Snarky Brides

Oy! Anyone around?

13»

Re: Oy! Anyone around?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_oy-anyone-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e055d316-08b9-4693-b3a9-ae1680c1a250Post:a62a3f71-9555-4286-82f3-c2bdd168fdcf">Re: Oy! Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Those are nice. Dd you get your shies yet?
    Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]

<div>Unless I fall in love with something else I am going with these in Navy:</div><div><a href="http://www.dsw.com/shoe/kelly+.and.+katie+dahlia+pump?prodId=212669&productRef=SEARCH" rel="nofollow">http://www.dsw.com/shoe/kelly+.and.+katie+dahlia+pump?prodId=212669&productRef=SEARCH</a> </div><div>
    </div><div>I have a terrible time finding shoes that fit and I am satisfied with those.</div><div>
    </div><div>I think that is why I like jewelry so much. Neither shoes nor clothes usually fit me well. </div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Hello everyone.

Just catching up- I totally hear you, Celctic. I think that's why I love jewelery so much, too- it always fits :)

I just woke up from an almost two-hour nap; it was wonderful.  We got up early for PRAXIS. The I sat outside with H for awhile when we got home, and I think it zapped every ounce of energy from my body. (It's 94* or somethig here. ick.)
  • For some reason I am failing at updating my sig but I did find this for Dot:

• I'm so jealous of your nap.  I'm dead tired and simply cannot nap unless I'm terribly ill.  My body just doesn't like to sleep during the day.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_oy-anyone-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e055d316-08b9-4693-b3a9-ae1680c1a250Post:a9f48851-8a43-4b1c-9640-60819a254694">Re: Oy! Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm so jealous of your nap.  I'm dead tired and simply cannot nap unless I'm terribly ill.  My body just doesn't like to sleep during the day.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

<div>That's how I usually am, but I've been sleeping like total crapola lately.  I think my body finally just surrendered, because I was completely exhausted. (I also wonder if the amox. and sinus infection have anything to do with it?)</div>
  • Anybody still around?  It's currently 90* with 8% humidity.  I do not have A/C.  Good thing my bedroom is in the basement, where it is always 10* cooler than upstairs.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • hi everyone!

I haven't looked at any of this post. I got drunk with my neighbor at the pool and I had to get Jimmy Johns delivery for dinner because I have 0 food here and I officially can't drive lol. I'll read everyone else's stuff and be back in a bit.

I'm watching Finding Nemo.
    June 16, 2012
  • At least it's dry, Les!  Will it cool off tonight?  The worst is when it's hot and sticky and stays that way overnight. We're only like 30% humidity here, too; I'm surprised.

Memorial weekend (when our a/c died) it was 96* and 99% humidity... at 8pm. That sucked. 

Good thing your room is downstairs too.  We have the guest room all set up in the basement and we've slept there a few times this spring already when it's gotten too warm. (We have a split-level and our bedroom is upstairs, in the warmest part of the house. no beuno.)
  • I <3 Jimmy Johns, especially their Unwich
  • Oh, yes.  That's one of the nice things about living here - it will be in the low 50s overnight.  I open the windows, turn on the fans, and fill the house with cool air early in the morning.
  • Steph...the Praxis is silly. I assumed it was the Ohio version of the MI teacher cert. tests and it's not. I found out like 10 hours before the test that the PLS (or something like that) is not like basic skills in Michigan (a general reading, math and comprehension test) but it's a teaching test. It was easy. Did you take it or your H?

June 16, 2012
  • That's helpful!  Do most houses there not have a/c? (I have no idea what 'normal' weather is elsewhere. ha)
  • ha. We actual proctor them!  I did ParaPro the first session (the ridiculously easy test for teacher's aides.) One question said "what is the sum of 27 and 9"... with multiple choice answers.  Another was a square (with the 90* angles marked) and asked what shape it was, again with multiple choices. 

The second session, I had like 14 different tests- all PRAXIS, but different subjects.
  • I ordered the Hunter's Club. I think that's what I got the last time and I liked it? Usually I'm a Vito girl but I'm trying to branch out.

The asshole bartender at the pool made this "special" today that I was getting for free all day. Jujubees and vodka. Literally the most disgusting thing I've ever tasted. Ugh I'm gonna feel bad tomorrow.
    June 16, 2012
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_oy-anyone-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e055d316-08b9-4693-b3a9-ae1680c1a250Post:5a59594c-913b-4fed-8498-0876a5b47f03">Re: Oy! Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]ha. We actual proctor them!  I did ParaPro the first session (the ridiculously easy test for teacher's aides.) One question said "what is the sum of 27 and 9"... with multiple choice answers.  Another was a square (with the 90* angles marked) and asked what shape it was, again with multiple choices.  The second session, I had like 14 different tests- all PRAXIS, but different subjects.
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

Oh that's cool! Yeah I don't mean to be a jerk but most of those tests are pretty easy. However they seem to weed out a decent chunk of people. I just wish they weren't so expensive :-/  
    I just got my OH certification upgraded to my 4 year so hopefully I am done with those for awhile!
    June 16, 2012
  • Older houses don't have A/C, but newer ones do.  With ceiling fans and cool nights there are very few days I wish I had it.  Denver is typically much warmer than here.
  • They actually ask what is the sum of 27 and 9?  I could not write that as a legitimate question if I were in charge of such things.
  • The Jimmy Johns guy told me that he was watcing Finding Nemo before he went to work. I feel like a high school kid right now.

Talk to me people.
    June 16, 2012
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_oy-anyone-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e055d316-08b9-4693-b3a9-ae1680c1a250Post:d5864a57-6f06-4e5a-b00a-824d4be0e058">Re: Oy! Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]They actually ask what is the sum of 27 and 9?  I could not write that as a legitimate question if I were in charge of such things.
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]

<div>mmhmm. I think it was to test if you knew what "sum" meant, because the answers were 36, 18, 3, and something else. Oh. There were a few people that didn't finish the test either, in 2.5 hours. (But 4 of the 6 were done after an hour.)</div>
  • I want to watch Disney movies now.  H and I have already started a collection 'for the baby.' ;)
  • I'm thinking of watching Phenomenon tonight.  I love that movie.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_oy-anyone-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e055d316-08b9-4693-b3a9-ae1680c1a250Post:5a6ecd6a-1ba9-45f8-a76b-4c6d366d4c01">Re: Oy! Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want to watch Disney movies now.  H and I have already started a collection 'for the baby.' ;)

That's awesome. Disney movies are the best. FI and I watch "Lilo and Stitch" at least once a month and "Despicable Me" (not Disney but still fantastic) probably once a week.
    June 16, 2012
  • I've actually never seen Despicable Me.  

When we first moved into our house last summer, we didn't get cable right away. So H and I watched all the classic Disney movies we have. Lion King, Aladdin, Little Mermaid, etc.  It was awesome.
  • Oh, and jujubes and vodka sounds absolutely vile, caponi.  Ugh.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_oy-anyone-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e055d316-08b9-4693-b3a9-ae1680c1a250Post:4e559f93-2335-4e70-829b-e2fcc577b936">Re: Oy! Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I've actually never seen Despicable Me.  </strong> When we first moved into our house last summer, we didn't get cable right away. So H and I watched all the classic Disney movies we have. Lion King, Aladdin, Little Mermaid, etc.  It was awesome.

Seriously?! It's literallly my favorite movie. Hilarious. Will make you laugh and cry. You need to see it ASAP.
    June 16, 2012
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_oy-anyone-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e055d316-08b9-4693-b3a9-ae1680c1a250Post:aade6f6a-501f-449e-9f3c-83b6b550f208">Re: Oy! Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, and jujubes and vodka sounds absolutely vile, caponi.  Ugh.
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]

I love jujubees and I love vodka but it was the most disgusting drink I'd ever had. Ugh. I think it was the bartenders attempt at vodka-infused gummy bears but it didn't work the same at all.
    June 16, 2012
  • Les how did the lamb turn out? That is one of my favorite things to eat. I was in heaven when i visited Ireland, lamb is plentiful and cheap. My college roommate and I often ended up watching Finding Nemo and eating sushi at the same time. It was never intentional and we always felt a bit twisted for it.
  • It was delicious, Celtic.  Thanks for asking.  I didn't get the coals quite right at first, so it took a while longer to cook, but I'm happy with it.  We'll have some tasty leftovers for a few days.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards