Snarky Brides
Options

Etsy.com is like crack... late night shopping. Opinions please, kaythanks.

Wedding related stuff and things.

Here's a bunch of crap I got off etsy.com to go with my wedding dress...

hairpiece: (I'll wear a birdcage veil)

earrings:

necklace:

So here's what I'm wondering - My colors are pewter (charcoal grey), wine and light pink.  I have been perusing around etsy looking for a vintagish pearl bracelet but haven't found any that I feel are a good price, or would go well with the other pieces I've bought - and eventually I thought I'd drop the idea of a bracelet all together, since that necklace is kinda fine by itself.

...But I like jewelry, so I looked again tonight, and came across this bracelet:

It doesn't exactly GO with the other jewelry I've purchased, but I can't stop thinking about it.  I'm going to wear wine colored dyed shoes - and everything else I'm wearing is ivory.  How do you think this would look?  Should I buy it?  Wait?  Should I quit adorning myself with so much crap that I can't even walk down the aisle in November?
panther

Re: Etsy.com is like crack... late night shopping. Opinions please, kaythanks.

• Options
    Omg, I was just about to post something about Etsy.

I love everything, including the bracelet but I do not think it goes.
  • Options
    No bracelet.  You have so many other things going on, it will be distracting.  But everything else is beautiful!  Maybe you can get the bracelet for your rehearsal, if you really love it.
  • Options
    Okay - I needed this.  LOL - I do wear a lot of jewelry usually, and I want to wear fun stuff at our wedding - but I don't want to overdo it, either.

I appreciate it girls :)
    panther
  • Options
    I still vote that you get it for something else!  But I encourage shopping at all costs.
  • Options
    Haha thanks :)

Should I try looking for a different pearl bracelet in that dusty pink color?  Or just say eff the whole bracelet idea?
    panther
  • Options
    Eff the bracelet.  I think the necklace is so beautiful and looks perfect with the earrings, so you don't need anything else in terms of jewelry (except your rings).  I love the feather hairpiece! 

I think that bracelet is beautiful, too, but on its own.  Otherwise there will be so many elements.  If you want to tie in the color, maybe shoes or dyed crinny?
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Okay yeah.  Eff the bracelet.  Dani - step away from the jewels...

I am doing wine colored shoes :) I'm SO excited for them too.  They're hot. 

I don't have photos of them though... lame.

ETA - When I found those earrings I loved them - and when I found that hairpiece I FREAKED because they look like they go so well together.  Different sellers and everything.  So yeah... I'm just a tish excited.
    panther
  • Options
     Perfect.

I love your colors.  I think they are so beautiful for a Fall wedding! 
  • Options
    I agree on the eff the bracelet. Still get it though for rehearsal dinner or sooomething.
  • Options
    I might have to get the bracelet though just for the hell of it.  It's adorable.

Thanks for the colors compliment NP :) When I started out with them I thought I was being all rebel-like because they aren't "traditional" fall colors - but my florist and our reception decorator both said the same things, "Great fall colors!"  Alright then :)

I thought I was being so trendy by picking grey, too - but now I'm seeing it everywhere.

Any jewelry suggestions for the charcoal grey bridesmaid dresses?

panther
  • Options
    Ha, I'm definitely not doing traditional fall colors. Instead of like a hot pink I'm thinking of using a rich, jeweltone berry/fuschia in homage to the season, but that's it.  I love fall, but no brown or orange here, thank you!

My friend brought me back really beautiful gray/silver pearls from the Philipines.  The bracelet is so beautiful and goes with every color ever, so I wear it all the time.  You can probably find soemthing similar.  Otherwise, mix it up with that dusty pink color.  That would really pop against the gray.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Those are fun colors too!  So pretty and feminine.  I love fall too but yeah, other people can do brown and orange.  Not I.

I like the idea of grey or pink pearls... hmm.  I've just been looking for something other than rhinestones or sterling silver.
    panther
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, I think the pearls will tie into your jewelry, but not be matchy-matchy.  I like when things are similar enough to tie in, but not be exactly the same (although weirdly I like BMs in all matching dresses).

Let me know what you pick!  It's time for me pre-flight cat nap, so I can rush to the airport and just knock out on the plane :).

ETA: Thank you, as well :).  At least our BMs won't look back in 10 years and hate us!
  • Options
    Thanks again for your suggestions I'll keep you in the loop.

Remember - drunk flying is happy flying ;) Have fun on your trip!
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_etsycom-like-crack-late-night-shopping-opinions-please-kaythanks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dcb5ebae-754f-41dc-b8f1-8181ce2c412aPost:dc8c442a-6592-4060-b9ad-a09fe8c7eb79">Re: Etsy.com is like crack... late night shopping. Opinions please, kaythanks.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks again for your suggestions I'll keep you in the loop. Remember - drunk flying is happy flying ;) Have fun on your trip!
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]
    Thanks!

Ha, I'll keep it in mind.  Thankfully, I'm much less stressed right now than I was earlier, so I think we're good to go.
  • Options
    I don't think it goes either. I'd also be concerned about overkill with the jewellery, but that's just me.
  • Options
    Etsy IS crack.  I've got so much off there also for the wedding.  I'm doing bracelet, earrings and necklace but it's all simple ivory pearled jewelry with 1 or 2 sparkle beads and it all matches.  But with your necklace and whatnot, yeah, I don't think it all goes...but I vote you still get that bracelet because it's freaking gorgeous.
  • Options
    Thats my hairpiece!! No, not really.. but it is the first one I picked out. I'm poor though and decided to make my own :( I love that one though. And the earrings do look really good with it!
    Yea, don't do the bracelet.
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback :)
    panther
  • Options
    can i butt in and ask about that awesome necklace? my mom wants something like that for her dress and it's beautiful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Certainly!

The seller who made that necklace makes GORGEOUS jewelry.  Here's the link to her shop:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/PenelliBelle
    panther
  • Options
    thanks!! and fwiw i'd still buy the bracelet to wear with other things... lol
    you did a great job picking accessories!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Why thank you msange :) Hope you find something nice for your mom!
    panther
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards