Snarky Brides
Options

Love fest, but more awesome.

Re: Love fest, but more awesome.

• Options
    Sere, some days I feel old enough to be your mom. For reals. But I really love seeing your smiling face on here.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Blue - I feel like you have been posting less and I have found that I have missed your posts. Also, I have wanted to send you something in the mail for weeks but have felt awkward asking you for your address cause I wonder if you will think it is weird.

Anna (who usually posts on E and whose initial is escaping me)...I like you.  I would love to sit down for a meal and talk politics

DMills - I am fairly certain we are on opposite ends of the political spectrum but I feel like we would get along.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_love-fest-but-more-awesome?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e597bbc8-4058-41fa-b1cb-5c6941aa80c9Post:e40aee85-c412-477a-99e8-0139f715734d">Re: Love fest, but more awesome.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nates-you inspire me to be a better teacher!
    Posted by SereJane[/QUOTE]
    You ARE an amazing teacher. For real.  You are totally committed and passionate and at the end of the day, that's what kids are going to take with them from year to year. So go you!

I miss JenGin so much. KD and I cannot have a love triangle without her.

I miss YIO, too, because I'm never on with her. I had so much fun with her at our GTG, even though I felt like I was going to die on the last roller coaster we rode and she laughed at me because it was so tame.
  • Options
    Oh, and for the ladies who 'loved' me...thank youEmbarassed.  It is amazing how nice it is to hear good things. I had a really rewarding day at work and between that and this thread I will go to bed with warm fuzzies.
  • Options
    Nebb - I have that issue in RL too lol. I'm socially awkward and always think people don't like me/notice me. You were also one of the first Canadians I came across and decided we had an instant bond from my creepy lurkerdome.

Nates: You're welcome. I also really like the fact that you're reading books to find ones that might interest your students. I always liked teachers who did things like that because it showed they cared and didn't view students as just part of their job. If that makes sense.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_love-fest-but-more-awesome?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e597bbc8-4058-41fa-b1cb-5c6941aa80c9Post:d2f20ffb-b25c-44e6-a371-e55d4adf1654">Re: Love fest, but more awesome.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Off topic, but since you're here at the same time as me, Sere -  is it you who has a big thing for YA dystopian books? 
    Posted by rhonwynv[/QUOTE]

Why yes I do!
  • Options
    Sere - what grade do you teach/want to teach? I just read "The Other Side of the Island" - we are going to be using it for lit circles...it grade 6 level. So good! (post apocalypic dystopian fiction).
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_love-fest-but-more-awesome?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e597bbc8-4058-41fa-b1cb-5c6941aa80c9Post:47516efc-ace7-423f-a209-381e1e7da065">Re: Love fest, but more awesome.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sere, some days I feel old enough to be your mom. For reals. <strong>But I really love seeing your smiling face on here.</strong>
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

Aw thanks. I love seeing your sleepy lil son's on here too!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_love-fest-but-more-awesome?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e597bbc8-4058-41fa-b1cb-5c6941aa80c9Post:012790d4-2041-4289-9027-7f67997dfd24">Re: Love fest, but more awesome.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sere - what grade do you teach/want to teach? I just read "The Other Side of the Island" - we are going to be using it for lit circles...it grade 6 level. So good! (post apocalypic dystopian fiction).
    Posted by number55[/QUOTE]

I am student teaching 8th grade US History classes. I'd love to teach a language arts/literacy block (fingers crossed) but we'll see. I should check that out and stash away ideas for the future.
  • Options
    Well, I can't lie, Avs, I am enjoying it myself :P  The kids seemed excited about the idea of a "book club" bulletin board, where I'll post suggestions and they can add reviews and such. They said they never know what to read next. I think I'll introduce them to that site Any linked, too.
  • Options
    Oh, and I like Edie. I think she's sweet and I actually like that she asks questions about the details. It shows that she is genuinely listening (reading, whatever) and interested in conversing and getting to know you. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_love-fest-but-more-awesome?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e597bbc8-4058-41fa-b1cb-5c6941aa80c9Post:34f136f3-37be-452f-9f24-a74cff586572">Re: Love fest, but more awesome.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Love fest, but more awesome. : I am student teaching 8th grade US History classes. I'd love to teach a language arts/literacy block (fingers crossed) but we'll see. I should check that out and stash away ideas for the future.
    Posted by SereJane[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh man, I would love to just teach US history. That obviously wouldn't happen here! But my concentration in university was American Foreign Policy in the 20th century so I love that stuff (Canadian history on the other hand puts me to sleep - I just started teaching it yesterday to my kids - I like teaching it but it isn't as exciting as American and European stuff!)</div>
  • Options
    Dot Dash- You we kind to ask about donationing to my family even though you don't really "know" me. I really like you and think you are super sweet.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_love-fest-but-more-awesome?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e597bbc8-4058-41fa-b1cb-5c6941aa80c9Post:5f493bdd-2ab6-411c-9f2f-2764d7743755">Re: Love fest, but more awesome.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, and I like Edie. I think she's sweet and I actually like that she asks questions about the details. It shows that she is genuinely listening (reading, whatever) and interested in conversing and getting to know you. 
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]
    True. Edie does remember what's going on with each person and makes it a point to questiosn them/check up.

Actually, I'd like to be more like that.
  • Options
    Oh I like Edie too. I find her really sweet and like she genuinely cares about everyone. She's also one of the few people (that I know of) that like hockey.
  • Options
    nebb, I like you. You crack me up a lot, and usually it's always when I've read something after the fact and think to myself "that shiit was really funny and everyone just breezed right passed it." 

number, you seem like such a strong person to me, and very caring. I admire you, like a lot. 

rosie, wtf, why don't you come around more? I like when you come over to play.

chels, I kind of feel like you're my internet little sister. I think you're so sweet and I usually get what you are trying to say even though what you say doesn't come out the way you mean for it to.

dj, I <3 you and I think it's so cute how much you seem to enjoy being a new kittie momma. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_love-fest-but-more-awesome?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e597bbc8-4058-41fa-b1cb-5c6941aa80c9Post:ecff71f6-cb0e-40ea-9142-61a2d4bda904">Re: Love fest, but more awesome.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Love fest, but more awesome. : Have you read the Obernewtyn Chronicles by Isobel Carmody?  You might enjoy them, I think they're excellent.
    Posted by rhonwynv[/QUOTE]

I haven't, but I would love to add them to my 'to-read' list. My H likes dystopian books too so we like to read them together.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_love-fest-but-more-awesome?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e597bbc8-4058-41fa-b1cb-5c6941aa80c9Post:b9105001-3098-42b8-8312-906574327358">Re: Love fest, but more awesome.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, I can't lie, Avs, I am enjoying it myself :P  The kids seemed excited about the idea of a "book club" bulletin board, where I'll post suggestions and they can add reviews and such. They said they never know what to read next.<strong> I think I'll introduce them to that site Any linked, too.</strong>
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]

It's awesome. I've gotten a ton of books to read off its recommendations.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_love-fest-but-more-awesome?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e597bbc8-4058-41fa-b1cb-5c6941aa80c9Post:58ddec76-8ce3-436b-aa47-960604d0c896">Re: Love fest, but more awesome.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh I like Edie too. I find her really sweet and like she genuinely cares about everyone. She's also one of the few people (that I know of) that like hockey.
    Posted by avsfan33[/QUOTE]

<div>If my city had a hockey team, I'd have season tickets. I miss hockey so much. I don't even get to watch it on TV, since cable is expensive and we don't want to pay for channels we don't watch.</div>
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_love-fest-but-more-awesome?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e597bbc8-4058-41fa-b1cb-5c6941aa80c9Post:4e702a7d-159b-49b0-8166-328367f66a15">Re: Love fest, but more awesome.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Love fest, but more awesome. : Oh man, I would love to just teach US history. That obviously wouldn't happen here! But my concentration in university was American Foreign Policy in the 20th century so I love that stuff (Canadian history on the other hand puts me to sleep - I just started teaching it yesterday to my kids - I like teaching it but it isn't as exciting as American and European stuff!)
    Posted by number55[/QUOTE]

Oh I love it. I am such a big nerd about it too. We're working on the Constitution right now and my kids are blowing me away with some of the work they are doing. They seriously rock.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_love-fest-but-more-awesome?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e597bbc8-4058-41fa-b1cb-5c6941aa80c9Post:2e3b804d-e8aa-4b67-a018-593a6252a32c">Re: Love fest, but more awesome.</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>nebb, I like you. You crack me up a lot, and usually it's always when I've read something after the fact and think to myself "that shiit was really funny and everyone just breezed right passed it."</strong>  number, you seem like such a strong person to me, and very caring. I admire you, like a lot.  rosie, wtf, why don't you come around more? I like when you come over to play. chels, I kind of feel like you're my internet little sister. I think you're so sweet and I usually get what you are trying to say even though what you say doesn't come out the way you mean for it to. dj, I <3 you and I think it's so cute how much you seem to enjoy being a new kittie momma. 
    Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]
    Ive noticed a couple times you coming in after the fact and commenting on something ive said and I always feel like you really get it. I super dig you, I think youre cut and dry and smart as hell.
  • Options
    Smash AdamsSmash Adams member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Thanks, y'all.  I'm not feeling so kickass lately but it's nice to hear that :)  And Poli, no,  I don't think you've missed any updates.  There has been no communication in a few weeks.

DMill, I love you.  I think you're hilarious.

I'm a big fan of DJ's too, and I think she handled all that Plus-Sized board insanity with some serious grace.

"Smash's balls are the biggest balls of them all." -AATB

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_love-fest-but-more-awesome?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e597bbc8-4058-41fa-b1cb-5c6941aa80c9Post:413c018e-c4dd-417f-8ee8-fbf0d2ea54b6">Re: Love fest, but more awesome.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Love fest, but more awesome. : If my city had a hockey team, I'd have season tickets. I miss hockey so much. I don't even get to watch it on TV, since cable is expensive and we don't want to pay for channels we don't watch.
    Posted by SEWF[/QUOTE]

I know the feeling. And now that the league is changing next year I can't even go to Minnesota to watch Colorado games. Boo.
  • Options
    Yeah, I agree that Dmill is one of the few people that makes me genuinely laugh. I almost never agree with you on politics/social policy, but you do have some great one liners.
  • Options
    Smash, I think I've LF'd you before, but I think you're hilarious, too. I delete before posting a lot of stuff because I'm afraid people won't "get" my humor and they'll just think I'm an asshole, but I feel like you'd "get" it. That might not be a compliment, but I totally meant for it to be ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Asvan - thank you. You kind of just made my week with that. Numbers- ill give my address. im not worried about skin suits lol. ;)
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_love-fest-but-more-awesome?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e597bbc8-4058-41fa-b1cb-5c6941aa80c9Post:e9c3a162-ddcf-4418-a338-e539206ea5c5">Re: Love fest, but more awesome.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Smash, I think I've LF'd you before, but I think you're hilarious, too. I delete before posting a lot of stuff because I'm afraid people won't "get" my humor and they'll just think I'm an asshole, but I feel like you'd "get" it. That might not be a compliment, but I totally meant for it to be ;)
    Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]
    I would totally get it.  And it's totally a compliment :)

"Smash's balls are the biggest balls of them all." -AATB

• Options
    Dangit, I missed this last night. I'm tossing mine in late. 

Smash, you are really a cool chick. I don't think I'd have as much grace and kindness about me under your circumstances. 

Arwo, I really love reading your posts. You're super smart, but combined with your dry wit it makes life awesome when you are around. 

KD, you are incredibly kind and funny, and I love you!

Dmiller is that person who I always love seeing around. 
  • Options
    I'm going to add too since I usually miss this stuff.

Nates: I miss posting when you do. I wish I could be on more and I had a ton of fun at the GTG. You make me sound like a meanie in that post. Sorry if I laughed at you. : (

Bec: I like seeing what you have to say. I find I agree with you a lot.

Nuggs: I love reading what you have to say too. You can always make me laugh.

Blue: Being strong through what you are going through inspires me to have more patience in TTC. I want to get KU NOW, but I know that's not likely. I am a very impatient person.

Nebb: I don't think you really care for me very much but I like reading what you say. You can usually say what I am thinking when it comes to calling people on theri stupidity.

20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_love-fest-but-more-awesome?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e597bbc8-4058-41fa-b1cb-5c6941aa80c9Post:1ba8ccfd-4ed8-4408-a7f6-30c5c2d746c2">Love fest, but more awesome.</a>:
    [QUOTE]We COULD love fest the same people we always do.  OR we could love fest people we don't normally love fest that might not already know we like them.  Let's do that.<strong> lbarr:  I remember you irritating me or rubbing me the wrong way when you started posting, but I don't remember what it was.  Now I really like you, however.  And I totally hold TK grudges, so you must be pretty awesome.</strong> I really quite enjoy Reils.  And her sig pic. jcbjrs is awesome, even if her SN makes it hard for me to say her name in my head.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm a little late for the party but thanks :)  </div><div>
    </div><div>Initially you, Steph, and Blue intimidated the crap out of me.  After being around for a bit I must say you all have interesting personalities and I love reading reading what you all post.  I like seeing how you all stand your ground when you point things out or have a specific opinion.  People who flip-flop based on what others are saying drive me batty.</div><div>
    </div><div>I also love AATB.  Her posts crack me up.  </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards