October 2013 Weddings
Options

I need your opinions!

I have been emailing the wedding coordinator at our reception venue, and apparently we have options for chairs (what?!). The chairs that are in the cafe normally, or brown banquet chairs. I'm not going to cover them at all, I think chair covers are silly. But we want to have a less formal reception, and part of me feels like the normal cafe chairs would help with that vibe, but I don't know how people would feel about having chairs with arm rests... 

What do you ladies think?
The normal cafe chairs. Not all of them have arm rests, if you can tell.

The brown banquet chairs.

Oh, and all of the columns are the bright green now, the 2nd picture is almost a year old.

Re: I need your opinions!

• Options
    I would do the banquet chairs so they all match exactly.

• Options
    Honestly, it wouldn't matter to me at all. I like how the top picture matches the feel of the room - the room is not very formal and the chairs match that.

But out of all the weddings I've been to, I couldn't describe any of the chairs (and I'm fairly sure some even paid for chair covers/other decorations.)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options
    I don't think it matters which you use. As long as neither of them are super uncomfortable. I don't ever remember the chairs.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I would use the cafe chairs.  I think they are more unique than the banquet chairs.  Also, most restaurants etc. don't have arm rests on their chairs, so I think that wouldn't cross most of your guests' minds.  "Hey - wait a minute - none of these chairs have arm rests....."  Hahaha.  

• Options
    I agree, I like the normal cafe chairs. But I also agree that people won't really care.

I have decided to go with the white plastic chairs for my ceremony for that same reason.
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• Options
    Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_i-need-your-opinions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:e1e7d5c8-42bb-494c-a60c-19e65eb5c495Post:91c6f99e-acf4-446b-9a65-88193b295070">Re: I need your opinions!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree, I like the normal cafe chairs. But I also agree that people won't really care. I have decided to go with the <strong>white plastic chairs for my ceremony </strong>for that same reason.
    Posted by hardlyhannah[/QUOTE]

<div>Hey!  Thanks for the update on that!</div>

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_i-need-your-opinions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:e1e7d5c8-42bb-494c-a60c-19e65eb5c495Post:c754ac1a-6891-4232-82ff-56c6f7833171">Re: I need your opinions!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I need your opinions! : Hey!  Thanks for the update on that!
    Posted by Rochelle041[/QUOTE]

Yea, I just decided officially last weekend and I have been meaning to say something. We were at a fish fry at a very popular reception venue in town and they had the exact same chairs, which is also what they use at receptions, and they were fine through the dinner we had, so I am sure they would be fine through our ceremony!
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• Options
    I don't think the chairs matter too much. Some guests might have problems with arm rests, I know my grandpa can't get in and out of chairs with arm rests very well at all.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_i-need-your-opinions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:e1e7d5c8-42bb-494c-a60c-19e65eb5c495Post:20ba6d05-8295-4274-aa4b-9ccfed671871">Re: I need your opinions!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think the chairs matter too much. <strong>Some guests might have problems with arm rests</strong>, I know my grandpa can't get in and out of chairs with arm rests very well at all.
    Posted by Xandy417[/QUOTE]

<div>That's my concern too, but I'm fairly certain that some of them don't have arm rests. As for remembering the chairs, I don't remember any of them either, ha. And yet, I'm now debating about them, hahahaha. Rolling my eyes at myself.</div>
  • Options
    I have found while planning my wedding that I am considering many strange things that I have never given a though to before.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards