Snarky Brides

Random Chat

2»

Re: Random Chat

• Congrats Sere!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Congrats Sere.  Sounds like a great job.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Congrats Sere!

I'm kinda frustrated right now. I was supposed to be in a wedding at the end of Sept but it's in PA and a week before I'm due so I can't go. I'm going to the shower at the end of June and helping to pay for it and throw it.

Well for the bachlorette party, we were supposed to go to my parents condo in Myrtle Beach but they ended up selling it. Now, I'm getting messages that the bride wants a beach weekend somewhere else and was just asked if I had my passport?? I can't afford that. I'm not working and we have a baby coming. I know as soon as I say I can't afford it, everyone is going to consider me the asshole. Ugh.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • boo Hike. Who the hell goes somewhere international for a 'beach weekend'. I mean, I guess she's assuming you'll all be paying for it. ;) But still. Just say no.
  • Duds and Steph- I already said no go to out of the county. Honestly, at that point I'll be 7 months pregnant and my H will be deployed. I really don't want to travel out of driving distance just in case something happens, especially because I'm on my own down here. We have no family around. Is that being paranoid? 

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks duds. I'm usually pretty good at being honest about what will work for me but I just feel really guilty I can't go to the wedding to begin with so it makes me even feel guiltier when these things come up.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • That's not paranoid at all, hike. That's being practical and smart. You have to think of yourself and your baby first.

By the way, did you get your H's schedule yet so we can meet up?
  • I told my mom I didn't want a baby shower in WI at all in August.  Once I hit about 36 weeks, I'm not leaving the Twin Cities. screw that. some for safety, and some because I have a feeling I just wont' want to sit in a car for 3-4 hours.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ccfb4ccc-063b-48bf-8465-1c77c06bc7d9Post:1348a698-9c72-40c8-bb4b-c9ca2dc50e5b">Re: Random Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's not paranoid at all, hike. That's being practical and smart. You have to think of yourself and your baby first. By the way, did you get your H's schedule yet so we can meet up?
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]
    We have a meeting Friday so I should get it then. I'll let you know and then we can plan a lunch! :-)
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Hike- is your H going to be home when you are due or deployed?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ccfb4ccc-063b-48bf-8465-1c77c06bc7d9Post:4cb17ae0-6df1-4cb6-b481-ad7f7ddfd99a">Re: Random Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hike- is your H going to be home when you are due or deployed?
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]
    We are RIGHT on the border about that so at this point, we think he will be home but there's a high chance he'll be deployed.<div>
    </div><div>My mom is on call to fly out asap if I go into labor and he isn't home. :-)</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:ccfb4ccc-063b-48bf-8465-1c77c06bc7d9Post:9de264c7-37e9-4142-bf49-97ede7b210fa">Re: Random Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Random Chat : We are RIGHT on the border about that so at this point, we think he will be home but there's a high chance he'll be deployed. My mom is on call to fly out asap if I go into labor and he isn't home. :-)
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

Ugh, that sucks Hike.  Im really sorry you might have to do it alone. 

Hey, Ill fly down, lol.  Id make a good birth coach ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • aww, Hike. I'm sorry. That has to be really hard. I hope he'll be there!  It's good your mom can fly down too though :)

Have you been able to meet any of the other wives there? Are they nice? 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ccfb4ccc-063b-48bf-8465-1c77c06bc7d9Post:74c301fc-f2cd-4cd6-80cd-d3a903b027f1">Re: Random Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Random Chat : Ugh, that sucks Hike.  Im really sorry you might have to do it alone.  Hey, Ill fly down, lol.  Id make a good birth coach ;)
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]
    Haha. You'd probably be better than my mom! She's a great mom but not really sympathetic to pain and probably a terrible coach. :-)<div>
    </div><div>I'm just going into the deployment thinking he won't be home. It will be a nice surprise if he is and even though I'll probably cry if he isn't, at least I was prepared. They are doing crazy refit hours right now so he is basically never home and I've done most of it myself so far. At least it's getting me prepared.</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ccfb4ccc-063b-48bf-8465-1c77c06bc7d9Post:55466a6d-46d7-4b18-9dc0-48ad12bde327">Re: Random Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]aww, Hike. I'm sorry. That has to be really hard. I hope he'll be there!  It's good your mom can fly down too though :) Have you been able to meet any of the other wives there? Are they nice? 
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]
    I don't know if you remember the first time I went to the meeting and no one said hello or ANYTHING to me. I would introduce myself and they'd kinda just smile and walk away.<div>
    </div><div>Well, we had the second meeting last week. This time, there were tables. I was sitting waiting for the one person I do know to get there and instead of people just filling in seats around me, the wives just stole the chairs from my table to sit somewhere else. I was left alone at a table with no other seats. Haha. People are diiicks.</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks duds. Two of the wives have been really nice and helpful, I'm just very very different than them so we don't have much in common. 

I still plan on volunteering for the sub with these women so they better get used to me. :-) 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I can't believe they wouldn't introduce themselves. Even I would make an effort, and I'm horribly socially inept. Hopefully some of the nicer women there will be there for you if your H is deployed. I'd volunteer, but I'd probably be like your mom, telling you to suck it up already.
  • Haha Sesh. I usually have a high pain tolerance but I have a feeling that might change when I have a baby trying to come out.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • WTF, hike? Like they weren't all there at one point or another themselves. assholes.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ccfb4ccc-063b-48bf-8465-1c77c06bc7d9Post:a650c3a6-9c26-49ba-90b7-74083046b18f">Re: Random Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]WTF, hike? Like they weren't all there at one point or another themselves. assholes.
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]
    Yup. Exactly. The lady in charge mentioned a sunshine committee that welcomes new wives at my first meeting. I'm going to try to either start that up or get involved in that. I don't think these women realize that I don't get intimidated. I think they want to keep all the activities for their "group". Nope, I will be at everything and ready to volunteer. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I love that show Dot. The culture is so interesting to me. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I feel bad for the girls because they stop being educated in middle school and basically are abused by their husbands after getting married. One episode showed the % of gypsie women abused and it was HIGH. But then they don't know better so am I a diiick for feeling bad for them?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards