Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

alcohol

my fiance and i each wanted to pick a signature drink...problem is i want malibu rum and coke and he wants salior jerry rum and coke. We will also have one or two types of beer and maybe wine(undecided bout that yet). Should one of us pick a different signature drink?

Re: alcohol

• Unless those are actually your signature drinks in normal day-to-day life, I'd say yes, one of you should change it (and it should PROBABLY be your FI since that's a pretty standard drink to begin with).

There are so many tasty drinks out there, I have a hard time believing that rum and coke are the only ones you like!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I don't think it's a huge deal to have those two drinks, if that's what you guys like.  If you are making names for the drinks, I think it would be cute to just say "Bride's Rum" and "Groom's Rum."  Could you also have some other mixers available, so that people could have those rums mixed with something else, like Malibu with pineapple juice or ginger beer with your FI's rum?
  • I would find a third ingredient for each drink to really punch it up and differeniate them. I'm not a drink expert so I don't really know what those might be. But I know there are edible flowers that maybe you could add to yours and maybe his could have some other decoration.

If you don't want to add another ingredient, focus on the presentation of the drinks. maybe serve yours in a girly flute and his in an old fashion glass and then add a bow or ribbon or drink stirer to each.
  • PeavyPeavy member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Yes, choose a different drink.  You've got rum & coke, and rum & coke.  Choose something with vodka, almost everyone likes that.  Or margaritas.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards