Snarky Brides
Options

"You Fix the Budget" (U.S. politics)

13»

Re: "You Fix the Budget" (U.S. politics)

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fix-budget-politics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ecb5754d-b30a-4ef3-ac32-f77b23426ebePost:d5708eb8-0a2f-4965-ae29-afa4424798a6">Re: "You Fix the Budget" (U.S. politics)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: "You Fix the Budget" (U.S. politics) : Ha! I hear you on that.  FBIL likes to argue politics with me, but his only source of political knowledge is Bill Maher.  Its beyond annoying.  To add, I think Republicans tend to stay quiet about things unless they do have an educated response.  In my experience (being in a blue dog state), the word Republican is a dirty one, and more often than not, its easier just to stay quiet.  I have been called a racist, homophobe, ignorant, stupid, etc on enough occasions just because I stated that i was a Republican.  I may be pretty conservative, but its mostly because of my fiscal concerns about the country.  I have always been socially liberal on things like abortion, gay marriage, etc. <strong>Some people just cant grasp the concept of a Republican who thinks like that.</strong>
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

I think the reason being is that the loudest so-called republicans now are no longer the type of republican that you are (in the truest sense, that is). It's kinda like how people view Christians as hateful because the most prominent 'leaders' spew such vitriol.
    The major republican playere today are far more concerned with taking an imaginary moral highroad and defaming anyone who strays from thinking about 'true family values' and worry about 'bringing God back to America' etc. The racist, homophobic nutjobs are giving the republicans a bad name. I can't be mad at you for being a real republican. I have some of my own leanings as far as fiscal responsibility, but I just cannot get on board with the ones running things now.  They're mostly phoneys, and until they get back on track such as with your line of thinking, I'm having nothing to do with them.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fix-budget-politics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:ecb5754d-b30a-4ef3-ac32-f77b23426ebePost:8e483912-dbcc-4f52-9b0f-e20524ab6bc9">Re: "You Fix the Budget" (U.S. politics)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: "You Fix the Budget" (U.S. politics) : I think the reason being is that the loudest so-called republicans now are no longer the type of republican that you are (in the truest sense, that is). It's kinda like how people view Christians as hateful because the most prominent 'leaders' spew such vitriol. The major republican playere today are far more concerned with taking an imaginary moral highroad and defaming anyone who strays from thinking about 'true family values' and worry about 'bringing God back to America' etc. The racist, homophobic nutjobs are giving the republicans a bad name. <strong>I can't be mad at you for being a real republican. I have some of my own leanings as far as fiscal responsibility</strong>, but I just cannot get on board with the ones running things now.  They're mostly phoneys, and until they get back on track such as with your line of thinking, I'm having nothing to do with them.
    Posted by rhodesign[/QUOTE]

Agreed on the real republican part, but I must say NO party can claim fiscal responsibility at this point. Say what you want about Obama, (and I say plenty) but claiming that we need a Republican in office to restore fiscal responsibility, not so much... There has been no fiscal responsibility in government for some time. Bill Clinton and Ronald Reagan probably came the closest to that claim, but still serious issues with that in both parties and the government as a whole.

I think it is kind of amusing that we can get ALL riled up about "welfare" (I do it myself) when such a small percentage of our budgets go to that - the SOCIAL cost of ill-applied welfare is far higher than the economic. What we really need to get a handle on fiscal responsibility is to get some good explanations of 800 toilet seats. Or perhaps the gabillions spent in the military/industrial complex without tangible results.
  • Options
    Lenore:  I dont say we need a Republican in office just for fiscal responsibility.  I want one in office because their core values are the same as mine.  That is not a point that can really be argued.  If I believe the same way that they do, then thats who I want in office.

Rhode:  The same could be said about the Democrats.  Another issue that I have (and many others have) with Obama is that he ran as a moderate democrat, yet a large percentage of his policies have been far left ideals.  And when you have a team like Pelosi/Obama, people get nervous that their far left agenda is their main concern. 

I think the smartest thing for a future candidate to be is to be in the middle of their party.  Being too far either way is not going to get them far.  Most of the country is not on the far left or the far right.  They are somewhere in the middle of either party.

I wouldnt be comfortable with any candidate who leaned to far to one side.  I wouldnt think they would be able to even consider anything that wasnt extreme, and i dont like extreme politicians.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards