Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Vegetarian Option

Does anybody have any good suggestions for a catered vegetarian option? Our venue told us they could basically do anything we want, which is making it really hard! The sad thing is that I am a vegetarian myself, and I think I'm complicating matters. The only thing we don't want is pasta - aka what every vegetarian gets at every wedding they go to!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Vegetarian Option

• What else are you serving?  Have you already picked sides that you want to go with the vegetarian entree?  Can you ask your caterer if they have made something that's been particular popular in the past?  What kind of food do you like?  There are some fun and different Indian and Mexican meals for vegetarians.  Do you like tofu and/or fake meat?

We had a buffet with a vegan streudel, lasagna w/white sauce and spinach, and porcini mushroom purses along with various vegetarian sides (roast potatoes, green and wax beans, grilled veggies).  
  • My favorite vegetarian meals I've gotten at weddings have been spinach pie and butternut squash ravioli. If its a more casual affair you could go veggie burger, I'd just suggest making sure it is nut free. Us vegetarians with allergies are out there!
  • Eggplant parm?
  • I'm not a vegetarian, but I love portobello mushrooms and would order them over meat 'most any day.  Maybe stuffed with spinach, artichoke hearts and cheese?   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards