Snarky Brides
Options

Things you dont want to do.

I need to make a appointment to get a pap. I should have done it a while ago but I just don't like going. I have a bad feeling about this one which might be another reason I keep putting it off.

What are some things you hate having to do?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Things you dont want to do.

• Options
    I WANT A STEAM MOP.  Although, the new house has hardwood floors.  I'm not sure if you can use them on hardwood.

I hate doing dishes.  Well, silverware specifically.  And folding laundry.  I'll wash and dry all day, but it does now good if 4 loads end up on a pile in the middle of the floor.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ditto Anna. Especially when knowing can pretty much allow you to be cured, and not knowing diminishes those chances the longer you wait. Good luck OP!

I don't want to look at my finances and see if holiday travel is possible this year, because I'm fearing the worst. So I probably should look soon so I can maybe do something about it.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_things-dont-want?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f08e6154-edb9-4429-b338-44a7f3fa6c01Post:eaa3b1f3-ec43-4170-8b14-515d03eeb7ce">Things you dont want to do.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I need to make a appointment to get a pap. I should have done it a while ago but I just don't like going. I have a bad feeling about this one which might be another reason I keep putting it off. What are some things you hate having to do?
    Posted by jelique7[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Likewise ^ Mostly because the clinic always tries to get out of doing it, but I don't have a family doctor.</div><div>
    </div><div>I also need to go get my fingers frozen again. I hate it, it's painful, but I really need to do it.</div>
  • Options
    Going to the gym!  I love how I feel after working out and want to be in better shape but getting myself to go to the gym is so difficult for some reason.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_things-dont-want?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f08e6154-edb9-4429-b338-44a7f3fa6c01Post:3ad67863-23ca-4ea5-877b-110480992ac0">Re: Things you dont want to do.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Things you dont want to do. : Likewise ^ Mostly because the clinic always tries to get out of doing it, but I don't have a family doctor. <strong>I also need to go get my fingers frozen again. I hate it, it's painful, but I really need to do it.</strong>
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

Ouch! What is this for? You poor thing!

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    Folding and putting away the laundry. Cleaning the litter box.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_things-dont-want?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f08e6154-edb9-4429-b338-44a7f3fa6c01Post:049beb5e-d367-4687-9505-75a89b1eec48">Re: Things you do<strong>nt want to do.</strong></a><strong>:
    [QUOTE]I WANT A STEAM MOP.  Although, the new house has hardwood floors.  I'm not sure if you can use them on hardwood. </strong>I hate doing dishes.  Well, silverware specifically.  And folding laundry.  I'll wash and dry all day, but it does now good if 4 loads end up on a pile in the middle of the floor.
    Posted by tidetravel[/QUOTE]

We have hardwood too and you can use the Eureka Envirosteamer.  I checked into it.  Super-clean floors make me happy.  Too many nieces and nephews crawling around and I just don't feel like chemicals get it clean enough.
  • Options
    There are steam mops that you can use on wood floors. It also depends on the cleaner you use plus if your wood floors are sealed or not.

I know I need to go. Im always on top of going every 6 months so I need to go. My doctor said that after the first biopsy she probably wont need to do another biopsy so I should just suck it up and do it. I just don't like having speculums shoved up in my lady town. LOL
  • Options
    Tide- there is a harwood floor/steam mop thread a few threads down.  It depends on the age of your floor and if they are sealed or not.

I hate anything involving a dentist, getting my eyes dialated at the opthamologist, when the Dr checks my ovaries from the inside, cleaning the bathroom, scrubbing pots, and changing the smelly water in vases.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    I hate cleaning the bathroom!  That is why I get H to do it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2011 Reading Challenge

Jessica has read 16 books toward her goal of 150 books.
    hide
    "It's fine to have an open mind, just not so open your brains fall out."
  • Options
    Scott and I have a deal that he always does the dishes, I always clean the bathrooms.  I haven't done the dishes in 2 years except when he was out of town, and I whined about it and half assed it.

I hate flossing because I have to thread the floss under my permanent retainer, but I have tried to get back in the habit recently!
  • Options
    It's as hard to quit smoking as it is to start flossing.

"You seem jittery."

"Yeah, I'm about to floss."

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_things-dont-want?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f08e6154-edb9-4429-b338-44a7f3fa6c01Post:1158bbda-870b-4133-8065-65bc6c2a78c4">Re: Things you dont want to do.</a>:
    [QUOTE] I hate flossing because I have to thread the floss under my permanent retainer, but I have tried to get back in the habit recently!
    Posted by kimheartsscott[/QUOTE]

Get a WaterPik.  Best invention ever!  everything gets clean without having to develop finger strain to get the hard to reach places.
  • Options
    I hate flossing (i just got done flossing actually) but I love how my teeth feel after.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_things-dont-want?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f08e6154-edb9-4429-b338-44a7f3fa6c01Post:4493c2e6-4b4e-46fd-af92-788cd73a1785">Re: Things you dont want to do.</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's as hard to quit smoking as it is to start flossing. "You seem jittery." "Yeah, I'm about to floss."
    Posted by beatlesgirl25[/QUOTE]

You just got 87 times cooler.  FTW!
  • Options
    I don't want to finish cleaning the house. Grout is the most annoying thing ever. I'll take a steam mop too.

I don't want to get up to pee or shower. Especially since I'm a little scared right now.

I don't want to know how little money I have right now.
  • Options
    Jelique go to the doctor. If something is wrong then you need to catch it earlier or it could be too late. When my doc caught my cervical cancer, she said if I had waited another year, if even, that it would have gotten out of control to the point to where treatment would not have been that effective. Just go and get it over with.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_things-dont-want?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f08e6154-edb9-4429-b338-44a7f3fa6c01Post:2c24a88f-94ab-413e-9c59-88448f96cc46">Re: Things you dont want to do.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Things you do nt want to do. : We have hardwood too and you can use th<strong>e Eureka Envirosteame</strong>r.  I checked into it.  Super-clean floors make me happy.  Too many nieces and nephews crawling around and I just don't feel like chemicals get it clean enough.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

<div>I have one of these and I love it. I also don't want to do dishes, but I love to cook. Its not so much folding laundry that I don't want to do, but its the hanging up the hanging clothes that I just can't stand. </div><div>
    </div><div>I don't want to stop eating sugar, but I need to because I need to go take these b-pics FI wants. I found a place in town. I hope they have an opening. </div>
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I've never had one, but I am putting off getting a colonoscopy.  My Mom died of colon cancer when she was 52, which puts me a high risk group.  I should have gone four years ago, but I continue to put it off....  Having read through this post I am considering making the appointment...
  • Options
    Do it, arv. Its always better to know!
  • Options
    Do it, arv.  I went to the hospital with my aunt when she had it done, and she said it wasn't that bad.  The prep the night before is the worst part - you're out for the actual procedure. 
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I on the pap train.  My NP that I used to see jumped ship and moved to the a totally different medical service branch.  The last time I went in I had to see a new Dr.  She made me hurt down there for 2 days and then blamed it on my confirmation.  I don't care if my uterus it tilted, it has never had to hurt before!  So now I don't just dread the awkwardness of the appt, but also the pain :-/

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Options
    I know what you mean about the pap.  Even though I know the chances of something being wrong are slim to none, it still freaks me out going and I think she's going to tell me I have some crazy rare problem.

Something I hate to do? Going places by myself.  I know that is weird, but I hate going to meetings at work where I know I'm not going to know anyone.  Or if I have to fly on a plane alone, that is the absolute worst for me.  I'm always afraid I'm going to get lost and get on the wrong plane.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Oh aggie, that sucks! I think you should look again for a new dr. If you've only had one appt with this one, it shouldn't be too much trouble to switch. You should always be comfortable with your doctors and confident in your abilities. 

My lady doctor person is actual a NP and a midwife. She technically works for my ob-gyn, but I've only seen the ob-gyn once in the 5 years Ive been going there. I think when its our turn, I'm going to seriously consider going the midwife route. She's a cool lady, and I never dread seeing her. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_things-dont-want?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f08e6154-edb9-4429-b338-44a7f3fa6c01Post:7a2ad93a-3369-42f2-a03e-b53195c7001f">Re: Things you dont want to do.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I on the pap train.  My NP that I used to see jumped ship and moved to the a totally different medical service branch.  The last time I went in I had to see a new Dr.  She made me hurt down there for 2 days and then blamed it on my confirmation.  I don't care if my uterus it tilted, it has never had to hurt before!  So now I don't just dread the awkwardness of the appt, but also the pain :-/
    Posted by aggiebug[/QUOTE]

This is why I still go to my old doc, even though she is 2 hours away in my hometown. She's the one who did my surgery, she knows my medical history, and I know what to expect. I have a retroverted uterus so apparently things are all backwards and upside down in there. I know lots of women have that, but it makes me nervous going somewhere new. I don't want it to hurt.
  • Options
    Dentist-phobic, to the point of being medicated here.

I pay $77 to have my teeth cleaned with nitrous. I pay an ungodly amount if they have to use IV sedation, but I can't stand to have my teeth touched - they're too sensitive.

Not a fan of the eye doctor, either. I have a difficult time with the numbing drops and then having to hold my eyes open.

I'd go to the gyno once a month to avoid those two.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    I hate having to bite my tongue all the time with my boss. I really wish I could say what I'm thinking which would go a little something like this, "Listen, I realize that your grasp of the English language does not far surpass that of my four year old nephew's so I'm going to speak slowly and try to use small words. I'm almost 30 years old, I'm educated and I'm pretty sure you hired me because you thought I had a brain in my head. Stop micro-managing me and second guessing my decisions. I'm not going to hold your hand and ask for permission to do things, I know how to manage my time and get my job done, so back the fuuck up bitch."

ok I feel better.

Photobucket
  • Options
    Hmm..lets see, I hate to iron and put my laundry away (good thing FI is great at this), I hate sitting in traffic and being stuck behind the same car (i need a change of scenery), I hate Facebook people who think you need to know every single little thing they do throughout the day, and I really hate when i'm on my lunch break reading a book and someone tries to chat it up with me..like Can't you see i'm reading???

Wow, i sound grumpy don't I? LOL
  • Options
    I haven't been to lady doc since my 6 week check-up after DS was born 2 years ago. I didn't think much of it but recently I have been having some issues, thinking it's about time to suck it up.

I haven't been to the dentist in a long time either. I also think it's time to suck it up and go there because I have some serious wisdom teeth issues at the moment.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_things-dont-want?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f08e6154-edb9-4429-b338-44a7f3fa6c01Post:190b87ad-ce12-47fc-ab60-8ce4445a47e4">Re: Things you dont want to do.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll jump on the doctor thing... <strong>I don't want to go in to see the eye doctor. I HATE getting my pupils dilated.</strong>  But I should probably try that first... ... and I don't want to go in for my migraines.  I don't know why though.  Probably because the stuff I used in high school made me all groggy and gross.  Hopefully they've developed new migraine medicine in the last 10 years.
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]
    Ditto.  The last time I went to the eye doctor and had my pupils dilated, all was well.  Went to visit my dad after, about a 5 minute drive and within an hour I could not see.  I have extremely bad vision - for anyone who wears contacts, I'm -10 in the right, -9 in the left - and it was like I didn't have them in.  I had to get my mom to come pick me up since I couldn't see enough to drive.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards