August 2012 Weddings
Options

*colstj* DIY question

I thought I remember you saying you got a xyron machine. I'm thinking I need one (lol neeeed as I told FI) for invites - I think the adhesive part will come in handy. Which model do you have? I'm learning towards 900 just because our invites are 5.5 inches wide so I can't do 500.

ahh hope I don't have the wrong person :)

thanks!
August 2012 Challenge - Dream Pet: Miniature Goldendoodle
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: *colstj* DIY question

• Options
    You have the right girl! :)

I have a tiny one for stickers right now. It's a tiny hand held one called the Xyron Legacies.  My grandmother has the 900 and that would work AMAZING for doing larger things.  So, I would reccomend it!

p.s. your first date location is where I currently work (although I did put my two weeks in the other day)
  • Options
    oh wow thank you for quick response!! ok, I'm in love with the idea of xyron and don't know HOW I didn't know about it sooner (actually you mentioning it was how I got interested, so thanks!!). The cricut I have makes such like intricate cuts and I can never apply adhesive to it, so I feel like xyron is going to work perfectly. I love the little one - I've read on here a lot of people have used it for address labels ... lol ohhh the DIY possibilities!!

awww yes FI loves Fridays. do you serve? I'm working at Carrabba's now. gah, serving can be annoying. its a great way to get extra income for us though - so guess I can't complain ;)

when are you planning on starting all your DIY stuff? I feel like the clock is ticking, but I'm SO busy with everything else!
  • Options
    Oh if you have a cricuit you will LOVE a xyron sticker maker! And I am a server at TGI Fridays, but since I recieved a paid internship this summer I recently put my two weeks in and will be done there soon. :/

And as for DIY projects. I've already started a few, like my card box, ring bearer pillow and flower girl basket and these little ring in the post before this one for my BM's.  Right now I do projects for fun and so that I won't get stressed out with them when it gets closer too!
  • Options
    yea that sounds like me, I've gotten a couple little things done - or started. I'm hoping to get a lot done this summer (I'm a teacher). so we'll see!! I *hopefully* found someone on craigslist to sell me a xyron - I'm so, so, so excited. lol I went to AC Moore today to "visit" the scrapbooking section. I wound up buying wire to make personalized hangers (never to early to start that right?) and a seating chart thing that was on clearance
  • Options
    How exciting! Can't wait to see all of the projects you work on! And I don't think it's ever to early to start the fun! :)
  • Options
    :) picked it up today but I think I'll have to wait until weekend to play with it!! so excited - thanks for your help!
  • Options
    No problem! Any time
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards