Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

What percentage of guests will drink coffee?

We are having a dry dessert reception in the late evening where we will be serving punch and coffee (regular and decaf). The site charges by the cup for the coffee. What percentage of guests do you think will drink coffee?

Re: What percentage of guests will drink coffee?

• You should plan on every guest over about age 12 (when my baby sister started drinking coffee) drinking coffee.
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Probably all of them.  My brothers and I are the only people I know of who don't drink coffee - and all three of us made up for it by marrying coffee fanatics.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Everyone.  I never drink coffee but even I would drink coffee if my only other choice was punch.  (Have you considered adding coke/diet coke?) 
  • Is the coffee being served at the table or do people have to get up and get it?

If it's being served, then everybody. If they have to get their own you can probably cut it down, because hopefully, most of the room will be dancing!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_percentage-of-guests-will-drink-coffee?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:0b6c698f-77a4-4e01-bc79-5c4a4f71b3b6Post:5bad61a6-3018-4b40-84ba-48f9b6dc3260">Re: What percentage of guests will drink coffee?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Everyone.  I never drink coffee but even I would drink coffee if my only other choice was punch.  (Have you considered adding coke/diet coke?) 
    Posted by NOLAbridealmost[/QUOTE]

Not just coke/diet coke, because there's people like me who don't drink cola!  Maybe coke/diet coke/sprite?  And what about lemonade and iced tea?  I imagine those would be cheaper overall than coffee & tea since you can make them very easily in large batches!

Anniversary

• Well I for one do not drink coffee or punch (too much sugar for me).   Most of the coffee drinkers I know do not drink it at night functions often either.

When I've work night functions I only find less than half the people will drink it at that hour. 

I would still plan on 100%, but in reality I would be surprised if was even 50%

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards