Snarky Brides
Options

Good Morning!

Good morning everyone! I have my last dress fitting today and a going away party tonight for some friends being stationed elsewhere. I hope today goes by quickly.
imageVacation

Re: Good Morning!

• Options
    Good morning!  Brandi, you should post pics from your fitting!  I loved going to my dress fittings, putting on that 40 lb dress and waltzing around like I was the ish.  Yep, I could totally go for that again ha ha.

Not much happening here today.  I'm having lunch with a former coworker which I have been looking forward to all week.  I'm interested to hear what has gone on since I left.

Also, I'd like to echo Nebb's sentiment about the board at the end of the Lovefest thread last night.  She pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Have a great day, ladies!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    You know, I sometimes wonder what the lives of people without a community like this are like? Like what do they do when theyre bored or want to ask silly questions, what do they do? Its such a part of my life (even so far as chatting with friends on fb) that I dont know what people who arent really into the internet DO. I know its weird but all of you ladies are also the only people I know who READ (other than my family), no one I know in real life actually reads books and I find it so weird that we seem to all have such similiar ties in interest that offline people dont "appear" to have? This is getting way too deep for a friday morning.

I dont have to make lunch cause were having a luncheon at work so im screwing around before I leave. I chose to sleep in rather than get up and go into work early and it felt AMAZING!
  • Options
    SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Morning! I just got back from Boxing class. I feel amazing.

Brandi- totally take pictures at your fitting and then post them here as soon as you get home. No excuses! ;)

Nebb, i wonder that too. I can't remember what I did besides read and watch TV before TK. I thought maybe I was more productive at work, but I wasn't I just had a different distraction. ANd I'd hug you too, but I'm stinky so I don't think you'd appreciate that as much. I totally get what you were saying at the end of that thread. I have IRL friends that are amazing, but I don't see them often enough. I know I just have to turn on my computer and at least one of you will be here (or FB). 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Morning. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders because I finished my edit (255 Word doc pages!) and can send it off today. I won't be as rushed to edit the second, and now I can take the summer to work on Book 3 of my current series and hopefully finish before Fall semester starts.

And can I say something super conceited? I had such a good time editing, as stressful as it was. I haven't read my first book since I was 17 (I can't read my work once it's out of my hands, makes me anxious). I'd forgotten how much I love the story and didn't realize how much I've missed it and the characters until now. I am so excited to continue with the series. H kept telling me this week to go to bed and stop reading but I didn't want to. I got really invested even though I already knew what was going to happen.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-236?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e980550a-ad92-4237-9ffb-557d6c9ab7a0Post:1927def8-8881-443e-b6d4-5ee3f66fc02d">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning! I just got back from Boxing class. I feel amazing. Brandi- totally take pictures at your fitting and then post them here as soon as you get home. No excuses! ;) Nebb, i wonder that too. I can't remember what I did besides read and watch TV before TK. I thought maybe I was more productive at work, but I wasn't I just had a different distraction. ANd <strong>I'd hug you too, but I'm stinky so I don't think you'd appreciate that as much.</strong> I totally get what you were saying at the end of that thread. I have IRL friends that are amazing, but I don't see them often enough. I know I just have to turn on my computer and at least one of you will be here (or FB). 
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]
    No one will ever hug me after a work out, though I always try. I would totally accept that hug.
  • Options
    Morning guys! Happy Friday. :-) I'm about to go meet some other people for a long walk around base. It rained last night so it's not as humid as it was yesterday. Tomorrow I'm going to a yard sale. I'm so excited. It has some baby stuff listed on its ad and even though we don't know what we are having, I might pick up something. Nebb- glad you got to sleep in. I hope it means you're going to have a great day. Sarah- I'm jealous. Boxing class sounds like so much fun!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Sesh- that isn't conceited. That's awesome!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Sesh that is awesome! I have always wanted to write some sort of book, but come up with a million reasons why I shouldn't. I may make it my summer project to just see what I come up with. Probably wouldn't pursue publishing, though. I will try to get some pictures for you today! I'm nervous because it seems a but early to get the final fitting done, but I can be aware of my size and eating habits at the same time.
    imageVacation
  • Options
    Nebb, I totally agree.

Sesh, that isn't conceited, it's exciting! 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I forgot that paragraphs done exist in TK mobile.
    imageVacation
  • Options
    I'd been in school prior to and while being here, and for awhile grad school comsumed my time. That and book stuff. But now I can't imagine not being able to chat either here or on FB with the people I've met.

I'm glad H gets it. A lot of people don't but he fully supports me being on the computer talking to the girls.
  • Options
    Also, as I was reading I kept thinking, 'This could never happen in real life. That is so far-fetched. I am ridiculous.' But that's kind of what I love about it, that it's totally out there.

I barely remember my fitting. I was nervous because I'd read online reviews that said the woman was a raging bitch, but she was super nice to us. It went pretty quick. Mostly I remember trying to keep the curtain shut while me and my MOH changed.
  • Options
    It's Friday!!!

That's it.
  • Options
    Morning!

Yay Friday!  I came in to work early today because I want to leave early. 

Tomorrow we're walking in a charity dog walk.  It's called the K9 3K Walk for Homeless Pets, and it's sponsored by the SPCA here.  (some of y'all may remember the "Take a Chance on Me" lip sync video I shared a while back...same people)

There are going to be a ton of people and dogs walking downtown tomorrow.  We're really excited.  I've been trying to think of something that Emma can wear, like a cute bandanna or something, but we don't have anything :(
  • Options
    LetsHikeTodayLetsHikeToday member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Shay- I love your new picture!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Morning, everyone.

Boxing class, Sarah! That sounds awesome. I think once the baby comes, I'm going to look into classes like that. I need to find an exercise that I actually like.

I have a doctor's appt this morning, so I'm loafing around the house until I have to leave in about 20 minutes. I'm enjoying toasted crumpets with butter and jam and totally revelling in a lazy morning. Sure, I'll probably have to work 3 hours later tonight, but I'm not going to let that ruin my morning buzz.

Also? I'm hopping with excitement over H's birthday gift. His b-day isn't til June, but there was a Groupon for a racetrack thing where you can drive supercars. You have your choice between a Porsche something-or-other (can't remember) and a Lamborghini Gallardo. The Gallardo is H's all-tme, hands-down, favourite car. I bought him the driving experience and will take him out to a really nice dinner. He's going to flip. I can't wait to give him his gift, omg. :)
  • Options
    September, that sounds awesome. I once randomly entered my stepdad in a contest for the speedway (I grew up very close to the Daytona Beach speedway) and he won. He got to spend the way pretending to be part of the pit crew and driving around the track. He was in heaven.
  • Options
    What a cool gift, sept!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I know that everyone on the mobile site hates gifs, but this was too good not to share.

I'd also like to echo Nebb's sentiments. I honestly don't know what I'd do without the awesome people on TK.
  • Options
    Thanks, Hike!

Pirate that sounds like a lot of fun!!  Do you have any ribbon?  You could tie a bow on her collar.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    LOL, Mara. I like that one. It's kind of how I'm feeling right now. That'll change once I get to work, but for now...yeah.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-236?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e980550a-ad92-4237-9ffb-557d6c9ab7a0Post:2a09d0f4-a262-4fed-b4c0-d54476fcbdc0">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks, Hike! Pirate that sounds like a lot of fun!!  Do you have any ribbon?  You could tie a bow on her collar.
    Posted by shaydenise[/QUOTE]

That's a good idea.  I may pick some up today, and maybe a giant flower or something. 
  • Options
    Pirate- those things are so much fun. I made the mistake of taking Geno to one the week after we adopted him. He was a crazzzzzzy puppy and was basically bouncing off the walls the whole time. People kept telling me I was going to have my hands full and giving me looks of pity. Haha.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    September, that sounds like an awesome gift.  FI always loves any truck/car related gift.  

Mara, I love that gif.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-236?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e980550a-ad92-4237-9ffb-557d6c9ab7a0Post:cd58f69f-e5a9-46b3-869a-0cc99f100c47">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Pirate- those things are so much fun. I made the mistake of taking Geno to one the week after we adopted him. He was a crazzzzzzy puppy and was basically bouncing off the walls the whole time. People kept telling me I was going to have my hands full and giving me looks of pity. Haha.
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

Haha, this is my fear!  She's only 9 months and LOVES everyone, and thinks they ALL need to come and meet her.  She's going to be such a spazz.
  • Options
    I'm so stoked to give H his gift. I wish it was his birthday today.

Alas, I'm off to the doctor. Have an awesome day, ladies!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-236?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e980550a-ad92-4237-9ffb-557d6c9ab7a0Post:33b7338a-d430-4425-ad92-a3716190a327">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning! : Haha, this is my fear!  She's only 9 months and LOVES everyone, and thinks they ALL need to come and meet her.  She's going to be such a spazz.
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

Haha yup! Expect those looks. It's so cute though and I just kept telling myself I was lucky to have a friendly dog. Even when he was pulling with all his might. :-)
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Good morning! I have my office to myself so I'll be able to play music loud enough that I can actually hear it. I'm also planning on making a bunch of work related calls and not-so-work-related calls for doctors appointments and such. 

I also have to go to the post office for work so I'm planning on hitting the Whole Foods salad bar for lunch. 

Ugh, I just realized I forgot my Fitbit today. This is only the second time I have forgotten it since I got it 2 months ago but it still really bugs me. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    DB is pretty dang cute.  People just want to pet her and talk to her all of the time.  Then she goes all rabid dog on them and flips her shite.  She's such a diva.  Unless SHE approaches you she gives the cold shoulder.  
  • Options
    Good Morning! 

It was another early morning meeting with a community group.  But I'm buzzing on excessive amounts of caffeine, so for the time being, I'm good. 

I also am happy that my legs don't hurt after my decision to do lunges after my normal workout last night.  I thought for sure that I would barely be able to walk today.  Maybe I had more muscle there than  thought!

Sesh, I think it's great that you're revisiting your story and I would be excited too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards