Snarky Brides
Options

ohhey Thursday

Re: ohhey Thursday

• Options
    DJ, I've never understood that.  I mean, my boss will bring her son in once in awhile in the summer if his day care thing is closed.  But he's 8, so he just hangs out in her office and reads or plays his DS. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASH!
  • Options
    Have fun, Chirp!!

Celtic- we have had some similar laundry issues in our household.  H doesn't seem to understand that my sweaters cannot go in the dryer on full heat with our jeans. So now there's one laundry basket that he doesn't touch.  (We keep 3 in our laundry room and sort as we go, and then just do a load whenever one of the baskets gets full.)
  • Options
    Pirate, I'd be pissed.  When we first moved in, one of our neighbors (we haven't seen them since though) was standing at the fence taunting the dogs.  You know damn well though if one of them bit a person, we'd be in trouble... even if they were causing all the damage. grrr

Duds- our printers at work have been all effed up lately too. One of them refuses to print on anything except legal paper. 
  • Options
    Good morning, ladies! I'm on my way to the photoshoot I was telling you about. I think it might be time to get a car- the shoot is in Santa Clara, which would take 45 minutes by car or THREE HOURS by train, which is what I'm on right now. Poli does not enjoy waking up at 4. It's still f-ing dark out! I was feeling kind of nervous, but somehow this thread is having a calming effect on me :)
  • Options
    DJ- when I taught, the kids who had parents as teachers would go to their classroom before school and at dismissal. Obviously not a huge deal until they would play tag in the hall, bounce basketballs up and down the hall, and do gymnastics. I get that it's a perk to have your kids go to your classroom at the end of the day, but they should stay inside a room. It was really annoying.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Geez pirate, how fast was the kid running to do that kind of damage? I'd totally be handing the bill to his parents.

H just called and said we got our tax return in so we can use it to fix his truck. I'm so relieved not having to put it all on the cc. Definitely relieves some of the stress of him leaving since he can instead use the card for gas and we get the reward points.

Good luck, poli! I want to see pics asap.
  • Options
    Poli! Did you ever update us on your chat with your office? about the tax stuff?
  • Options
    polichikpolichik member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Stephan (ETA: ha autocorrect! Steph) I'm sorry about your shoes :( Reading that, I had a flashback about the awful girl who wanted to abandon her dog because he had chewed some shoes. She insisted that she had locked her closet and that her dog "somehow" opened the door. Opposable thumb fail. Sunrise, don't worry about flying! I actually really enjoy it- it's a time to unplug and just read for a while without having to respond to phone calls or emails. And, if all else fails, an overpriced bloody mary will help :)
  • Options
    haha. Thankfully it was just two pairs of cheap-o shoes from Target, but still! Couldn't they have ruined two shoes from the same damn pair?
  • Options
    alright, I got some breakfast in me (Cocoa Krispies, thankyouverymuch. nom nom.)

If I feel better, I'm going to run to the store and get some Tylenol. There's a Redbox there too. Any suggestions on new-ish release movies?
  • Options
    morning. 

This week is shiit. Work is killing me, Michael got a nail in one of his tires yesterday and it's flat, the IRS is delaying tax returns so it's going to be another 2 weeks before we get ours, and the best part, the roots from our tree in the front yard decided to grow through the main water pipe. They're going to dig up most of my front yard today and cut down my tree that I love. We've had no water since last night. Thank God my parents live in the same development so we could run down there to shower and use the bathroom. 

The upside is I'm really looking forward to the weekend. Saturday I'm going to a big charity event for Children's Hospital. I think this is my 7th year going and it's always a ton of fun. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ohhey-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d51b1359-6d51-4d1f-82fa-a929cc02e39aPost:5e4c495e-e979-4276-8b67-65873667eef5">Re: ohhey Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Poli! Did you ever update us on your chat with your office? about the tax stuff?
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

Thanks for asking! I think I posted a little about it, but it was a threadjack at the en of something unrelated.

Basically, she threw "the board" under the bus, even those the board consists of her and her two childhood friends. She kept whining about how the board was pressuring her to close the offie ever since she first opened it, and she was basically the white knight who had been "fighting for us" since day one. BS!

I won't go into the details, but the first therapist who she hired to open the office was legitimately crazy. She ended up trying to sabotage the office and took all the furniture out one day without telling of us. Apparently the program director hadn't gotten over it and was resentful of the office ever since, even though the crazy therapist left almost a year ago. She was convinced that we were conspiring against her and trying to take over her business.

She pleaded ignorance about the tax stuff and said she'd have the board "look into it." So, I told her that I would be making arrangements to leave unless she disclosed everything and had a weekly budget review with us.
  • Options
    Thanks Steph!

Celtic and Duds, I can't stand using community washers and dryers.  We got these for super cheap from Best Buy and even through they aren't front loaders like I really wanted, the washer is HE and does a fantastic job. 
  • Options
    Duds, it was the friend of the kid who lives a couple houses down.  Not the kid who lives in our neighborhood.  If it was the kid who lives there I'd have said something to his mom, I'm pretty tolerant of them playing ball practically in our front yard every day, but the back yard is a different story.

Sesh, he had quite a bit of mass to create momentum, if you know what I mean.

• Options
    In Time was surprisingly good, and I don't really care for Justin Timberlake.

Hanna (not that new but I still love it)
  • Options
    Morning! Looks like I will have a busier day today at work and hopefully within the next couple days H and I can go buy him a new car. Finally the car saga will come to an end.

Steph- I second Crazy Stupid Love, and I also loved Midnight in Paris.
  • Options
    Sorry, it posted before I was done :P I think it comes down to immaturity and incompetence on her part, as opposed to deviousness. Instead of bringing her concerns to us like an adult, she worked herself up into a frenzy thinking we were her enemies, and decided to close the office instead of acting like a program director and addressing it. I'm going to wait a month to see if things change. If not, I'm out!
  • Options
    polichikpolichik member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    DJ, I love the new sig pic! So cute :)
  • Options
    score. Crazy Stupid Love is on iTunes, so I don't even have to leave my house.
  • Options
    :/ a guy in my office just heated up chicken stirfry, poured a bunch of hot sauce on it and is eating it at his desk. Its 9:30. Wtf?? I had a work thing lastnight and I left with a buddy of mine who's into space. It was really clear out and he showed me venus and jupiter as well as a dwarf star or something. It was so freaking neat!
  • Options
    cheeseandricecheeseandrice member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited February 2012
    eww Nebb. I hate when people heat weird things in the office.

My ex 'fling' in HS was super into space.  He always used to point out different stars and stuff. I pretended to understand what he was saying ;) Considering we were just friends with benefits, it was pretty romantic. haha

ETA: not implying your conversation with your work friend was romantic!
  • Options
    Edie, yes that's it. The concept is interesting and it was weird that everyone in the movie looked young, yet some were super old. The only one who looked too old for the part was Cillian Murphy (dude needed more makeup or something, he did not look 25), but he's hot so I didn't mind.
  • Options
    My friend always texts me "awesome moon alerts" whenever the moon looks cool. I like space, but not as much as he does. We always chat about weather and solar flares. One time this summer when we got a huge thunderstorm he was parked on top of a parking garage texting me updates of what he could see. I love having a friend who's into that stuff.
  • Options
    Nebb - that's a pretty normal breakfast for FH. He also likes cheesesteaks and hot wings for breakfast. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'll be watching lots of movies when H is gone. He doesn't want to see some that are on demand right now, like The Debt, Moneyball, and a couple others I can't remember the names of right now.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ohhey-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d51b1359-6d51-4d1f-82fa-a929cc02e39aPost:9cb16536-ca19-482d-a45e-0421193d190a">Re: ohhey Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nebb - that's a pretty normal breakfast for FH. He also likes cheesesteaks and hot wings for breakfast. 
    Posted by celticmyss[/QUOTE]

That's me!

I refuse to believe that certain foods are only for breakfast, lunch and dinner lol

Hope you're all having a marvelous day ~ Steph how are you feeling lately? Good I'm hoping!
  • Options
    I'm baaaaaaack (and finally caught up).  My apt went well.  Apparently I've got a boring pregnancy, which hey, I'll take any day. 

Nebb, I was SUPER into space when I was in about grade 7-8.  I still enjoy it, and have some fun constellation apps, but I wish I knew more again!
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Good morning, ladies.

I really wish I gaveashit about today.  But I don't.  Rough night; I didn't go to boot camp this morning, and I just don't care.  Tomorrow we're supposed to meet with people from the company that bought our company - they insist it's not an interview, but what else do you call it when the counterparts to our management want to meet one-on-one to discuss our jobs?  Sounds like an interview to me.  For my own job.  FML.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Sesh - the Debt is excellent! Unfortunately we saw it in a theater full of elderly people who were all having loud conversations. We'll have to watch it again. I'm a big Helen Mirren fan though, I generally like anything she does. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    eek Les, I'm sorry.  Good luck?

Raynes, that reminds me. Google Sky is a pretty sweet app!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards