Snarky Brides
Options

Good Evening!

What's up?  What's going on? What's the buzz?

I'm staring and my new art supplies in awe.  They're so pretty and I cannot wait to start trying them out.  I spent way too much at Michael's today but it's so worth it.  i contemplated buying an obscenely large canvas with my 50% off coupon but refrained since I'm not sure what I would do with it.  it's like 6ftx3ft and fabulous.  *sigh* i suppose i should have inspiration before I spend the cash.

My H is running out to grab some diet breaking-bad for me food.  Stupid gluten.  Oh well.  potato oles and cheese dip are worth it.

What's going on with you?  Any news to report?  Ask me whatever?

Re: Good Evening!

• Options
    Hi Anna. Are you an artist? I don't know if we'rve interacted much but I see your posts in the WFD threads and am insanely jealous of your cooking skills.
  • Options
    Hello!!
    What's your medium, Anna?
    Also, Potato Oles?
    I ate a huge fatty salad for my "snack" after work and no I'm hungry again and I only have 250 calories left to play with. Ooops.

• Options
    SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    I wish I had some kind of artistic talent, but I don't. H and I DIYed some stuff for the wedding, and it was fun painting out card box, but that's as far as I get on art. I love looking at it though.

I'm on vacation!!! (And yes, that required extra punctuation.)

I have a bunch of errands to run tomorrow, and then it's off to Florida! I'm so excited for Harry Potter World and petting a dolphin.

Now I'm just freaking out that I overdosed myself on medication.
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I always spend too much at Michaels. And I always want to buy canvas. I don't paint, but Michaels does this weird mind thing to me. Like, whenever I'm there I *could* be an artist. Like, if I just buy this canvas, I'll suddenly be able to paint. And within the craft store walls, I am utterly convinced this is true.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dcdeffe4-5c46-47b8-9fe5-37ad647a59bfPost:415cda83-9748-49a2-bfe2-280560f66509">Re: Good Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Anna. Are you an artist? I don't know if we'rve interacted much but I see your posts in the WFD threads and am insanely jealous of your cooking skills.
    Posted by ErinG93[/QUOTE]

My cooking skills were developed out of necessity due to having a mother who did not cook at all.  It was cook or eat the same crap every night  ;)

Not an artist really, but I try.  I'm taking some advanced art classes to try to develop enough skill to make up for my lack of natural talent.  And it's fun.
  • Options
    LeahMB+LeahMB+ member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Hi ladies! 

I haven't posted since the other night, and so much has changed since I last posted regularly, haha. 

Today kind of stunk. Had a crazy night with almost no sleep and then a long day at work. I'm happy to be home. 

ETA: Oh, it's CCF by the way. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my to-read-2012 shelf:
    Leah's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read-2012 shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dcdeffe4-5c46-47b8-9fe5-37ad647a59bfPost:cb194591-84cc-491b-a7a4-8cad6b1a2259">Re: Good Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello!! What's your medium, Anna? Also, Potato Oles? I ate a huge fatty salad for my "snack" after work and no I'm hungry again and I only have 250 calories left to play with. Ooops.
    Posted by sb9411[/QUOTE]

Currently I'm rocking 140lb cold-pressed watercolour paper with a mixed media goal.  i'm digging acrylic transfers as of late but I prefer charcoal, ink and bamboo brush, or a combo.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dcdeffe4-5c46-47b8-9fe5-37ad647a59bfPost:2e0b4061-7e03-4d0a-a7b6-2a4894160f1a">Re: Good Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Evening! : Currently I'm rocking 140lb cold-pressed watercolour paper with a mixed media goal.  i'm digging acrylic transfers as of late but I prefer charcoal, ink and bamboo brush, or a combo.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

Sounds very cool. Mixed media pieces are always my favorite. The more of a combo better in my eyes. My favorite artist is a master, let me attach a link if I can hunt one down.

Also, HI CCF!

ETA: Link <a href="St. Victor" rel="nofollow">http://www.stvictordiaries.com/new-releases/</a>
  • Options
    I had a great day today. 

I picked up my bouquet that I got preserved and it looks great. 

I also had to get some medical records and bring them to the fertility clinic.  I got my Vitamin D re-tested today to see if the supplements I have been taking have raised my level into some kind of a normal range.

I planted some more seeds into starter pots.

And I got a pedicure!
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    Hey SB! How are you? 
    my to-read-2012 shelf:
    Leah's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read-2012 shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dcdeffe4-5c46-47b8-9fe5-37ad647a59bfPost:acc61c50-9a87-4ce7-ae74-911c62a667c3">Re: Good Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I always spend too much at Michaels. And I always want to buy canvas. I don't paint, but Michaels does this weird mind thing to me. Like, whenever I'm there I *could* be an artist. Like, if I just buy this canvas, I'll suddenly be able to paint. And within the craft store walls, I am utterly convinced this is true.
    Posted by Hylian[/QUOTE]

That's what it does to me!

I totally don't really paint.  Watercolour, but I stick more to the drawing side of things.  But yeah, those things pull me in.
  • Options
    Doing well :-) Thanks for asking!

Blue- Pictures of bouquet? I'd love to see that!
    Also, did your Vitamin D levels rise?
  • Options
    I bought spray paint to re-do my jewelry box. I got as far as doing one drawer and the hardware and then shoved it in a box. 

Michael's and Pinterest have me convinced I could one day become super crafty and artistic. 
    my to-read-2012 shelf:
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dcdeffe4-5c46-47b8-9fe5-37ad647a59bfPost:5c695f2e-a94f-49c9-b171-f337658c8583">Re: Good Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE] And I got a pedicure!
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

Jealous right here.  I almost got a manicure today but instead opted to just buy a pale pink Opi polish and hit the tanning booth instead.  I'm much more cheery after a natural vitamin dose.
  • Options
    CCF, why did you change your SN?

I'm tired.  And I'm badly procrastinating doing some work.  And I'm majorly irritated at the stupid Brookerich last night thread. 

But I found an awesome conference to go to in May, and I'm super excited about it.  And I had half a good day today.  And it was the ending half, so that was good.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Anna.oscar- yay for new supplies! I always loved buying new supplies for school, but I hated using them. I don't like when stuff doesn't look new anymore. as a kid, I wouldn't even take stickers off the sheet. I was a weird kid. H is watching the F1 stuff he recorded, and I'm bored waiting to take laundry out of the dryer.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dcdeffe4-5c46-47b8-9fe5-37ad647a59bfPost:f9035830-5956-4086-b606-2f091f408343">Re: Good Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I bought spray paint to re-do my jewelry box. I got as far as doing one drawer and the hardware and then shoved it in a box.  Michael's and Pinterest have me convinced I could one day become super crafty and artistic. 
    Posted by LeahMB+[/QUOTE]

Me too.  I have tons of projects pinned that I hope to magically one day be able to do
  • Options
    I'm SO not crafty that even Pinterest can't convince me I could be. Now, a chef... it's convinced me I could be a chef HAHA!
  • Options
    I would love a pedicure right now but it snowed again today so I think I'll wait. I'd like someone to actually see my beautiful toes.
  • Options
    I've never gotten a pedicure. And I think I would giggle insanely the entire time.
  • Options
    SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dcdeffe4-5c46-47b8-9fe5-37ad647a59bfPost:5c695f2e-a94f-49c9-b171-f337658c8583">Re: Good Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had a great day today.  I picked up my bouquet that I got preserved and it looks great.  I also had to get some medical records and bring them to the fertility clinic.  I got my Vitamin D re-tested today to see if the supplements I have been taking have raised my level into some kind of a normal range. I planted some more seeds into starter pots. And I got a pedicure!
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

<div>You did have a great day! That sounds awesome!</div>
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dcdeffe4-5c46-47b8-9fe5-37ad647a59bfPost:7926b44f-4583-4167-8096-b32698abfce4">Re: Good Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]CCF, why did you change your SN? I'm tired.  And I'm badly procrastinating doing some work.  <strong>And I'm majorly irritated at the stupid Brookerich last night thread.  </strong>But I found an awesome conference to go to in May, and I'm super excited about it.  And I had half a good day today.  And it was the ending half, so that was good.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

That was some story. I wondered how she had diapers (unless she has a kid and I missed that).

Oooo is the conference out of town? I love an out of town conference.
  • Options
    J, my old one was associated with my Ex. So I changed it. I'd been thinking about it for a while. 
    my to-read-2012 shelf:
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    The Osheaga lineup is being announced in 45 minutes, and i REALLY hope its awesome and that I can talk Adam into going. Year of the concert and all. I was going to plant my green onions tonight but I got pissed off at our sprayer so I didnt. We need a new one but Adam wont let me use credit to buy one so I have to wait till friday. The one we have is broken and sprays water EVERYWHERE so you get soaked just using it but I have to water my grass. Other than that im replying to emails and pinning. Oh, and watching that 70s show.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dcdeffe4-5c46-47b8-9fe5-37ad647a59bfPost:72ea2d5e-a673-4bc0-9723-1b4a8db1c127">Re: Good Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Evening! : That was some story. I wondered how she had diapers (unless she has a kid and I missed that). Oooo is the conference out of town? I love an out of town conference.
    Posted by sb9411[/QUOTE]

It was just the amount of misinformation in the thread that made me really angry.

It's up in the cities, and only one day, so not really, but it's on a topic that's going to be really, really helpful for me!  And my awesome coworker is going too.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dcdeffe4-5c46-47b8-9fe5-37ad647a59bfPost:7926b44f-4583-4167-8096-b32698abfce4">Re: Good Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]CCF, why did you change your SN? I'm tired.  And I'm badly procrastinating doing some work.  <strong>And I'm majorly irritated at the stupid Brookerich last night thread. </strong> But I found an awesome conference to go to in May, and I'm super excited about it.  And I had half a good day today.  And it was the ending half, so that was good.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Me too. She didn't have a fucking clue how 'the system' works, besides that she just took the kid to her house and I'm just going to stop before I go insane.

</div>
  • Options
    Nebb, I'm recently obsessed with green onions. I literally ate them out of soy sauce at a chinese restaurant the other night. I knew I liked them, but I'm really feeling them right now.
    Maybe a stupid questions, are chives and green onions the same thing?
    AND- we're getting a REALLY good concert here and my go to concert buddy can't make it. Boo.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    Isnt Brookerich generally dumb and sorta out there?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dcdeffe4-5c46-47b8-9fe5-37ad647a59bfPost:454dd46e-89fd-4315-98db-4840669eef72">Re: Good Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Evening! : It was just the amount of misinformation in the thread that made me really angry. <strong>It's up in the cities, and only one day, so not really, but it's on a topic that's going to be really, really helpful for me!  And my awesome coworker is going too.</strong>
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

That makes it fun. I love a day away from the "office." If you don't mind me asking, what's the topic?
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dcdeffe4-5c46-47b8-9fe5-37ad647a59bfPost:30c429e8-d200-4d0b-9e13-ff9faac81dfb">Re: Good Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nebb, I'm recently obsessed with green onions. I literally ate them out of soy sauce at a chinese restaurant the other night. I knew I liked them, but I'm really feeling them right now. Maybe a stupid questions, are chives and green onions the same thing? AND- we're getting a REALLY good concert here and my go to concert buddy can't make it. Boo.
    Posted by sb9411[/QUOTE]
    Kinda a little. Green onions are basically young onions that you pick before they start bulbing. Chives you dont pull out of the ground, you just eat the tops (which is like the green part of a green onion). Thats the difference.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards