Snarky Brides
Options

Unnecessary FB status updates:

~a daily update about your kid's potty training, including if he woke up wet or not and details about how much they went in the potty and whether it was #1 or #2.

~vaguebooking in any form...this is worse if you're over 20.

~song lyrics.  All the time.  Nothing else.

Which ones annoy you?
BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Unnecessary FB status updates:

• Options
    ~When all someone does is complain. I understand complaining sometimes, but every 5-10m minutes for an hour? Also, can't stand when someone complains, but won't do anything to change their situation.
  • Options
    I had one today that still makes me shudder:

"Our little sweetie is 6 weeks old today!  Dr. says i can get back on the old horse whenever. Anyone want to babysit?  It's time to see if we can work on baby #2!'

My cousin makes me wanna gag.

So my vote is any status that lets me know you're probably having sex right at this moment.  Or that you just had sex.
  • Options
    Oh gawd.... I was just thinking about this.

-here is one that just came across my news feed. Can you say TMI? :
    mmmmm what a weekend (BEST SEX EVER)

-status updates about how much you hate our President..

I second the song lyric thing- so annoying!
  • Options

I see the potty training status' as well- All the time! Someone I know even wrote about her son smearing his feces on the wall  ewwww

And I especially hate the the break-ups and make-ups posts. People air their dirty laundry on FB way too much.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    working out!  then in the shower! then eating breakfast! then going ot work! then eating lunch!  Then going back to work! then going to the grocery store! then cooking dinner!  then eating dinner! then watching a movie! then going for a walk! then going to bed! then getting up!  and working out!

I don't need to know what you're doing every single second of the day.  Oh wait, you forgot to tell me when you were planning on using the bathroom.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    I HATE passive agressive ones where you know some one is trying to talk shiit about some one else and they can't grow up and talk it out face to face!

I also don't need to know every time some one has a headache, is bored at work, ate too much or cut their toenails (true story).
  • Options
    When every single status update ends with "luv you so much *boyfriend*!! <3<3"
  • Options
    Hey Meg, I cut my toenails today.  But I thought you'd want to know because I thought you  might want the clippings to add to your super creepy shrine to me. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unnecessary-fb-status-updates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4ec03c2-41e1-4a3b-9384-7be23345c2f1Post:9660dbe6-c0ec-4f30-9289-0a75a61500af">Re: Unnecessary FB status updates:</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had one today that still makes me shudder: "Our little sweetie is 6 weeks old today!  Dr. says i can get back on the old horse whenever. Anyone want to babysit?  It's time to see if we can work on baby #2!' My cousin makes me wanna gag. So my vote is any status that lets me know you're probably having sex right at this moment.  Or that you just had sex.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

That's too funny! I don't think i'd mind the sex posts too much- although I don't see much of them.

I also can't stand when people post pics of their food, whether they cooked the meal or not. Half the time the food doesn't even look good.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Vaguebooking drives me nuts. I have a lot of vaguebooking friends.

I see a lot of statuses I just don't agree with that drive me a little crazy. A girl I graduated high school with asked when she should get her daughter's ears pierced. Her daughter is a baby. Then a string of responses like, "The earlier the better!", "Three months!" and "Go to Walmart!" followed. It made me want to beat my head against the wall.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    if you update your status more than twice in one day with nothing but trivialities, you're annoying me. 

I hate the "OH GOD, why is this happening to me??!" ones more than anything else.   It's just so obvious you're screaming for attention and people to freak out. 

Wait, no.  WhatI hate the most is grown adults who make updates asking you to comment on their pictures.  Are you for real??

"Whatever East. You're just mad I RSVP'd "lame" to your pre-wedding sleepover."
  • Options
    I SORTA disagree with the financial woes one while posting from Blackberry or iPhone. I got my Blackberry free, and when we were having a lot of money problems, we didn't have Internet or a computer for that matter, so we kept our phones.. But for the most part, yes I agree..
  • Options
    what is vaguebooking?

My mother updates her facebook and talks about what she has to do that day and then what she completed and how tired she is.  She uses, on average, five exclamation points per sentence.  I find that annoying.

I also don't like how this girl updates her status about the kids she is a nanny for.  You should be watching those kids - not playing on the computer.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    PeOpLE wHo RanDomLY CapITaLiZe LeTTeRS.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The whole "repost this if you love cabbage/ ficus trees / war / play-do / being a coke snorting soccer mom!!!!!!!eleven!"!  ones make me want to gouge my eyes out. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unnecessary-fb-status-updates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4ec03c2-41e1-4a3b-9384-7be23345c2f1Post:673d7667-c900-44f9-98c4-a2f3ff491993">Re: Unnecessary FB status updates:</a>:
    [QUOTE]PeOpLE wHo RanDomLY CapITaLiZe LeTTeRS.
    Posted by allisong23[/QUOTE]

YES! I deleted a friend from High School for doing that! You're over 20 eyars old, why would you think tHiS iS CoOl?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unnecessary-fb-status-updates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4ec03c2-41e1-4a3b-9384-7be23345c2f1Post:25aca2e2-6ba4-4d3a-9d58-d1467d14f3a5">Re: Unnecessary FB status updates:</a>:
    [QUOTE]what is vaguebooking? Posted by andy71781[/QUOTE]

Vaguebooking is when you update your status without really saying anything, just to get attention.

Ex: "OMG. I can't believe that just happened. WORST DAY EVER!!!!!!!!!!11"

Then people respond like, "What?! What's wrong?!" And the person says, "Nothing",  "I can't tell you here" or "I'll tell you later."
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unnecessary-fb-status-updates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4ec03c2-41e1-4a3b-9384-7be23345c2f1Post:8a321196-41f1-4b11-8e88-993fac414edf">Re: Unnecessary FB status updates:</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unnecessary FB status updates: : YES! I deleted a friend from High School for doing that! You're over 20 eyars old, why would you think tHiS iS CoOl?
    Posted by cupcakesfrosting[/QUOTE]

I get motion sickness just reading it.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unnecessary-fb-status-updates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4ec03c2-41e1-4a3b-9384-7be23345c2f1Post:df637781-e8cc-4e0d-9648-7eec037a3577">Re: Unnecessary FB status updates:</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unnecessary FB status updates: : My friend  spends money like it grows on trees and then complains ALL THE TIME about not having money, but just posted about buying something random the other day. Some people never learn. 
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

Oh definitely.. FI and I have basically been living on veggies, and 1 10lb. bag of Pasta for the last couple months. If WE can do it (We are the MOST compulsive spenders on Earth), I'm pretty sure most people can handle things.. If you can't then get help. It's time to curb those spending habits.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unnecessary-fb-status-updates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4ec03c2-41e1-4a3b-9384-7be23345c2f1Post:c5869fa7-ba59-444e-8e90-6aa616f1e2a3">Re: Unnecessary FB status updates:</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unnecessary FB status updates: : Vaguebooking is when you update your status without really saying anything, just to get attention. Ex: "OMG. I can't believe that just happened. WORST DAY EVER!!!!!!!!!!11" Then people respond like, "What?! What's wrong?!" And the person says, "Nothing",  "I can't tell you here" or "I'll tell you later."
    Posted by MarriedInAFever[/QUOTE]

oh yes I hate that too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    This FB post annoys the hell out of me (It's from a coworker)

Ummmm so I have an extra ticket that I have payed for already...... Thinking of who deserves for me to give it to and that would mean alot for my daughter to have that persons presents????? Also that has supported her....... Wow what a hard task I have in front of me..... UMMMMMMM THIS IS HARD!!!! :((((
    Her pre-teen daughter is a pageant girl. She also has photos of said pre-teen daughter in a bikini all over her FB. Really?
    imageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unnecessary-fb-status-updates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4ec03c2-41e1-4a3b-9384-7be23345c2f1Post:2e505ffe-0544-42df-a484-9dcddbf7c29c">Re: Unnecessary FB status updates:</a>:
    [QUOTE]This FB post annoys the hell out of me (It's from a coworker) Ummmm so I have an extra ticket that I have payed for already...... Thinking of who deserves for me to give it to and that would mean alot for my daughter to have that persons presents????? Also that has supported her....... Wow what a hard task I have in front of me..... UMMMMMMM THIS IS HARD!!!! :(((( Her pre-teen daughter is a pageant girl. She also has photos of said pre-teen daughter in a bikini all over her FB. Really?
    Posted by JenGin74[/QUOTE]

I think that would annoy me, purely for the grammatical errors. And is she asking who would mean alot to her daughter to be PRESENT at the Pageant? Or is she asking who's PRESENTS would mean the most to her daughter? I'm confused.
  • Options
    Anything longer than 3 sentences.

I know I've had semi long ones before and sometimes I'm guilty of updating a few times a day. :/
  • Options
    not a status thing but OHFORGODSSAKE annoying is people who comment and like every. single. thing.  you do.   Stop stalking me!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unnecessary-fb-status-updates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4ec03c2-41e1-4a3b-9384-7be23345c2f1Post:b9188af1-d99d-4a5b-89c6-dc3a8ae06687">Re: Unnecessary FB status updates:</a>:
    [QUOTE]not a status thing but OHFORGODSSAKE annoying is people who comment and like every. single. thing.  you do.   Stop stalking me!
    Posted by eastunder1[/QUOTE]

This creeps me the f out. Then I started using privacy filters and lists. Problem solved.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unnecessary-fb-status-updates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4ec03c2-41e1-4a3b-9384-7be23345c2f1Post:b9188af1-d99d-4a5b-89c6-dc3a8ae06687">Re: Unnecessary FB status updates:</a>:
    [QUOTE]not a status thing but OHFORGODSSAKE annoying is people who comment and like every. single. thing.  you do.   Stop stalking me!
    Posted by eastunder1[/QUOTE]

I'm hiding under your bed.
  • Options
    Ones that are updated every 3 seconds about a 14-year-old style relationship from kids who are out of high school, particularly in lyric form and especially if lyrics are altered so that the gender is correct or changed from 3rd person to 1st person.  From the beginning of the relationship to OMG this is the ONE even though its the 80th time I've said I've found the ONE until weeks after the breakup.

I hide those ones.  Until they break up.  Then DH and I read all of the statuses for amusement and I feel like a jerk but the statuses are too funny and AWish by that point, usually.
  • Options
    this girl that keeps complaining about being a mother, biitching about being broke and not being able to come up with the rent then her very next status is stating she's at the bar.

My sister and I were talking about this and low and behold today she posted about not knowing how she's going to get back and forth to work now since she was an idiot and drove with a suspended lic. and got into an accident.
    I was sorta hoping for a DUI (with no one getting injured!!) but either way I am hoping she learned her lesson which I am sure she hasn't and now her status's will be of her whining about not having a vehicle.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I have never done a status thing on facebook, for the above mentioned reasons. I don't think anyone gives a damn about my day. It's not even that interesting to me.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I have a few friends who are notorious for globbing 5 or more separate thoughts together in a status. Example:

‎**~ sucker for punishment **~ Hi I'm just a voice, not actually a person, PLEASE be an asshole to me? ** friday the 13th is worst than a full moon...going out with my ladies to release some of this bullshit energy and get back to the good vibes ♥

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards