Snarky Brides
Options

Good morning, Monday

13»

Re: Good morning, Monday

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-monday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e13af250-0ea7-4e76-abd4-55ec5c722287Post:5329f6b1-2112-4feb-835b-4e7c6a305bcc">Re: Good morning, Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning, Monday : confession: I kinda do
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

Well, I have been feeling pretty hot lately because I've been tanning, taking care of my skin/nails, whitening my teeth, etc for the wedding.  I still don't feel like I'm "conventionally pretty", but at least I feel pretty!  It helps that my PT told me that a bunch of guys at the gym have been asking about me. 

Anywho, I get where you're coming from, but try to think of it this way: Most of the "hottest" movie stars and models aren't conventional at all.  Angelina Joli, for example.  She's smokin' hot, but nothing about is conventional.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-monday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e13af250-0ea7-4e76-abd4-55ec5c722287Post:ca4c5877-c108-4f12-98e6-6257e368b09d">Re: Good morning, Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey y'all.  Sounds like some crazy times all around this weekend.  Thoughts and good vibes to everyone. I just learned that one of the supervisors here at the office had her home partially destroyed by the tornados that came through over the weekend.  Scary stuff.  We don't usually get storms that severe.  They weren't home, so luckily their family is safe, but they lost several rooms.  Oh, and happy end of tax season, y'all :)
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

Sesh---all positive vibes are coming you and Whiskey's way :)

AATB--I will keep you and the family, esp younger sister in my T&P;s

Pirate--it was definitely scary this weekend with all of the tornados.  I think they are up to 69 that actually touched down throughout NC.  I have family in Winston-Salem so we were every worried and not to mention, the FI and I were in Nags Head this weekend and it was very very windy but passed through quickly.  There were 4 houses up in Duck that has some really bad roof damage but overall, things were ok for us.  Im sorry to hear about your sup's home but glad to hear they are safe

I didnt want to make a separate thread about this but I have a "check check" moment coming on. 

Cake--check
    Catering--check
    Honeymoon House--check

Very excited that we finalized the cake & catering and also found a beach house for the FI and I to stay in during the week of the wedding.  We could've stayed with either of our families but decided we wanted a place of our own to have some "us" time and escape the madness of it all

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-monday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e13af250-0ea7-4e76-abd4-55ec5c722287Post:2211aab7-1fa2-4336-a367-82a85058514d">Re: Good morning, Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning, Monday :  Cake--check Catering--check Honeymoon House--check Posted by OBX2011[/QUOTE]

Haha...

OOT gift baskets-Check
    Bathroom Baskets-Check
    vendors paid-mostly check

Yayyyy, for productivity!!
  • Options
    Kim/Sweded - A while back, I had to open up to Will about some very deep-seeded personal issues I had about sex because he was kinda grumpy about the fact that it seemed like I wasn't into it. It wasn't easy, but I'm so glad I did, because now he can help me through my issues, instead of just hitting a brick wall. It's great that your FI was able to work past his issues as well. And let him know that you don't want to just receive lip service from him in order to smooth things over. It's down to crunch time, and that shiit won't fly.

I get kind of like that with procrastination too, and it sucks. When we had to push the wedding from Oct. 2010 to May 2011, I forgot to tell one of my BM's and just assumed that one of my other BMs had told her about the switch. Well, it just so happens that her BF is deploying to Kuwait the same weekend as our wedding and now she can't make it. That's what I get for being a dumbass and not picking up the phone to call her like I should have. I felt so terrible about it. I'm still giving her a BM gift when I see her for our Disney World trip in June, though, because I know she would have been there if she could have.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-monday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e13af250-0ea7-4e76-abd4-55ec5c722287Post:eefacf49-6db1-4672-ba75-9312fcbfbb53">Re: Good morning, Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning, Monday : Haha... OOT gift baskets-Check Bathroom Baskets-Check vendors paid-mostly check Yayyyy, for productivity!!
    Posted by Sweded[/QUOTE]

You're in my head again Swed.....and I'm likin it :)

Glad to hear you and the FI talked things out.  I know where you are coming from with all of this.  Mine can be a tough one to crack sometimes too...he doesn't really talk about "his feelings" that much so getting anything out of him can be beyond frustrating sometimes. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-monday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e13af250-0ea7-4e76-abd4-55ec5c722287Post:5329f6b1-2112-4feb-835b-4e7c6a305bcc">Re: Good morning, Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning, Monday : confession: I kinda do
    Backed. People may mean well, but when you hear, "Well, you are pretty I guess, just in a non-conventional way." from a ton of people, it just comes across as a backhanded compliment.
    FYI: That's what I hear from others, not FI.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-monday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e13af250-0ea7-4e76-abd4-55ec5c722287Post:df0e0df7-ee1e-4da9-b4fd-4392fb18dc3e">Re: Good morning, Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kim/Sweded - A while back, I had to open up to Will about some very deep-seeded personal issues I had about sex because he was kinda grumpy about the fact that it seemed like I wasn't into it. It wasn't easy, but I'm so glad I did, because now he can help me through my issues, instead of just hitting a brick wall. It's great that your FI was able to work past his issues as well. And let him know that you don't want to just receive lip service from him in order to smooth things over. It's down to crunch time, and that shiit won't fly. I get kind of like that with procrastination too, and it sucks. When we had to push the wedding from Oct. 2010 to May 2011, I forgot to tell one of my BM's and just assumed that one of my other BMs had told her about the switch. Well, it just so happens that her BF is deploying to Kuwait the same weekend as our wedding and now she can't make it. That's what I get for being a dumbass and not picking up the phone to call her like I should have. I felt so terrible about it. I'm still giving her a BM gift when I see her for our Disney World trip in June, though, because I know she would have been there if she could have.
    Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]

See, I have always been a very open person (too open at times), so it's hard for me to understand the brick wall he has built up, but I'm trying.  I basically told him: "I can't understand if you do't talk to me.  If I don't understand, how am I supposed to be there for you?"  I think we had very different views of what a marriage is based on our upbringing.  He's finally starting to get that a marriage is about supporting one another.  There are going to be times when one spouse needs more support than the other.  That's life and that's what I'm signing up for.  I also reassured him that I would NEVER call his feelings stupid.  It's just really hard for him to have to focus on himself because he doesn't have someone to take care of.  He's always chosen women that he needed to fix.  He was at his best when my anxiety and depression took over and I couldn't even go to the grocery store.  Now that I'm fixing myself, he's a little lost.  We're just trying to get through the next few weeks and then he'll start therapy.  He has a therapist, but he just tells him what he wants to hear, too.  He wants me to go with him to the first few sessions to keep him honest and open.  I also think it helped him a lot when he started sharing his feelings of anxiety that I can relate.  I don't think he realized that our anxiety issues are very similar even though they manifest for different reasons.   Anyway, I'm rambling.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-monday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e13af250-0ea7-4e76-abd4-55ec5c722287Post:b611e256-0304-4b11-8b6c-1b86869d4206">Re: Good morning, Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning, Monday : Backed. People may mean well, but when you hear, "Well, you are pretty I guess, just in a non-conventional way." from a ton of people, it just comes across as a backhanded compliment. FYI: That's what I hear from others, not FI.
    Posted by OutOfTheBlue612[/QUOTE]

Agreed. H obviously sees something I don't.  He's even self-depreciating. If he's running slow getting ready to go somewhere and i'm picking on him for being late he'll say "Not all of us can just wake up beautiful every day.  Some of us need a little time to get that way."  He's so funny.

And everyone can't be attractive.  It's true.  There are ugly people in the world (although often a person's spirit shines through either positive or negative).  And yes, I know attractiveness is subjective.  And no, it doesn't make me feel better to know that i would be considered highly attractive and desirable if I lived in the 16th century.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-monday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e13af250-0ea7-4e76-abd4-55ec5c722287Post:73e57e0d-e195-4194-b9f8-a30ea6f7deb5">Re: Good morning, Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]And no, it doesn't make me feel better to know that i would be considered highly attractive and desirable if I lived in the 16th century.

Haha. I get that <strong>all</strong> the time.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-monday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e13af250-0ea7-4e76-abd4-55ec5c722287Post:cccdf1e4-11dc-4511-8519-abfef8835f12">Re: Good morning, Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning, Monday : Haha. I get that all the time.

That's why I do renaissance festivals.  Besides how fun they are, i'm usually one of the thinnest people there.
  • Options
    I've never been to the Ren Fair. Could be fun. I usually get those comments because I'm so incredibly pale. I kind of glow in the sunlight. I think I'm pretty slender (5'2" and 130) but I have very large hips and breasts so I don't look "skinny." I actually had a male friend tell me last week, "your boobs are so big they kind of make you look fat." Apparently I was supposed to take that as a compliment...?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-monday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e13af250-0ea7-4e76-abd4-55ec5c722287Post:dd103b18-dcad-4725-b02e-8941e8af011e">Re: Good morning, Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've never been to the Ren Fair. Could be fun. I usually get those comments because I'm so incredibly pale. I kind of glow in the sunlight. I think I'm pretty slender (5'2" and 130) but I have very large hips and breasts so I don't look "skinny." I actually had a male friend tell me last week, "your boobs are so big they kind of make you look fat." Apparently I was supposed to take that as a compliment...?

Exactly!  And it's hard to feel "normal" or thin when due to my boobs I always wear at at least an XL.  Lame.
  • Options
    I think I could seriously rock a Ren Fair corset dress. Hmm...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards