Snarky Brides
Options

blackberrys

2»

Re: blackberrys

• Options

I absolutely love my Blackberry Torch a ton better than my old iPhone/BB Curve.

• Options
    I have an iPhone and I love it.  H has a Blackberry (I think the Curve, maybe the Bold, but with a trackball) and he lusts after my phone most of the time.  We find it's a lot easier to browse the net (and most other things) on the touch screen.

And Angry Birds.  Angry Birds is awesome.

I'm not sure who carries Droid phones here.  They weren't big yet when I got my iPhone, or I might have looked into that.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I personaly don't like the keyboards on Blackberrys...
    I have the tmobile (iphone) the Vibrant and I love it.. First touch screen and use web/email.text more then anything but the calls are good as well.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I like my Blackberry Curve. It's pink. It's 2 years old. It has the trackball. I havne't had problems with the trackball, but I'm soon upgrading to the purple curve with the touch trackball. Because I can.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_blackberrys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fbc43338-31a1-4ba8-a241-0e504d35f9b5Post:c5b509ae-2ef6-4f90-a31d-64e92fdbe8b5">Re: blackberrys</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: blackberrys : Just my opinion - other phones have a better selection, BB apps selection seems a little limited. For example, I do WeightWatchers and there's an app on the iPhone where you can track points real time. Nothing like that for BB, and BB has no angry birds. I do have Facebook and some games. So I should say, BB does have apps, but none that I personally find to be that useful or any that I really like. I have no idea if I've ever updated my OS. I didn't realize one needed to do this.
    Posted by elizp267[/QUOTE]

Understandable. Like I said above, people don't realize that the BB is primarily a business device and only became popular for personal use in the last couple of years. Whereas the droid and iPhone were specifically made for people to have fun with.

The BB is like a computer. You should update your OS whenever a new one comes out. That's usually why the BB's start lagging, because the OS is old and the device is full of things like pictures, ringtones and emails which clog up the memory.

I'm not pointing the finger at you or anything, but so many people get annoyed and complain about BB's when they slow down or freeze and it's not because of the device, it's because people don't maintain them properly.
  • Options
    I have a bb Curve.  It's pink and about a year old.  Recently it has decided that it wants to give me an hourglass every few seconds anytime I try to do anything.  It also refuses to browse more than two pages before I have to do a hard restart, and bbm has totally given up.  It's annoying.  I'm getting an android phone soon. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards