Snarky Brides
Options

AygWhy do you think this board is boring now?

Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-do-you-think-this-board-is-boring-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f7543f87-00d7-45ca-8e86-51eb23b8feedPost:1699ce71-b672-4b88-88aa-0cfc8721e3ee">Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now? : I disagree. I don't think people get flamed for flaming<strong>. Maybe I don't notice it but I don't think what you said is true.  I actually think people would respect new people more if they flamed regs. </strong>
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

Agreed- you will only get flamed for flaming a reg if you prove to be BSC

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Options
    Not long ago, in one of the lurker polls, a lurker said her least favorite poster was ldy for x, y, and z. She didn't get flamed at all.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

A few people said in my poll thread yesterday that I annoyed the piss out of them.  No biggie.  Noone flammed them or gave them crap.  A lot of regs were listed in that poll.

045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-do-you-think-this-board-is-boring-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f7543f87-00d7-45ca-8e86-51eb23b8feedPost:babfb976-652c-4e7b-b8f9-f70bc31286a1">Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think E and SB should combine forces.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

No. Just...no.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-do-you-think-this-board-is-boring-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f7543f87-00d7-45ca-8e86-51eb23b8feedPost:e4231fab-f4d7-42de-a2af-bc48770712ed">Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now? : No. Just...no.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

Yeah.  No thanks.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have a double flame.
    TBH I found it kind of lame the other day when Blue said she'd drop out of a WP if the bride chose a dress she didn't like (specificaly camo IIRC).  I get that you probably doesn't have friends who would pick that, but it's crappy that you'd put looking good above being there for your friend.  I also was really annoyed that you kept making fun of the OP of the thread about the guy smoking pot/grinding at his Bparty.  I get that it's a different relationship dynamic than what you have with your H, but OP felt like her trust ahd been broken.  Who cares why she feels that way.  She wasn't mad that the guy smoked pot.  She was mad that he did something he said he wouldn't.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-do-you-think-this-board-is-boring-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f7543f87-00d7-45ca-8e86-51eb23b8feedPost:aa1c7f83-87ae-4b04-9ecf-fd79ea305758">Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Stef- this has been going on for a good 6 months now.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

yeah, I agree. That's my point.
  • Options

@Dot-okay

Blue-I normally agree most of the time with you, but in that AE/troll thread (let's pretend it was real), I feel like you were belittling someones life choices about how they communicate with their SO.  So what, that they had a talk about expectations.  Just because you don't find pot smoking a big deal, you were acting like it was some weird phenomenon that people that don't believe in doing drugs or wouldn't be hurt by the actions of the SO.  I'm not saying it was counseling worthy, but maybe they felt like it was.

Steph-same as Blue, I normally get down with what you are saying, but lately I think you sometimes argue just to argue. (I'll look back and see if I can find a specific example)

Those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head.

• Options
    All the fuuucking rules are killing me. 
    Dot, you can post news articles as long as they are interesting and will start discussions. Use your psychic powers ahead of time to make sure that at least 68.73% of the posters are going to find your article interesting.

Anyone can flame a reg, but it has to be a legit flame? Well who the fuuuuck gets to be the person to determine if the flame is legit. Choose your flames wisely, you might piss off the person you flame and one of their friends, but if you have enough friends, they'll agree with you so it'll be ok. 

I stand by the fact that I think we just don't have a lot of shiiit to flame these days, but I also stand by the fact that we're way bigger pussies now than we used to be about accepting flames and moving on. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Well Chels I wouldnt wear something I wasnt comfortable in and im not required to be in a wedding to prove my friendship.

And speaking of that weed thread, I thought it was hilarious that you thought that couple should go to therapy but in the other thread about a bach party you were all "OMG RED FLAG!  He shouldnt tell you what to do!!!!"
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I think E and SB should thunderdome Hatfields and McCoys style.  Nebb can be Devil Anse and Eagles can be Ol' Randall. 
    panther
  • Options
    Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-do-you-think-this-board-is-boring-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f7543f87-00d7-45ca-8e86-51eb23b8feedPost:2f754038-09cc-4578-aebd-52ab249fd81b">Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now?</a>:
    [QUOTE]@Dot-okay Blue-I normally agree most of the time with you, but in that AE/troll thread (let's pretend it was real), I feel like you were belittling someones life choices about how they communicate with their SO.  So what, that they had a talk about expectations.  Just because you don't find pot smoking a big deal, you were acting like it was some weird phenomenon that people that don't believe in doing drugs or wouldn't be hurt by the actions of the SO.  I'm not saying it was counseling worthy, but maybe they felt like it was. Steph-same as Blue, I normally get down with what you are saying, but lately I think you sometimes argue just to argue. (I'll look back and see if I can find a specific example) Those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head.
    Posted by gurrlballa10[/QUOTE]

I didnt say drugs were ok, I said that having sit downs telling adults how to act wasnt what I believed.  If you disagree, ok.  No biggie.  I think its stupid to tell your H/FI/BF how to act.  I dont think a joint requires therapy.  Just because I think that doesnt mean you or the OP has to.  Its my opinion.  And it sparked a really good debate.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    chelseamb11chelseamb11 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-do-you-think-this-board-is-boring-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f7543f87-00d7-45ca-8e86-51eb23b8feedPost:775454cc-64d8-42a8-80b1-4b0009ee1c3f">Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well Chels I wouldnt wear something I wasnt comfortable in and im not required to be in a wedding to prove my friendship. And speaking of that weed thread, I thought it was hilarious that you thought that couple should go to therapy but in the other thread about a bach party you were all "OMG RED FLAG!  He shouldnt tell you what to do!!!!"

How is that even remotely connected?  OP of the AE thread made it sound like she never TOLD her FI not to do thhat.  He came out and said "I won't do that".  Then he went and did it anyway.  If he was walking out the door and she yelled "have fun! oh by the way no dancing with girls and no smoking!!!!!" and then he went and did it anyway, then I don't feel that bad for her. 
    OP of the other thread was being held to a double standard.  He got all wild at his party but then told her she couldn't even go out with her friends?  That's crap.

One thread was someone ordering the other around.  The other was someone saying they wouldn't do something but did it anyway.  Big difference IMO
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-do-you-think-this-board-is-boring-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f7543f87-00d7-45ca-8e86-51eb23b8feedPost:7024f3b6-909c-4680-8d9a-cad37cd81c0d">Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not long ago, in one of the lurker polls, a lurker said her least favorite poster was ldy for x, y, and z. She didn't get flamed at all.

I agree and disagree with this.  I was over on E and posted this (not sure if this is the same incident you mean).  When I was asked why I gave an answer and since others from the board had said similar things in the past, I was accused of just copying what they said.  I think if a reg would have said it, people would have given him/her the automatic credit for having an opinion that others agree with.
    imageVacation
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-do-you-think-this-board-is-boring-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f7543f87-00d7-45ca-8e86-51eb23b8feedPost:0693147b-f243-439c-9dc1-6a0250d9d771">Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now? : I didnt say drugs were ok, I said that having sit downs telling adults how to act wasnt what I believed.  If you disagree, ok.  No biggie.  I think its stupid to tell your H/FI/BF how to act.  I dont think a joint requires therapy.  Just because I think that doesnt mean you or the OP has to.  Its my opinion.  And it sparked a really good debate.

Which I knew where you were going with it, so I understood, because frankly, I agree with you.  It was just the way you were coming across that was getting to me.  It almost seemed as if, since OP didn't feel the way that you did, it was completely wrong and anyone that said otherwise could suck it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-do-you-think-this-board-is-boring-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f7543f87-00d7-45ca-8e86-51eb23b8feedPost:2f754038-09cc-4578-aebd-52ab249fd81b">Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now?</a>:
    [QUOTE] Steph-same as Blue, I normally get down with what you are saying, but lately I think you sometimes argue just to argue. (I'll look back and see if I can find a specific example) Those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head.

and?
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to Re:AygWhy do you think this board is boring now?:[QUOTE]I think E and SB should thunderdome Hatfields and McCoys style.nbsp; Nebb can be Devil Anse and Eagles can be Ol' Randall.nbsp; Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]
    Does that make me bill paxton????
  • Options

Chels- telling an adult how to behave is the same however you slice it

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-do-you-think-this-board-is-boring-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f7543f87-00d7-45ca-8e86-51eb23b8feedPost:8e4c3620-1911-46d4-81d3-52a82d7b480a">Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now? : How is that even remotely connected?  OP of the AE thread made it sound like she never TOLD her FI not to do thhat.  He came out and said "I won't do that".  Then he went and did it anyway.  If he was walking out the door and she yelled "have fun! oh by the way no dancing with girls and no smoking!!!!!" and then he went and did it anyway, then I don't feel that bad for her.  OP of the other thread was being held to a double standard.  He got all wild at his party but then told her she couldn't even go out with her friends?  That's crap. One thread was someone ordering the other around.  The other was someone saying they wouldn't do something but did it anyway.  Big difference IMO
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

no I am fairly certain the first moron was saying they had a discussion and set ground rules and in the second thread, the guy set ground rules for the girl. A tad different but still couples trying to dictate each other's actions.

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-do-you-think-this-board-is-boring-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f7543f87-00d7-45ca-8e86-51eb23b8feedPost:110e50fa-b97f-4df4-81b3-8bbe2ecb22e3">Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now? : Let me clarify when I say legit I mean actually say something more than youre so mean. Have the facts and be specific is what I meant.
    Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]
    the legit part wasn't directed at just you...it was more of a general thing because a few people have mentioned it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-do-you-think-this-board-is-boring-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f7543f87-00d7-45ca-8e86-51eb23b8feedPost:f785e08f-dcd8-4dd9-a1f0-e817f0573851">Re:AygWhy do you think this board is boring now?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:AygWhy do you think this board is boring now?: Does that make me bill paxton????
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Wait... dammit.  I change my mind.  You can be Ol Randall.
    panther
  • Options
    I think steph has admitted many times she argues just to argue. It sparks conversation and that is what we are all dying for.
  • Options
    Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-do-you-think-this-board-is-boring-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f7543f87-00d7-45ca-8e86-51eb23b8feedPost:23e443d6-f418-4ff3-88c4-25c2ecbc6faf">Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now? : Which I knew where you were going with it, so I understood, because frankly, I agree with you.  It was just the way you were coming across that was getting to me.  It almost seemed as if, since OP didn't feel the way that you did, it was completely wrong and anyone that said otherwise could suck it.

I come across firm in my beliefs.  I listened to the other side, I just didnt agree. I defended it because there was a lot of "Well good for you" coming at me.  But like I said, no biggie.  Flame accepted girlfriend.

ETA: Mostly I get irritated with people because they are so damn uptight. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-do-you-think-this-board-is-boring-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f7543f87-00d7-45ca-8e86-51eb23b8feedPost:7052c541-d5b9-4a2a-b4ff-4518ee5eadbb">Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now? : I agree and disagree with this.  I was over on E and posted this (not sure if this is the same incident you mean).  When I was asked why I gave an answer and since others from the board had said similar things in the past, I was accused of just copying what they said.  I think if a reg would have said it, people would have given him/her the automatic credit for having an opinion that others agree with.
    Posted by brandichamberlain[/QUOTE]
    Brandi- It wasn't you. It was a random person on this board who hasn't been around since.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    [QUOTE]@Dot-okay Blue-I normally agree most of the time with you, but in that AE/troll thread (let's pretend it was real), I feel like you were belittling someones life choices about how they communicate with their SO.  So what, that they had a talk about expectations.  Just because you don't find pot smoking a big deal, you were acting like it was some weird phenomenon that people that don't believe in doing drugs or wouldn't be hurt by the actions of the SO.  I'm not saying it was counseling worthy, but maybe they felt like it was. Steph-same as Blue, I normally get down with what you are saying, but lately I think you sometimes argue just to argue. (I'll look back and see if I can find a specific example) Those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head.

If you need to have a sit-down with your soon to be spouse on how to properly conduct oneself at a bachelor party, you probably aren't ready to be married.

And what's wrong with arguing just to argue. Better than complaining about the double standards between newb and reg treatment.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-do-you-think-this-board-is-boring-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f7543f87-00d7-45ca-8e86-51eb23b8feedPost:f3b31cc7-3a47-4ad8-8c29-affeff65124a">Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now?</a>:
    [QUOTE]idk, Blue.  Having a discussion about boundaries is different than outright saying, NO, you can't do that. Period.  Some people don't like strippers, some don't care.  Having a discussion about it seems like a reasonable thing to do.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

I just disagree.  Like Star said.  I dont see the difference between "you cant dance with girls"  and "you cant go out".  Same thing to me.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to Re:AygWhy do you think this board is boring now?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:AygWhy do you think this board is boring now?:In Response to Re:AygWhy do you think this board is boring now?: Does that make me bill paxton????Posted by NebbWait... dammit.nbsp; I change my mind.nbsp; You can be Ol Randall. Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]
    Ya you better.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-do-you-think-this-board-is-boring-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f7543f87-00d7-45ca-8e86-51eb23b8feedPost:f58ac9cd-ca89-4982-bb9e-1f7acc780c6b">Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now? : Brandi- It wasn't you. It was a random person on this board who hasn't been around since.

<div>
    </div><div>I remember this. I wish that chick had kept posting. She had some interesting things to say.</div><div>
    </div><div>And the arguing just to argue? I like it.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-do-you-think-this-board-is-boring-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f7543f87-00d7-45ca-8e86-51eb23b8feedPost:adc3e211-12f5-4121-b718-c09a02a94d66">Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AygWhy do you think this board is boring now? : I just disagree.  Like Star said.  I dont see the difference between "you cant dance with girls"  and "you cant go out".  Same thing to me.

they are the same damn thing. and both would result in me flipping the bird and doing it anways.

my book shelf:
  • Options
    @ Steph, like in the getfucked thread...between you & Dot (and I guess this goes towards her too).  You both knew you would agree to disagree, yet kept it going.

No biggie, but I owed you an example and that was just the latest one.  I do agree though that by doing that, it does spark a debate, which is needed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards