Snarky Brides

ohhey Thursday

What's everyone up to? I went to bed last night at 7 and still woke up with a headache. I've got nothing going on at work so I just gave up and called in sick. I feel better already ;) My boss comes back from med leave in a week, so I'm trying to get all the stress reduction I can before then. ha

Re: ohhey Thursday

• Good morning, Steph!

I'm over working this week, and that's about all I got. Definitely looking forward to sleeping as long as possible Sunday morning!

We also have zero groceries in my house. Well, that's a lie. We have ham but no bread, we have cream cheese, and we have a slab of frozen bacon. Which is really annoying because I have to eat at my caf for both meals today.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Jenna, that was our house for about two weeks when I felt the worst. Finally going grocery shopping and having food in the house was like a miracle. Haha That was about the time I started looking at grocery delivery services too ;)
  • I just get so annoyed because I used to love grocery shopping and preparing food, and now I just can't be bothered. Yet, I'm just as annoyed to have nothing to eat!

Sunday I plan on making lasagna and another big meal so we have leftovers,  because I really hate eating sandwiches too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Morning all.  I'm still at home, and it's nice.  I've got my regular doctor's apt at 9, so I opted to stay home and in bed a bit longer instead of going into the office for half an hour.

So, now I'm eating breakfast (numbers, it's a toasted english muffin w/ PB and banana, also a protein shake on the side) and thinking about heading out soon.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hey everyone! Not much going on here today. I have a doctors appointment and there is a Starbucks on the way. I think I might treat myself since its almost 20 minutes away to the nearest one. Want to know something awesome? We live so close to base that I can hear the national anthem playing right now. I've heard it every morning at 8. It puts me in a good mood! Edie- I'm glad it's just a belt and not the whole thing. :-) Jenna- I was getting frustrated with not having food before we moved. I ended up making meals I could cook on a Sunday and eat throughout the week. It was awesome to not have to worry about cooking everyday.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Feel better Steph!

Edie, I'm glad it's just a belt!

Just another Thursday at school.  Tonight, however, I am cooking dinner for my MOH and we're having a girls night.  We both are so busy that we rarely get time to hang out, so I'm excited to spend some time together!  I apparently am also getting some "invitations" tonight (my shower and bach party ones) lol. I'm excited to see them too becaue they're apparently really cute (she sent them out last week)
  • Good morning.  I'm having a really hard time going into work lately.  I hate this new position that was forced upon me and I just dwell on it all the time.  I wish something else would come up so I could quit being a miserable person.  And before anyone says it, yes I am thankful to have a job.  No, I am not thankful to be treated liked shiit and be made to feel inferior to everyone else in the department.

In other news, I'm really looking forward to Valentine's Day!  H and I decided to just have really nice dinner at our favorite place and skip gifts.  I'm excited for it.  I'm especially excited to give him his card, which is about zombies and I know he'll love it ha ha ha.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Well H is leaving me early tomorrow morning so today will be a crazy day getting his truck back, packing, working, and everything else we have to do. His grandpa's funeral is Monday so I'm glad he will get to be with family for that, but I'll miss him so I'm bummed about being alone for a week. But at least we got some important things done.

Anyway, I have to go shadow someone now. It's the most boring thing ever watching someone write, and write soooo slooooow.
  • Raynes - yum, your breakfast sounds awesome...I slathered muddled raspberries and chai seeds, plain yogurt and honey on to two eggo waffles...so good!  And I have some salmon sushi (and a yummy salad) for lunch so food wise I am good to go today.

I am having a hard time motivating myself to get up for work too...I am still going to bed about an hour later than I should though so that doesn't help. 

Tonight I am going to see one of my students perform in Grease...and going out for dinner beforehand too! It will be a nice treat. 
  • mmm lasagna sounds good. Maybe I'll make that this weekend instead (I was going to make it for V-Day.) Good luck at the doctor, Raynes and Hike! Sorry about your work, Shay. I completely understand. A similar thing happened to me about a year and a half ago. FWIW it worked out for me in the end :)
  • edited February 2012
    Is it Friday yet??

FI is back from his conference so I'm happy... but I was NOT happy about the snoring all night last night, poor guy was exhausted though.  I'm tired and headachey today.  The Ibuprofen I took last night didn't seem to work and I have Excedrin, but I don't like the anxious/cracked out feeling it leaves me with.  I have a meeting at 10... hopefully I don't fall asleep.
  • Thanks, Steph. I'm starting to think this is a sign about possibly moving.

Sesh, I hope everything goes smoothly for you guys today =(.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • lbarr, Excedrin never really does much for my headaches. Have you tried Aleve? I would love an Aleve right now. ;)
  • Steph, I forgot about Aleve.  I took it once and it worked pretty well.  I can never tell if Excedrin works well for me or not, I think I get so anxious that I forget about the headache? 

After sitting here for a bit I am thinking that this headache is more sinus related vs. the start of a migraine.  The gym last night was really stuffy, as well as my apartment and I think I have some pretty unhappy sinuses at the moment as a result.  
  • Steph- have you tried a little caffeine?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ohhey-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d51b1359-6d51-4d1f-82fa-a929cc02e39aPost:2bffeec0-95e0-4d10-89f4-9677cd54e7ad">Re: ohhey Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Steph- have you tried a little caffeine?
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

Not yet. I will after I force myself to eat some breakfast. The headache is a holdover from yesterday too, and my usual caffeine didn't do much sadly.

It's not a migraine thankfully, but I knew I wouldn't be productive at work anyway.
  • Morning!  I have a meeting at our main office today, and then I'm coming back home until my first client because going to MY office would add an hour of driving time into an already driving filled day.  I didn't get up to work out today, so I guess I'll have to do that tonight while dinner is in the oven.  Exciting day ;)

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • J- was yesterday your first day with clients? How'd it go??
  • Yup, my first day with my clients by myself!  It went great :)  Well, aside from a really crappy meeting with my one of my kids' school, but that's to be expected.  My kids are all pretty awesome.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Good Morning!

I have to fly from Miami to New York for a business trip at the end of this month. I'm so nervous. I can't stop thinking about it. I really don't want to go but I have to. I've never flown before and I feel like I have this led weight in my stomach.

Steph, feel better!
  • Good morning. I am currently on the hunt for a new ob/gyn in the area where I work. There is a hospital right across the street but I can't seem to find any information about their offices. The Hospital is a part of the University of Pittsburgh Medical and the stupid website won't limit the search to just one hospital. I just want to walk across the street on my lunch break for my prenatal visits when the time comes. I don't want to have to trek across town. I'm so annoyed by their internet search function that I might just walk over to the info desk on my lunch.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ohhey-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d51b1359-6d51-4d1f-82fa-a929cc02e39aPost:d05ad64f-0fe2-4efc-92fa-9d75abb85a91">Re: ohhey Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning. I am currently on the hunt for a new ob/gyn in the area where I work. There is a hospital right across the street but I can't seem to find any information about their offices. The Hospital is a part of the University of Pittsburgh Medical and the stupid website won't limit the search to just one hospital. I just want to walk across the street on my lunch break for my prenatal visits when the time comes. I don't want to have to trek across town. I'm so annoyed by their internet search function that I might just walk over to the info desk on my lunch.
    Posted by Y I Oughta[/QUOTE]

Can you search through your insurance's web page? You could probably but in your work address to see what's closest.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Good morning ladies. I, too, am less than thrilled with work today. I love having lots of stuff to do, but my suervisor drives me crazy because he knows about 20% of the job, so he shovels the other 80% that he can't handle off onto me. It's really making me start to resent him and respect him less and less because he seems so incompetent.

In other news, I slept great last night, woke up refreshed, and got in a good workout. I'm hoping to be able to get back into running this weekend. The race is in just over two weeks, yay!
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Edie- I'm in Shady Side. If I were near Magee it would be much easier.

Hike- I tried that too but I have UPMC insurance and it gives me a bunch of offices that are in Oakland and a little further away than I'd like to be. It also gives me their office locations outside of the hospital. A lot of them hold two offices. One in the hospital and one elsewhere in a neighborhood.  I tried calling one from the website and it turned out they don't do prenatal care, only gyn. Ugh. I'll find someone I like eventually, it's just annoying.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Guys, my dogs are such assholes.  It was about half an hour from the time H left for work until I just got out of bed.  They destroyed two of my shoes. Of course not the same pair, either. I only realized it because when I got out of bed, they both came running upstairs... Puck with the shoe in his mouth. jerk.

They've been so good lately, so it's like they KNEW they had a special opportunity to be assholes and took advantage of it. 
  • Hey, good morning guys. 

We got our new washer and dryer yesterday.  I don't think I've ever been so excited to do laundry.

I'm sucking down coffee and getting prepped for the day.  I have my first riding lesson today and I'm stoked.  It's something I've always wanted to do and even though I feel a bit silly learning how to ride a horse at 25, I'm glad I'm finally doing it. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ohhey-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d51b1359-6d51-4d1f-82fa-a929cc02e39aPost:7ab905ca-c512-43e6-b104-7463ddec0ca0">Re: ohhey Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good Morning! I have to fly from Miami to New York for a business trip at the end of this month. I'm so nervous. I can't stop thinking about it. I really don't want to go but I have to. I've never flown before and I feel like I have this led weight in my stomach. Steph, feel better!
    Posted by SunriseAmber[/QUOTE]

Don't stress! I've flown a million times and it's not bad at all.  And honestly, you're more likely to get into a car accident on the way to the airport than to have your plane crash.
  • Morning!  I'm laying on my couch, trying to motivate myself to get up and start working.  I have 5 hours of class tonight (ugh) and then am going out for birthday dessert with a friend, I think.  Nothing incredibly exciting.

"Smash's balls are the biggest balls of them all." -AATB

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ohhey-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d51b1359-6d51-4d1f-82fa-a929cc02e39aPost:2e078917-96e5-446c-9688-42dc6f3d7944">Re: ohhey Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey, good morning guys.  We got our new washer and dryer yesterday.  I don't think I've ever been so excited to do laundry. I'm sucking down coffee and getting prepped for the day.  I have my first riding lesson today and I'm stoked.  It's something I've always wanted to do and even though I feel a bit silly learning how to ride a horse at 25, I'm glad I'm finally doing it. 
    Posted by chirpchirp[/QUOTE]

<div>i am so jealous of both things! I rode when I was younger and even went to an amazing horseback riding camp for three summers in New Hampshire. I haven't been on a horse in about 20 years though and I would really love to get back into it. I know there are some places around here but I haven't really looked into it.</div><div>
    </div><div>I'd also kill to have a washer/dryer in our apartment. FH usually goes to the laundromat but after he (once again) ruined 3 of my favorite work shirts this weekend by leaving a pen in his pocket we have decided to wash all our clothes separately. There is a machine in our building but it never seems to dry all the way the first time and it is very expensive. </div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Morning. 

We were up/out late last night fixing our fence gate from where the neighborhood kids were playing some sort of chase/hiding game and one of them decided our back yard was fair to play in.  He ran right into our gate and pushed it the wrong way, bent the hinges, bent the latch, and broke one of the pickets on the fence.  It was then stuck about 8" open, just enough for Emma to get through but not enough that he could.  I was so angry.  H had fun fixing it though. 

I'm hopeful that today is productive, but if it is I'll be surprised.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards