Snarky Brides
Options

eminem

Thoughts on his new cd?

I looooove his new single, im not usually an eminem fan, but for some reason I really REALLY like his new cd.

I like that he isnt just about the reputation. Hes real.

Re: eminem

• Options
    Not Afraid is a really good song. Isn't that on the new CD?

Photobucket

Anniversary
  • Options
    SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited July 2010
    Eminem= LOVE

I have loved him since before he was famous. I also think he's hot. His lyrics are always so clear and precise, and he doesn't waste his time talking about big money, jewelry, and dancin' in the club. 

The new album is on point. 

ETA: I listem to it at least daily, as its on my iTunes playlist and I keep my door shut at work. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I haven't heard much of his new album but I've always really liked Eminem.  Personal life aside - the man's a freaking lyrical genius, and I can appreciate that, even if rap isn't really my schtick.
    panther
  • Options
    I love eminem.
  • Options
    I snuck in to 8 Mile when I was in 8th grade. That's the last time I've thought of eminem.
  • Options

I definitely have a soft spot for tortured souls with amazing lyrical abilities. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_eminem?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d052927d-ab4e-4622-8755-0cb58f073d71Post:270e6fb3-ead2-4be1-9f6d-51f9fad95d8d">Re: eminem</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't heard much of his new album but I've always really liked Eminem.  Personal life aside - the man's a freaking lyrical genius, and I can appreciate that, even if rap isn't really my schtick.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]
    Took the words right out of my mouth.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I agree, he is a lyrical genius. I think he is just so brilliant how he strings word together. I think he is actually really deep. Ive always "liked" him, but lately I just really really like him.
  • Options
    Nebb, on the new album, Cinderella Man and Seduction are 2 of my faves, along with the Rhianna duet and No Love. 
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    He is hot too.
  • Options
    He's hot.
  • Options
    The new dark hair look suits him well, although I loved him as a blond as well. 
  • Options
    looks much better with dark hair...and No Love is another great song that Sarah mentioned.

Photobucket

Anniversary
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    I saw an interview with him recently about his new cd, and he was talking about being a role model - and I think with the single atleast regarding addiction, being open about it and overcoming seems like a far more positive "rap" role model than any ive ever seen. I really like that hes putting himself out there, his personal issues and life, to help others.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    Ricks, hot pic and I loooooove your shark sig!!
  • Options
    I think he is. I think he needed help dealing with his own issues (he definitely has issues) but I could always sense an inner goodness about him, like he wanted better and wanted to be a more well adjusted person, he just didn't know how. I really hope his daughters can forgive him for all the crap they went through with him and their mom and can give him another chance. 
  • Options
    I haven't heard his new cd, so has he changed a lot? The role model thing surprises me a bit. I remember a song in which he describes killing his girlfriend and dumping her body, while his daughter is in the car.
  • Options
    TY Nebb. I hope they both make you feel a little better.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    I think if anything is clear from his music, and how much he mentions his daughter, he loves her to death.
  • Options
    He had a song out about a year ago that I really liked, called 3 AM. It was really twisted.
  • Options
    really, Nebb, if you haven't gotten the whole album, you should. There are so many good songs on it. 

His albums are always good when I'm having a crappy day

Oh, and a not-so-secret: Em has seen my boobs. At a concert at Stubbs backyard in Austin when I was in college. I got a t-shirt. 
  • Options
    Ha Sarah you whore!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_eminem?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d052927d-ab4e-4622-8755-0cb58f073d71Post:8e11aebd-4c56-4b8a-9b1f-250dea013d92">Re: eminem</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't heard his new cd, so has he changed a lot? The role model thing surprises me a bit. I remember a song in which he describes killing his girlfriend and dumping her body, while his daughter is in the car.
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Jas, that song was a vent, of course. I'm glad he wrote about it instead of actually doing it. I'm not going to say he isn't twisted, but he seems to channel into his music rather than real life. He has a vivid imagination to say the least. </div>
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    I got it tonight, im just listening to the whole thing now, I really like it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_eminem?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d052927d-ab4e-4622-8755-0cb58f073d71Post:b46a8b89-ebfe-4d11-9c36-15d88251ba8a">Re: eminem</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ha Sarah you whore!
    Posted by ricksang[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks, Ricks :)</div><div>
    </div><div>It was way back when he was touring with the Beat Nuts, who later became D12 of the song about purple pills from a few years ago. </div>
  • Options
    Yeah, better to vent, but I wonder how his daughter will view that song when she grows up? It's her mom he's singing about. I haven't actually listened to this new stuff, though. I may have to go listen.
  • Options
    I used to flash my boobs at Mardi Gras so I can say anything :P
  • Options
    I've liked a lot of his stuff - I never paid much attention until 8 Mile came out - that song grabbed my attention.

Weirdly, I also like Kid Rock. Makes J insane. He saw him live in Sturgis and said he is absolutely totally different live (in a worse way) than recorded, and he hates him recorded.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    His new stuff is about coming back from his addiction and getting his head straight. 

He said in an interview once that he hopes his kids never hear some of his earlier music, but if they ask, he would be honest with them about how his anger consumed him, and that's what came out of his anger. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards