Snarky Brides

Quirks

Re: Quirks

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_quirks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fac08410-6264-4147-a146-c251f5b7cb82Post:88d2c9f6-b6b1-4d0e-af4b-cf1312fd011c">Re: Quirks</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also - I have this irrational fear that I forgot to flush the toilet. I have no idea why because I've never had a habit of leaving anything there. I can walk all the way across the house and sit down, think that I forgot, and walk all the way back to check.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I get grossed out when I go into a bathroom and there are remnants or used TP in the bowl...I get irrationally irritated. Well, maybe it is rational. </div>
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I, too, love to eat out of bowls.  I am always worried that I left the stove on. 

I am pretty much incapable of sitting on my sofa, I always lay down. So on our couch I get two cushions and DH gets 1.

I am a picker, I will pick at pretty much anything.-- cuticles, whatever. Its a really bad habit. Its gotten worse since I quit smoking but I keep trying to stop I end up switching to a different thing.  But not beer labels.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_quirks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:fac08410-6264-4147-a146-c251f5b7cb82Post:40d886d2-e816-478e-91c8-95099f56e3dc">Re: Quirks</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quirks : OMG YES.  The sheet is straight underneath and folded on top.  DUH. We also have a blanket I put on top of our bed because I don't want Lucy hair on the comforter, and he always lets the blanket roll off of him and Lucy gets on the comforter.  I love you, dog, but I don't love your hair on my comforter.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]
    <p>Our dog has like clean sheet radar. The minute theres clean sheets or heaven forbid a clean comforter (which we dont wash as often) he is immediately up on the bed screwing around, running in circles and messing shiit up and wiping his stinky face all over it. Adam totally goads him on too and it makes me so mad. Just one day id like the sheets to stay nice and tidy, just one day.</p><p> </p><p>Adam also doesnt get tucking the top sheet into the bottom of the bed and then folding in the side. He immediately kicks it up and then it starts to skew around. Me and him have major bed/sheet issues.</p>
  • Nebb, I am the same way with the door. But we have to leave it open for the dog to roam around freely. When I wake up for the bathroom or anything I look out the foor and freak out for just a few minutes thinking I'll see something. That movie really messed me up.

Yeah, I can't wait until I see the 3rd one.

AATB - Dude, you can't do that!
  • I am super weird about sleeping (aka super high-maintenance): I cannot sleep without a fan. I can't sleep in without an eye mask. I cannot sleep touching the dog or the H. We have a king sized bed at my insistence.

I NEED my aquaphor chapstick on me all the time and I freak out if I don't have it, even if I don't need it at that particular moment. I have even been known to put it in the top of a bathing suit just to make sure I have it.

Denise- I totally agree on the order of washing. HAS to be the face before any body parts (I don't mind about washing my hair first)

• Lol, Nebb, I am pretty sure Adam and Ben are long lost blanket wrecking brothers.
    panther
  • ...Should I tell the shiit story?  I mean.  It's pretty gross.  But it's fucking hilarious.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_quirks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fac08410-6264-4147-a146-c251f5b7cb82Post:db09111c-abaa-47a5-b88a-3abe077a355e">Re: Quirks</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have to have something on my lips. If they get dry and I don't have lip gloss/chapstick/lipbalm handy, it drives me insane.
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]
    Me too because if they are dry, I pick them.
  • Oh, I love to drink out of plastic, not glass. I don't care about bowls as much, except for my cereal which I prefer out of specific orange bowls we have.  But I hate drinking out of a glass unless it's wine. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_quirks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:fac08410-6264-4147-a146-c251f5b7cb82Post:58e88e00-1271-4ec1-8e84-78dfb16a2eb7">Re: Quirks</a>:
    [QUOTE]...Should I tell the shiit story?  I mean.  It's pretty gross.  But it's fucking hilarious.
    Yes you should. I wanna call you poop sister, cause you know. You like to poop and so do i.
  • Oh, and I rarely ever sleep with anything on. Only when sick. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_quirks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fac08410-6264-4147-a146-c251f5b7cb82Post:58e88e00-1271-4ec1-8e84-78dfb16a2eb7">Re: Quirks</a>:
    [QUOTE]...Should I tell the shiit story?  I mean.  It's pretty gross.  But it's fucking hilarious.

YES!
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited February 2012

I can only eat room temperature fruit. I just hate how it tastes and feels in my mouth if its cold. If it is a fruit you keep in the fridge, I will let it sit for atleast 3-4 hours before I will eat it.

Also? Apples hurt my mouth and I have to spend a good 10 minutes holding it to psyche myself into taking the first bite. I dont know why.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_quirks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:fac08410-6264-4147-a146-c251f5b7cb82Post:d6e69d9d-f4c6-460f-9f6d-109c3d293d51">Re: Quirks</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can only eat room temperature fruit. I just hate how it tastes and feels in my mouth if its cold. If it is a fruit you keep in the fridge, I will let it sit for atleast 3-4 hours before I will eat it.   Also?<strong> Apples hurt my mouth and I have to spend a good 10 minutes holding it to psyche myself into taking the first bite. I dont know why.
    </strong>Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I hate eating apples whole. I much prefer them sliced.
  • I will usually order the same thing at a restaurant I frequent. Because eating that one item is usually why I chose to eat at that place anyway.
  • Apples hurt my mouth too but I only eat fruit cold. Yum!

I'm one of those people that the TP has to be going in the right direction. If it's not I will corret it. No matter where I am.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_quirks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:fac08410-6264-4147-a146-c251f5b7cb82Post:bb7bef9a-1bc0-4611-bae1-f96987216a2f">Re: Quirks</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can't sleep without a stuffed animal...

Me too. I have a teddy named JR, he hangs with me all night.

I cant sleep or leave the house unless I know where my cat is.
  • In resturant I always need to face the croward. I can not have my back to all those people. Maybe I'm paranoid but I just don't like it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_quirks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:fac08410-6264-4147-a146-c251f5b7cb82Post:dca85899-a919-46f6-bf2c-e3827b769c08">Re: Quirks</a>:
    [QUOTE]The post that was eaten said that I hate feet and can never sleep naked. I don't understand how people sleep naked when I have to be fully clothed. I also am always late and lose everything. H is way more organized than I am. 
    Posted by Denise91980[/QUOTE]

I've always had the irrational fear that something will crawl "up there"  if I sleep in the nude, I at least have to wear panties.
  • I always have a small strip from an old t-shirt with me. I twirl it through my fingers all the time. I keep one in my pillowcase, my truck, the jeep, the camaro, the boat, the living room, my desk at home and my desk at work. I also keep two in my purse just incase I somehow get somewhere without one. Michael said I twirl it nonstop in my sleep, too. It started with my baby blanket that my grandma made me. It was a twin size blanket and I twirl it until there was nothing left so now I resort to old t-shirts. One strip lasts me about 3 weeks before it completely disintegrates. 

Everything in my linen closet has to be folded to the same size. If one towel is the wrong size, I'll refold the entire closet.

I hang up almost all of our clothes because I can't fold without getting wrinkles. 

I hate feet, like a lot. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_quirks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fac08410-6264-4147-a146-c251f5b7cb82Post:bb7bef9a-1bc0-4611-bae1-f96987216a2f">Re: Quirks</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can't sleep without a stuffed animal...

I have a penguin.  FI and I play fight over who gets to sleep with him at night.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_quirks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fac08410-6264-4147-a146-c251f5b7cb82Post:f722b939-24d0-4a62-8a74-a362e6058abf">Re: Quirks</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quirks : Yes you should. I wanna call you poop sister, cause you know. You like to poop and so do i.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Oh boy.  Okay.  Poop story.

Ben's best friend (he was best man in our wedding, I'll call him M) stayed with us this weekend.  He just broke up with his fiancee and has been going through a rough time so he came to visit and we showed him a good time for the weekend.  Which basically means, he and Ben drank a lot.  A LOT.  This guy can drink so much I really don't know how he doesn't die.  It's quite amazing.  And he's a big guy.  He's 6'6, about 275.

Our first night we partied with him, he left to go party at another one of our friend's houses and partied there until 6am.  He came to our house at 10am and when I told him I was making enchiladas for dinner that night, he cracked a joke about between all this food I was feeding him and all the drinking he'd been doing, he was probably going to "destroy" one of our toilets, so he apologized in advance.  We laughed.  Whatever.

That afternoon we went drinking at a local bar, came home, and the boys kept drinking and watching sports.  I went to the store, bought groceries, came home and prepared dinner.  We ate dinner.  The boys drank some more.

Later in the evening I was doing laundry and our laundry machines are in our upstairs bathroom.  So I'm up there changing a laundry load when I smell shiit.  Wtf?  I went over to the toilet and what I saw was burned into my mind forever.  It was the most massive, legendary shiit I have ever seen in my entire life.  It looked to be about the size of a newborn baby.  And yes, that's embellishment.  It's probably more accurate to say that it was the size of two beer cans.  WHATTHEFUCK.

I immediately started laughing.  Hysterically.  Yes, it was gross.  But you cannot do anything but laugh at a poop that size.  I did not know human beings were capable of producing poops that big.  It was something I figured was more likely to be seen in a pasture somewhere.  I ran downstairs, and I was laughing so hard that I couldn't breathe and I couldn't explain to the boys what I'd just seen for several minutes.  I managed to tell them that indeed, there was a monstrous shiit in the upstairs bathroom and while I can poop, there is no way in any hell that that poop was mine.  Neither of them believed me. 

It took a while but curiosity got the best of Ben and he went up to investigate.  He came down laughing and all "whatthefuck, man!!!" to our friend M.  M keeps trying to pass the buck, saying he didn't remember taking a shiit in that bathroom and that it wasn't him.  THERE IS NO ONE ELSE IT COULD BE.  He refused to go up and take care of it, so Ben did.  He said he had to flush the toilet three times before it all went down and he was terrified that the toilet was going to overflow.

I mean come on.  M did say he was going to destroy our toilet.

Even last night, which was days later, I got to thinking about the whole situation and I started laughing so hard I was bawling.  Tears.  Streaming down my face.
    panther
  • Well we havent had a good wall of text from AATB in awhile, I think she's outdone herself this time!
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited February 2012
    Jesus poop. 3 flushes? Thats nuts. Maybe you have a poo ghost!

My aunt loves to tell a story about my cousins poop being so big once she had to cut it with a knife so itd go down. I dont know why she would tell people that. 

• Why don't you trust shredders AATB?

I pull my hairs out if they feel funny. Its actually sort of a real problem I have been trying to break.

I doodle every few seconds. Like I just typed that sentence, doodled, and came back to type this one. If I am on a phone call I have to doodle.

I get irrationally upset when people talk about how old I am or aging. I have been using wrinkle cream for years since I am so paranoid about aging.

• Did she keep the knife, Nebb?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_quirks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:fac08410-6264-4147-a146-c251f5b7cb82Post:52512a08-a389-4588-a8c4-ebe913b7a258">Re: Quirks</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did she keep the knife, Nebb?
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]
    lol no idea. I remember that story from when I was a kid. I certainly hope not.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_quirks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fac08410-6264-4147-a146-c251f5b7cb82Post:4e82bac1-e4e3-4c6f-aba5-1c8d13c45d71">Re: Quirks</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jesus poop. 3 flushes? Thats nuts. Maybe you have a poo ghost!   My aunt loves to tell a story about my cousins poop being so big once she had to cut it with a knife so itd go down. I dont know why she would tell people that. 
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

The poo ghost thing is funny, because Ben was like "well it's big enough to where, maybe one of our neighbors did it and it backed up into our toilet."  I don't really know how plumbing works or whatever, but I found that to be highly unlikely.
    panther
  • I cannot sleep with a foot sticking out.  Didn't you see Paranormal Activity?  That really happens.  But not to me.

I cannot stand the sound of other people eating crunchy food.  When DH eats chips or my daughter eats cereal I want to rip my ears off.  It doesn't bother me to hear myself crunch, though.

I have to have the TP and paper towels roll over the top.  I flip the roll of towels over at work at least once a day.  Apparently someone else on this floor has the same compulsion going the other way and flips it back.

I iron the cuff edge of the flat sheet because it comes out of the dryer all wonky and I like it to lie flat on the bed. 

When putting shoes and socks on, I go sock, shoe, sock shoe.  I have been told I'm a freak because halfway through I have one fully clothed foot and one naked foot.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_quirks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:fac08410-6264-4147-a146-c251f5b7cb82Post:52512a08-a389-4588-a8c4-ebe913b7a258">Re: Quirks</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did she keep the knife, Nebb?
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

EWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards