Snarky Brides

Quirks

1235»

Re: Quirks

• haha.  Not licking.  Stimulating.  I guess coffee does the stimulating from inside.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm a weirdo about saliva. Like, if people's mouths are extra spitty when they talk, I get grossed out. And I hate it when people spit around me. But that's because my mom used to think it was hilarious to pin my arms and dangle her spit in my face.
  • Coffee will never taste the same.

Speaking of which, I do like the taste of coffee but definitely not enough to drink decaf.  Whatthedeuce.
    panther
  • I can't stand anything touching my palms.  I don't even touch my own palms.  I have no idea why...  Also, if I am riding in a car, I must sit behind the driver.  It is not for safety purposes, but pure irrational craziness...
    Photobucket
  • I do not like the taste of bread and meat together. Like, the thought of it even makes my gag reflex engage. I have not eaten a traditional sandwich or hamburger since the first time I tried it when I was little and spit it out. I love burgers but when people serve them to me at restaurants, I take the burger off of the bin and eat it with a fork and knife. People think I'm crazy but it seriously disgusts me any other way. I'm the annoying messy bed lady. I hate tucked in sheets and I really could not care less about making the bed EVER.
  • Ever since I had braces, I can't eat white bread.  And I still eat my pizza with a fork.  I can bite into apples, but it feels wrong.  I got my braces off like, 13 years ago.
    panther
  • Without fail, being at barnes and noble makes me have to poop, every time. It's like they have a poop inducing store smell or something.
  • Oh, I have to pull my hair back when I drive.  I've got about 30 hair bands around the gear shift and a couple of clips in the dash. 

I also can't stand wearing sunglasses.  I have a couple of pairs but they're used mainly to keep flyaway hairs out of my face. 

• I'm late to the party (again), but I'm going to play anyway.

All the doors (closet, bedroom, and bathroom) have to be closed in the bedroom for me to sleep.

I have to have a blanket on my lap when I eat at home.

I have to fold laundry myself because I have a certain way to do it and everyone else is wrong.

My DVDs and CDs have to be in alphabetical order.
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • With me, my shoes have to feel the same on both of my feet or i obsess over it until they feel the same. I also can't stand the crust on sandwich bread and will pull or cut it off, nor can I stand for my bread to have any amount of sogginess. I'm also one to use the bathroom with the door open(except with guests) and my fiance gets mad and shuts the door anyways. i'm just quirky all around!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I know I'm late, but I have a few quirks, such as I have to alphabetize everything (my CDs, DVDs, etc.).

I wear socks ALL the time (excluding the shower).

I have a bunch with food - mostly that I'm super picky about how things are cooked.

Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Late also:

I'm OCD about checking for spiders in the bedroom. When I was a kid, I once found (two different occasions) a spider under my pillow, and under the quilt. So, I have to check all the ceiling corners, skirting boards. Under the pillows. Under the sheets. Then I go turn the light off, and go to get in bed. But, I can't make myself do it. I've got to go back, turn the light on and perform the checks again. Like, four times.

I have to get the pile of clothes out of the dryer all at once to carry to the sofa to fold. I can't leave any in the dryer while I make the journey, because the cat likes to sit in the warm dryer (I dunno, crazy cat) and it skeeves me out to have cat hair on clean clothes. I have to rewash them. Same with any clothes that fall on the floor.

As for the different types of toilet thing. So, when I was about 12, we went on a school trip to a mosque, We were there maybe four hours, and it was like a three hour drive. Before we left, they told everyone to use the bathroom. Great. 60 kids in one queue for one toilet. (They told us we had 10 minutes). Well, there was another, but noone wanted to use it. I was like, 50 in the queue and desperate. F this, I thought, and went to the other toilet. I was horrified to find a hole in the floor. I struggled out of my jeans (I mean, these things are only good for people who wear skirts). Then realise MY LEGS ARE TOO SHORT to hold myself properly over the widest hole in the floor I've ever seen. I can't remember how I managed that feat of acrobatics, but I believe I must have wiped it from my memory from being too traumatic... fear of falling in much?
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_quirks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fac08410-6264-4147-a146-c251f5b7cb82Post:65159685-94fe-4ce2-8f45-4ae8d67749b7">Re: Quirks</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm late to the party (again), but I'm going to play anyway. All the doors (closet, bedroom, and bathroom) have to be closed in the bedroom for me to sleep. I have to have a blanket on my lap when I eat at home. I have to fold laundry myself because I have a certain way to do it and everyone else is wrong. My DVDs and CDs have to be in alphabetical order.
    Posted by SEWF[/QUOTE]
    I do the blanket thing. I have one thats so threadbare you can literally see through it, but I still use it anyways. It provides no warmth or regular blanket benefits but I like having it on my lap anyways.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards