.</div>
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh man, Dmiller I'm sorry.  Glad you guys are safe though.

Yeah Raynes, if we didn't spend a lot I guess it would be different.  But H fills up his car four times a week because of his drive to work, so that's a huge expense that always varies (stupid gas prices!).  Plus, I think part of it is because when we were basically living paycheck to paycheck we had to track everything and now we just do it out of habit 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Good luck Wrkn, and I LOVE the hair!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_come-out-come-out-wherever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c22295a3-042f-44cd-895e-8ec36714cd23Post:8c43dc4c-daff-45f2-9c6b-48543a3e96e9">Re: Come out, Come out, wherever you are!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning, I'll leave the good part off.  I'm here sitting on hold with the insurance company. The massive storms that came through last night hit us hard. Oh well at least we're safe. Nothing a new roof, 3 new bedroom windows, and three vehicle trips to the body shop can't fix.  ::shakes fist at tennis ball size hail::
    Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]

Crap D- I'm sorry. I meant to call my Mom last night and make sure she is fine. But it was quite late. Hope you can get it fixed rather painlessly.
  • Okay, I don't feel so weird now.

Wrkn, love the hair, super cute!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_come-out-come-out-wherever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c22295a3-042f-44cd-895e-8ec36714cd23Post:a9cfd58d-2fb9-45c4-824c-e1cdbf544976">Re: Come out, Come out, wherever you are!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Come out, Come out, wherever you are! : Crap D- I'm sorry. I meant to call my Mom last night and make sure she is fine. But it was quite late. Hope you can get it fixed rather painlessly.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]
    Thanks, it was hectic. Up around the general direction of your Mom, they had winds registering 60-80 mph. If I'm thinking correctly it might have been a little farther north, but the whole area got beat up a good bit. I think New Carlisle had a couple of wind gusts that registered at 100mph. Storm season blows around here!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Morning! It is still POURING here. I don't mind the rain, but work is always much more pleasant when it is sunny and we hang do some fun outside stuff.

J&K, feel better! Moving while sick sounds like no fun at all. Have you tried drinking something with ginger? That sometimes help with the nauseous feeling.

Dot, why the bad day?
  • Oh and was anyone else getting weird messages when trying to get on TK the past couple of days? Every time I would try to get in I got an error message that I shouldn't proceed to the TK because it had been infected with Malware. Said to try back in a couple of days, but it looks like people were still posting. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Morning all!  I hope all the suck ass days turn around for you guys.

I'm excited because I finally get to see my ticker hit the exact six month mark. YAYAY!
  • raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Oh DMill, I'm so sorry.  That sucks.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_come-out-come-out-wherever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c22295a3-042f-44cd-895e-8ec36714cd23Post:e075c017-3e77-4970-9674-26b7c1524d57">Re: Come out, Come out, wherever you are!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh and was anyone else getting weird messages when trying to get on TK the past couple of days? Every time I would try to get in I got an error message that I shouldn't proceed to the TK because it had been infected with Malware. Said to try back in a couple of days, but it looks like people were still posting. 
    Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Yep.  I haven't gotten to today though.

</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Dmill, I'm sorry :( THat really sucks.

Yay new hair, Wkrn!
  • I haven't read all of this yet (just skimmed), but has anyone mentioned mint.com yet? It does all the tracking for you, you can set budgets, assign categories to every item. I LOVE it.  H and I really really needed to start watching our money more... we were able to save a lot for the wedding and the house pretty quickly.  You just give it your log in info for your online accounts, and it automatically updates. I can see it on my phone too.  We have our checking account, two savings accounts, 5 credit cards, and 8 student loans (yes, we really have that many loans).  I can see a quick summary all at one glance, too. It's wonderful. I highly recommend checking it out. PLUS, I can pop online and look at stuff from work, too. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_come-out-come-out-wherever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c22295a3-042f-44cd-895e-8ec36714cd23Post:17b5e729-79d1-4556-82e8-fc3f15bf8fc8">Re: Come out, Come out, wherever you are!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Come out, Come out, wherever you are! : Thanks, it was hectic. Up around the general direction of your Mom, they had winds registering 60-80 mph. If I'm thinking correctly it might have been a little farther north, but the whole area got beat up a good bit. I think New Carlisle had a couple of wind gusts that registered at 100mph. Storm season blows around here!

Not fun! Was it just a storm or tornados too? Both tear up areas pretty bad. Any news from insurance yet?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_come-out-come-out-wherever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c22295a3-042f-44cd-895e-8ec36714cd23Post:e075c017-3e77-4970-9674-26b7c1524d57">Re: Come out, Come out, wherever you are!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh and was anyone else getting weird messages when trying to get on TK the past couple of days? Every time I would try to get in I got an error message that I shouldn't proceed to the TK because it had been infected with Malware. Said to try back in a couple of days, but it looks like people were still posting. 

<div>I got this too! but only at my work computer. It's gone now, though. I wonder if soemone had a virusy sig picture? (My computer kept telling me it was a picture with malware.)  Lame.</div><div>
    </div><div>I'm here! I don't usually pop onto TK in the morning anymore like I used to. AND work is just way too damn busy so I don't have time to play aroudn either. Both my coworker and supervisor are at an all-day meeting today though, so I have some more time. I'm usually in way too many meetings (5 yesterday, back to back from 8:45-2:30. gross.)</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_come-out-come-out-wherever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c22295a3-042f-44cd-895e-8ec36714cd23Post:e075c017-3e77-4970-9674-26b7c1524d57">Re: Come out, Come out, wherever you are!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh and was anyone else getting weird messages when trying to get on TK the past couple of days? Every time I would try to get in I got an error message that I shouldn't proceed to the TK because it had been <strong>infected with Malware</strong>. Said to try back in a couple of days, but it looks like people were still posting. 

The last few times we have had that D it was an actual virus, that tells you you are the websites you are trying to enter are infected. So DH downloaded the Malware protection and we run it every few months.

The last time all I did was click in a picture of a celebrity on MSN homepage and it locked up our computer, my side is still screwed up I cant even log on with Explorer.
  • Glad you guys are safe, dmiller.

Shay, I don't track spending like I should other than looking to see how much is in my account. I usually have a good idea of what's in there so if anything is off I know what to look out for. But, H tracks everything. He has to for his business and he has lots of spreadsheets with everything categorized, materials, meals, gas, etc.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_come-out-come-out-wherever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c22295a3-042f-44cd-895e-8ec36714cd23Post:fc58f3c6-72b4-4a2e-9604-7bdee5e91570">Re: Come out, Come out, wherever you are!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't read all of this yet (just skimmed), but has anyone mentioned mint.com yet? It does all the tracking for you, you can set budgets, assign categories to every item. I LOVE it.  H and I really really needed to start watching our money more... we were able to save a lot for the wedding and the house pretty quickly.  You just give it your log in info for your online accounts, and it automatically updates. I can see it on my phone too.  We have our checking account, two savings accounts, 5 credit cards, and 8 student loans (yes, we really have that many loans).  I can see a quick summary all at one glance, too. It's wonderful. I highly recommend checking it out. PLUS, I can pop online and look at stuff from work, too. 
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

<div>I really wanted to try Mint.com, but H is so hesitant because you have to put in your bank account numbers.  I wanted to use it for the very reason you mentioned, accessing it anywhere, anytime, on any device.  Right now our spreadsheet in on H's laptop and it's annoying because we can't access it from anywhere.  I mean, it's a small annoyance but an annoyance still.</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    Thank you ladies. When the stylist was wrapping up, she said, "Do you feel hotter?"
    I said, "Yeah, it is getting warm in here."

That wasn't what she was asking.  Confidence fail.

dmiller, I'm sorry to hear about that.  My Mom's house got hit a few years ago.  It was really scary and took a long time to clean up.
    The tornado basically went in a circle around their house.  It pulled all the trees up in the front and back yard, picked up both vehicles, knocked them together then dropped them, and picked up a outbuilding and dumped it about a mile away. 

Everything will be fine, though.  I'm glad you're safe.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • dmiller9274dmiller9274 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_come-out-come-out-wherever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c22295a3-042f-44cd-895e-8ec36714cd23Post:995d0fe8-af21-47ff-8ae8-e164b915a852">Re: Come out, Come out, wherever you are!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Come out, Come out, wherever you are! : Not fun! Was it just a storm or tornados too? Both tear up areas pretty bad. Any news from insurance yet?
    Posted by EmilyW416[/QUOTE]
    I don't think it was a tornado that came through here, the buzz word with the meteorologists this year seems to be straight line winds. Then the hail was terrible, I can't believe how loud it was. It's a pretty helpless feeling to sit in your house and just listen to windows breaking, hearing it rip apart the trees and smash up your vehicles. Our kitten was so scared she crawled into my house slipper and wedged herself in the closet. Pure craziness.<div>
    </div><div>Insurance basically told me to get quotes and then laughed at the fact that I was actually going to try and get through to someone today. I have to get the windows on the house fixed asap, but I'm thinking I'll probably give it a couple of days to call about the roof and the cars. Let the craziness calm down some before I even attempt to get through.</div>
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards