August 2012 Weddings

Just introducing myself...

Hi everyone! I'm new to this board. I've been on TK for a while now, as we knew we were getting married right away, but the proposal just finally happened on Wednesday, so it's official now! We had been looking at May 2012, but decided a couple of extra months would help us financially.

A little background...FI and I met on AOL instant messenger, completely randomly one day back in May of 1999. I was living in Indiana, he was in Massachusetts. I was 14, he was 15 at the time (we are now 26 and 28 at the moment). Anyway, we stayed in touch for over 10 years, and finally met in person in March of last year. As soon as we met, we knew it was meant to be. He helped me get a job at the insurance company he works for, and not three months later, I was moving to Massachusetts! I agree that it was crazy of me, but my parents were surprisingly supportive, and it has been amazing since!

We have spent this week visiting family in Indiana, and he proposed here at my parents' lake house, out on the pier. As I mentioned, we had kind of been planning for a while now, and we do already have a wedding planner booked, but nothing else other wise, as the venue we want is not available to try to book until August. A wedding planner was a must since we are getting married in Indiana but live in Massachusetts!

Thanks if you made it this far! I'm not sure how people usually introduce themselves on here, but if you all have any questions, ask away! Smile
imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards