Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Who to serve dinner to

Which vendors do you typically provide a dinner plate for? I would think for sure the DJ and the photographer since they will for sure be there. We aren't having a religious ceremony so the officiant won't be there unless we request it. Suggestions?

Re: Who to serve dinner to

• You should provide a meal for the vendors that will be working during the reception.  For us, that was the photographer and her husband and the band.  The contract may require a meal, but it really is nice to provide one regardless.  Your venue may have a vendor meal that is lower priced, ask them.  Ask the vendors where they prefer to eat; the DJ may want to be served at the DJ station.  

Many people invite the officiant to the reception as a courtesy, but you do not have to.  If you do, send her/him an invitation (and include the spouse) and seat them as guests at the reception.  
  • Thank you! I just e-mailed my vendor to ask about the lower pricing for the vendor meal - I didn't think of that!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_who-to-serve-dinner-to?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:515aadd9-d875-46d8-b2ce-f146f8bf31d4Post:4b0a3e8c-cb00-4695-a6e2-3ab26dbd0e72">Re: Who to serve dinner to</a>:
    [QUOTE]You should provide a meal for the vendors that will be working during the reception.  For us, that was the photographer and her husband and the band.  The contract may require a meal, but it really is nice to provide one regardless.  Your venue may have a vendor meal that is lower priced, ask them.  Ask the vendors where they prefer to eat; the DJ may want to be served at the DJ station.   Many people invite the officiant to the reception as a courtesy, but you do not have to.  If you do, send her/him an invitation (and include the spouse) and seat them as guests at the reception.  
    Posted by jessicabessica[/QUOTE]
  • So is it acceptable to not offer dinner to the vendors who will only be there a short time?  What about my guitarist who will only be playing at the ceremony?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards