Snarky Brides
Options

blackberrys

a) should I get one?
b) if no, what should I get?
c) if yes, what kind of blackberry should I get?

Please help.

Re: blackberrys

• Options
    Get a Droid. They're awesome and faster.

Also, the Droid 2 now comes in an R2D2 model.
    imageimage
  • Options
    SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited October 2010
    Blackberries have lots of antioxidants and are good for you. I prefer them in pie form. You should get ripe ones.

I didn't like my Blackberry Pearl phone very much, but I didn't have Blackberry service or even internet. THe full keyboard was awesome, but the dropped calls were not. 

ETA; Now my little sister has it and last work is that she broke the trackball off somehow. Clumserella!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_blackberrys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:fbc43338-31a1-4ba8-a241-0e504d35f9b5Post:e4139d90-4922-466b-a7b0-e352a777f75d">Re: blackberrys</a>:
    [QUOTE]Get a Droid. They're awesome and faster. Also, the Droid 2 now comes in an R2D2 model.
    Posted by JenGin74[/QUOTE]

Please explain why, with details of the droid, SVP.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_blackberrys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:fbc43338-31a1-4ba8-a241-0e504d35f9b5Post:bc045e5b-02bc-4a62-a196-353070194b2e">Re: blackberrys</a>:
    [QUOTE]Blackberries have lots of antioxidants and are good for you. I prefer them in pie form. You should get ripe ones. I didn't like my Blackberry Pearl phone very much, but I didn't have Blackberry service or even internet. THe full keyboard was awesome, but the dropped calls were not. 
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

I RARELY if ever use my phone now to actually talk on it, so dropped calls dont bother me. I would only use it for web browsing, email, text/IM probably.
  • Options
    I've had a Blackberry Pearl and I liked it. But, I didn't do any email/web on it. Only calls and texts. I now have the Droid 2 and I am in love. If Droid isn't an option, check out the Blackberry Torch, they seem like cool phones.

It is true that pit bulls grab and hold on. But what they most
    often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart

imageimage
  • Options
    In that case, my friend loves her droid more than I love my iphone. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    a) depends on if you want a touch screen or full screen (blackberry has neither)
    b) most carriers have their own versions of smart phones (i.e., touch screen/full screen phones like the iPhone) if that's what you'd prefer.
    c) I however, happen to have a Blackberry Curve with a flat trackball (NOT the dreaded trackball) and I like it. It's also "blackberry" colored, but they also had black. John has a Palm Pre, which is Sprint's version of the iPhone, and he loves it.
    I guess it really depends on what you're looking for. Something like an iTouch that has phone capabilities and is always wifi, or more like a traditional phone but with smarter features.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    Sounds like you want something along the lines of a full screen iPhone phone, then. See what your carrier has, unless you want to switch carriers.

AT&T - iPhone
    Verizon - iPhone soon
    Sprint - Palm Pre
    I'm not sure who carries Droid - maybe Verizon?
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    Actually, blackberry does have a 100% touchscreen, the Blackberry Storm. The Torch is touchscreen also, but has a full keyboard that slides out.

imageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_blackberrys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fbc43338-31a1-4ba8-a241-0e504d35f9b5Post:618ec44b-20b4-4ec0-81ee-e8bc7796cfd5">Re: blackberrys</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: blackberrys : Please explain why, with details of the droid, SVP.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Large touch screen, slide out full keyboard, over 100,000 apps, extremely easy to use.  I've had one for about 9 months and I absolutely love it.
    imageimage
  • Options
    a) should I get one?
    I used to really like mine. I rarely used it for talking but more for text\web\email.

b) if no, what should I get?
    I have an iPhone and I like it way more then the BB.

c) if yes, what kind of blackberry should I get?
     I had the pearl and I liked it then I got a world one and it was better but it didn't have a camera.
  • Options
    I think my husband would kill me and steal my phone if I got an iPhone. He wants one, even though he has absolutely no use for a phone.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I love my BlackBerry. It is the best as far as messaging is concerned. But if you're looking for more media and web browsing, it is not the best looking one. People kind of don't realize that BlackBerry was always a business device so it's not as flashy as an iPhone or Droid, but it's reliable and a great device overall.

Now that BlackBerry has become more popular amongst consumers they have made some more strides as far as managin media and having cool apps. There is the full touchscreen blackberry which is kind of school but I won't use it because I like having the full keyboard.

As far as someone mentioning the trackball breaking, that's not something you'd have to worry about since all the newest models no longer have a trackball, but an optical trackpad instead.

ETA: The Torch has a touchscreen and full slide out keyboard.

If you want to try it out and want a full keyboard, I'd recommend the BlackBerry Curve, the Torch or for Touchscreen the Storm.
  • Options
    Then he would probably kill you over a Droid, too. They're pretty much the same phone.

imageimage
  • Options
    I had the Blackberry curve and loved it but wanted a new phone a year ago and my FI had had the iphone for awhile.  He convinced me to try the iphone. I thought I was going to hate but after i learned how to txt fast on it, I was hooked.  I have the 3Gs and now I am going to get the 4th generation because of an unfortunate accident.

My 18 month old niece was not happy one day while I was babysitting her back in September.  I gave her my phone to play with which usually calms her down.  She REALLY wasn't happy because she took my phone and throw it so hard on our tile floor it cracked the screen.  In the same week she also spilled coffee on my lap top.  Kids.  What can you do?!?!

"Do I look like a killer to you?" "Yes, you kill my patience." -Castle
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_blackberrys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fbc43338-31a1-4ba8-a241-0e504d35f9b5Post:c7fe564c-44ad-48bb-8b83-18497c115038">Re: blackberrys</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: blackberrys : Large touch screen, slide out full keyboard, over 100,000 apps, extremely easy to use.  I've had one for about 9 months and I absolutely love it.
    Posted by JenGin74[/QUOTE]

<div>I LOVE my Droid. I have one of the first models (HTC Eris) but it's still awesome.  I'm jealous of the newer models with the bigger screens, etc.</div>
  • Options
    I had a Blackberry Stiorm. It sucked donkey balls. Do not get a Blackberry Storm,

I have the Droid X now, and it rules.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Jersey's unfortunate event is the reason to buy an Otterbox when you decide on a phone.

imageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_blackberrys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fbc43338-31a1-4ba8-a241-0e504d35f9b5Post:f9f0b575-483b-4dd6-8e50-b5ea408e7c86">Re: blackberrys</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I had a Blackberry Stiorm. It sucked donkey balls.</strong> Do not get a Blackberry Storm, I have the Droid X now, and it rules.
    Posted by allisong23[/QUOTE]

Then again, there's people that have them and think they're great.

Get what best suits your needs Nebb. you can have issues with any phone.
  • Options
    I have a Droid Incredible. I like how cute the little Droid guy is. I like how the smilies are little droids, and when someone calls, he pops up and is all "Oh Hai."
  • Options
    I have a blackberry curve with the old trackball thingy. I got it when I hooked my work email up to my phone, which is the best thing about blackberry (the email-at least that's what I hear). Then I switched jobs and didn't really have a need for getting work email on my phone. I will probably switch carriers and go touch screen (I want an iPhone) when my contract expires next summer.

My FI has a Driod, not sure which model, but he loves it. I thought it was hard to use at first (because it is touch screen) but once you get use to it, it's great. I am obsessed with that game "Angry Birds" on his droid, I steal his phone to play all the time. Blackberry doesn't have Angry Birds, or any fun apps for that matter.

Also my blackberry freezes up all the time when I try to surf the internet, I don't know if it's a carrier problem or phone problem, either way, I rarely surf the internet because of this problem.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    All the people I work with have blackberrys and they are so damn noisy, you CAN put them on silent right (this feels like a stupid question)?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_blackberrys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:fbc43338-31a1-4ba8-a241-0e504d35f9b5Post:9542ab92-3342-49c7-9f81-2fd75a174ffb">Re: blackberrys</a>:
    [QUOTE]All the people I work with have blackberrys and they are so damn noisy, you CAN put them on silent right (this feels like a stupid question)?
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Yes, and it's pretty easy to do.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_blackberrys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fbc43338-31a1-4ba8-a241-0e504d35f9b5Post:89ba41f3-268d-4558-836e-438374e3ca3a">Re: blackberrys</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a blackberry curve with the old trackball thingy. I got it when I hooked my work email up to my phone, which is the best thing about blackberry (the email-at least that's what I hear). Then I switched jobs and didn't really have a need for getting work email on my phone. I will probably switch carriers and go touch screen (I want an iPhone) when my contract expires next summer. My FI has a Driod, not sure which model, but he loves it. I thought it was hard to use at first (because it is touch screen) but once you get use to it, it's great. I am obsessed with that game "Angry Birds" on his droid, I steal his phone to play all the time. Blackberry doesn't have Angry Birds, <strong>or any fun apps for that matter. </strong>Also my blackberry freezes up all the time when I try to surf the internet, I don't know if it's a carrier problem or phone problem, either way, I rarely surf the internet because of this problem.
    Posted by elizp267[/QUOTE]

What?

I completely have to disagree.

Have you ever updated the OS on your BlackBerry?
  • Options
    I have a Blackberry Storm 2, it has a touch screen. There's a new one coming out in November called Torch that's touch screen and slide phone. I like my phone. The only thing I don't really care for is having to pay a data plan on top of what I pay a month. It's not that much unless you want ALL the perks or maybe that's just my provider. *shrugs*

I didn't like my phone at first but I enjoy that when I'm texting or responding to an E-mail I can either have the phone upright and use a T9 type text style or I can flip my phone to the side and use a full keyboard, which is nice when my phone decides to be dumb and not know a word.

There's going to be problems with any phone, it all depends on the person. I also don't really have to worry about my phone pocket dialing because the power button locks the screen and it's also on a menu by default, not the numbers to dial.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_blackberrys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fbc43338-31a1-4ba8-a241-0e504d35f9b5Post:89ba41f3-268d-4558-836e-438374e3ca3a">Re: blackberrys</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a blackberry curve with the old trackball thingy. I got it when I hooked my work email up to my phone, which is the best thing about blackberry (the email-at least that's what I hear). Then I switched jobs and didn't really have a need for getting work email on my phone. I will probably switch carriers and go touch screen (I want an iPhone) when my contract expires next summer. My FI has a Driod, not sure which model, but he loves it. I thought it was hard to use at first (because it is touch screen) but once you get use to it, it's great. <strong>I am obsessed with that game "Angry Birds" on his droid, I steal his phone to play all the time. Blackberry doesn't have Angry Birds, or any fun apps for that matter. </strong>Also my blackberry freezes up all the time when I try to surf the internet, I don't know if it's a carrier problem or phone problem, either way, I rarely surf the internet because of this problem.
    Posted by elizp267[/QUOTE]

That is the most addicting game ever.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have a blackberry curve. I really really like it. It has the touchpad whatever it's called instead of the trackball.

Aren't the droids pretty large? I want something I can easily carry in a pocket. This is my second blackberry curve, the first was 8330 and this is the 9330.  NOt a lot of changes but I had an accident with my phone and had to replace it.  The 9330 is lighter, flatter so it fits in my pocket even better.

The 9330 has wifi on it. When I'm home I hop on our wifi network rather than Springs network cause it's faster.  When I leave the house though, I turn of wifi because it runs the battery down faster.  

I really like it. My husband has a palm trio, DD, SIL, FDIL all have iPhones. I love their easy of web surfing.  The 9330 is easier in that respect than the 8330 was.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_blackberrys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:fbc43338-31a1-4ba8-a241-0e504d35f9b5Post:10a0d180-53c9-4806-8f7b-a6078ab01aad">Re: blackberrys</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: blackberrys : What? I completely have to disagree. Have you ever updated the OS on your BlackBerry?
    Posted by LessThanZero[/QUOTE]

Just my opinion - other phones have a better selection, BB apps selection seems a little limited. For example, I do WeightWatchers and there's an app on the iPhone where you can track points real time. Nothing like that for BB, and BB has no angry birds. I do have Facebook and some games. So I should say, BB does have apps, but none that I personally find to be that useful or any that I really like.

I have no idea if I've ever updated my OS. I didn't realize one needed to do this.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I use my iTouch for most apps, but i have a few on my BB. Only drawback is I have to be in a place with wireless internet - the house and work are fine, as are some other locations.
    J's Palm Pre is pretty cool, and he has that damn angry birds game on it, along with the halloween edition.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_blackberrys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:fbc43338-31a1-4ba8-a241-0e504d35f9b5Post:ea883372-7942-47f1-8514-8b75a5c4693a">Re: blackberrys</a>:
    [QUOTE]I use my iTouch for most apps, but i have a few on my BB. Only drawback is I have to be in a place with wireless internet - the house and work are fine, as are some other locations. J's Palm Pre is pretty cool, and he has that damn angry birds game on it, along with the <strong>halloween edition</strong>.
    Posted by missy68[/QUOTE]

Ohhh I'll have to check out the halloween edition. That game is so fun. I was just searching "Angry Birds for Blackberry" (hoping maybe it's in the works?) and this is the first link that popped up:

<a href="http://www.businessinsider.com/leaked-screenshot-angry-birds-for-blackberry-finally-released-2010-9">http://www.businessinsider.com/leaked-screenshot-angry-birds-for-blackberry-finally-released-2010-9</a>

I thought it was pretty funny.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards