Snarky Brides
Options

I'd be judged because...

This could be a complete flop, but it might be interesting. We normally do the "I judge" threads, but what would you be judged on when someone doesn't know the whole story?

We do our grocery shopping on a weekly basis. One week is all good foods, and one week is all junk foods. When Demon was sick my basket included baby food, Doritos, lunch meat, milk, and cookies. I'm pretty sure I was judged by someone.

Re: I'd be judged because...

• Options
    1. My house
    2. My paycheck
    3,. My past wild behaviors
  • Options
    I think we're judged by our neighbors because we only have 1 car.  DH has a work van he gets to take home everyday where they pay for his gas and he can use it when he needs to.  There is no need for a second car, but I think people think we are broke or can't afford another car but can afford a house.
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Oh, I would open a box.

I will be honest there are a lot of threads on here I dont participate in, because people are judging things I have done. Sealed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I know my friends judge us because we don't own a home and have no intention of buying one anytime soon, and for moving all the time.

I think a lot of people on here would judge how much we spent on our wedding, especially knowing that H and I don't have great/well paying jobs. Our parents helped a lot but at the same time they couldn't cover everything so a lot of it fell on us to take care of.
  • Options
    My tattoos.

The things I did when I was in college.

The fact that Ben has never met his real father.
  • Options
    I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing that Ben hasn't met Senor Douchebag.
    My older brother has seen his biological father a handful of times, and they were all quite bad.
  • Options
    Tattoos/piercings

our Sunday, relaxed wedding (we've already been told it's a horrible idea)

Ditto on the grocery shopping.  Sometimes I pick up the strangest things in one trip

My excessive pen/marker obsession
  • Options
    I work in a maternity store and I'm a smoker. Sometimes I'll grab a shopping bag from work to carry stuff home on the subway in. The bags have the word maternity written on them clearly and I'm pretty sure people always judge the girl walking with a maternity shopping bag while smoking a cigarette.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    How many guys ive slept with.
    How little money I made this year and last year.
    That I live in my moms house.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_id-judged-because?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c2fa3a67-ae3d-488e-ba2d-b6abef1aaf1cPost:965de9a6-0aca-4e38-b5c6-e832daa2e978">Re: I'd be judged because...</a>:
    [QUOTE]My tattoos. The things I did when I was in college. The fact that Ben has never met his real father.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt judge "you", I judge him for being an ass. Just like my ex. And he made it worse, he showed up when my son was 3, talk about fvcking with a kids head.
  • Options

I don't work. People have definitely given me the side eye before when they ask what I do and I say I'm basically retired.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_id-judged-because?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c2fa3a67-ae3d-488e-ba2d-b6abef1aaf1cPost:722872ab-bf16-4463-bb88-1924a0bc2bc8">Re: I'd be judged because...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, I would open a box. I will be honest there are a lot of threads on here I dont participate in, because people are judging things I have done.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

There are definitely some that apply to me too. I remember one thread we did (either here or on E) that was "What does your husband do that drives you crazy" and I did most of the things.
  • Options
    1.  My 15 tattoos
    2.  My pup's cropped ears, tail and tattoo
    3.  Being bisexual 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_id-judged-because?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c2fa3a67-ae3d-488e-ba2d-b6abef1aaf1cPost:307915e0-a33e-4d71-b6b6-2c72c9277b5b">Re: I'd be judged because...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'd be judged because... : I wouldnt judge "you", I judge him for being an ass. Just like my ex. And he made it worse, he showed up when my son was 3, talk about fvcking with a kids head.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

I think most people are like you, but some people probably assume that it was some one night stand or something. Still none of their business, but I can see where some ahole people would judge if they didn't know the whole story.
  • Options

15 Leayn? Tell me about them please. :)

• Options
    1. My age
    2. I'm a high school drop out. (I did get my GED though)
    3. The age difference between my FI and I
    4. Being a WoW player
    5. Many other things I'm sure I could think of if I had the time.
  • Options
    Not wanting kids! I can't believe I forgot that one.
  • Options
    Ill be honest, most of the things I assume or know people would judge me for are generally justified and I keep them to myself. It just seems silly to be open about it if you know its just going to hurt you the reaction it gets. This doesnt so much apply to me+friends, but on the internet you dont know who is watching or who will use it against you in the future or try to blast you for it. Its just not worth it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_id-judged-because?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c2fa3a67-ae3d-488e-ba2d-b6abef1aaf1cPost:c6c9b5ad-5d06-4a66-bf85-dcd253f8e7dc">Re: I'd be judged because...</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. My age 2. I'm a high school drop out. (I did get my GED though) 3. The age difference between my FI and I 4. Being a WoW player 5. Many other things I'm sure I could think of if I had the time.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

Why would someone judge you because of your age?
  • Options
    FI and I are spending the night before the wedding together, and I don't care. I don't think I am doing the "something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue"  thing either.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Jas - I can't quote you for some reason.  Hmmm....

I have all different kinds, from flowers to birds to dragons.  You can see the dragon that wraps around my thigh in my sig pic.  These are the biggest though - the rest are small and cute.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My thank you notes are not out yet!!!  I feel like I should be judged.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_id-judged-because?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c2fa3a67-ae3d-488e-ba2d-b6abef1aaf1cPost:51f47a95-b9a2-4269-84d3-31c18d887f24">Re: I'd be judged because...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ill be honest, most of the things I assume or know people would judge me for are generally justified and I keep them to myself. It just seems silly to be open about it if you know its just going to hurt you the reaction it gets. This doesnt so much apply to me+friends, but on the internet you dont know who is watching or who will use it against you in the future or try to blast you for it. Its just not worth it.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Conversely, I don't know if people judging me for the aforementioned things would really hurt me. If it was someone I considered a friend, then yeah I'd be bothered, but just someone that doesn't like me? I'd be less apt to take it personally.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_id-judged-because?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c2fa3a67-ae3d-488e-ba2d-b6abef1aaf1cPost:bc14197d-9c20-4eaf-95b3-2098623327f6">Re: I'd be judged because...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not wanting kids! I can't believe I forgot that one.
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]

I love how you are judged on the kid issue for both views.

If you want kids you are selfish for bringing another person into an overpopulated world.
    If you don't want kids you are selfish for not wanting to sacrifice your current life for a kid.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_id-judged-because?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c2fa3a67-ae3d-488e-ba2d-b6abef1aaf1cPost:de75776f-d78a-4d01-90f4-45d02191cc10">Re: I'd be judged because...</a>:
    [QUOTE]My thank you notes are not out yet!!!  I feel like I should be judged.
    Posted by andy71781[/QUOTE]

I judge you because your kitty is so sweet, and you wont give him to me.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_id-judged-because?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c2fa3a67-ae3d-488e-ba2d-b6abef1aaf1cPost:065fae8c-65c1-4663-9e9b-ca0624acac55">Re: I'd be judged because...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'd be judged because... : I love how you are judged on the kid issue for both views. If you want kids you are selfish for bringing another person into an overpopulated world. If you don't want kids you are selfish for not wanting to sacrifice your current life for a kid.
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

I think house plants are the perfect middle ground.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_id-judged-because?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c2fa3a67-ae3d-488e-ba2d-b6abef1aaf1cPost:50f4b345-a064-4d75-b4be-eb777d4cad7c">Re: I'd be judged because...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'd be judged because... : Why would someone judge you because of your age?
    Posted by Miss_Sophia[/QUOTE]

I think she means people would judge her for getting married at her age? Am I right? Whatevs. My Mom got married at 20 and they've been married 31 years.

I'd be judged on:
    - Living in sin
    - The percentage of my salary I spend on rent
    - My future SIL judges me constantly on not being perfect like she is - yeah my furniture is hand me down, Deal with it!! Ugh.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    katiewhompus, you are so darn cute.  I can't imagine you driving anyone crazy. 

Anyway:  I'd be judged for my extremely liberal politics, my general trampiness when I was younger, and my 2 failed marriages.

I'd probably be judged for smoking when I have kids, too.  I deserve that judging, although in my defense I never smoked while pregnant or nursing and my kids have no idea I smoked.  Really, truly. 
  • Options
    I would be judged for
    being a smoker, living in sin, buying my dog at a breeder and I am sure there are more but I can't think of them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I feel like I'm judged because I'm not "technically" using my college degree. I hate when people ask what I do because I don't feel like my job is respected.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards