Virginia
Options

rebecca keeling photogoraphy

I'm just wondering if any of you have used her and what you would say about her. I'm heavily considering her, but I'd like to get some other brides reviews!TIA!Dreama
May 21st,2011
"to make you feel my love"
dreamaandavid.weebly.com/

Photo taken by Bit of Ivory Photography

Re: rebecca keeling photogoraphy

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I used her for my wedding in OBX in March. For her price she is good, but I think I would have reconsidered for a higher priced photographer. She doesn't take charge of the situation which left us with horrible ceremony pics. Except for the 5 minutes of me and my husband time after the ceremony, we don't have any pics of us together. Also since she enjoys kids and family we had a crazy number of kids pics, which I told her we did not want at all. She didn't utilize the space she had and she rushed us through everything because she had to get out of there ASAP. Which left her missing the best pics of the night. If you look on her blog our pics are the ones under Erin and Chris and the photo on the wedding package page is ours too. Also she is a vegetarian and never told us so she had a snit on when she got chicken, our reception hall had to bend over backwards to get her another meal. I am really on the fence with her, I think if she cost more I would have been really upset but she was the cheapest quote so I can't overly complain. I recommend her for people who don't want to spend much money. If your having a backyard wedding, then she's great, if your having a intimate get together, then shes great. But if your spending a decent amount of money and planning out every little detail then use someone else. I hope this helps in your decision. Good Luck :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi!Thanks for taking the time to write such an honest review! If you don't mind, how much did you wind up spending on the package? Also did you do an engagement or bridal session?I think in a way I'm kind of a controlling person when it comes to how I think things should be done.. so l will have made it known to her what I do and do not want. (if I have to I'll have someone follow her around and make sure shes getting the shots shes supposed to) I can't imagine paying someone for ANYTHING and not get exactly what you want....TIA! =]Dreama
    May 21st,2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    span/> I paid $550 for 5 hours. We didn't use her for anything else. But you may want too, just to see how she is. You can only screw up bridal/engagement session so much, you know. But you really shouldn't have to follow your photographer around to make sure shes doing her job. But I will also tell you that she got pist at me when I told her to take a picture. What made me more upset was it was one of my parents dancing (something you don't ever see), and she wouldn't have gotten it. The more I talk about it the more appalled I get with her haha.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What all did your package have? The price she gave me is quite a it different!$1305 you could have 5 hours of coverage, two locations, editing, online proofing and ordering, an engagement session, and all edited images from the e-session and your wedding day on rights released dvd.  i only require 1/2 down for the retainer to hold your day and you can split the remaining amount into small payments over the next year to make it more affordable, and not such a big chunk at one time.
    May 21st,2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow if she cost that with me I would have went with another.. I got 5 hours, 2 locales, the dvd with all rights to the photos, online ordering, $50 towards photo prints... The only thing we didn't get was the e-session. But I believe it was only going to be 150 for that if we did it for an hour. We weren't local either she had to go to OBX. She must have upped her prices significantly. She was also willing to throw in a Trash the Dress because she never did one of those before.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow! You have got to be kidding me! Thats almost triple the price you paid! I'm not so sure about her anymore then. If you had this much difficulty I'm not sure I want to rick "SO SO" pictures with someone.Thanks so much for being honest with me!Dreama
    May 21st,2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    No problem! Good luck with the rest of your planning :-D
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    rkstudiosrkstudios member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    on friday afternoon, i had the unfortunate experience of finding this thread and was so upset and disappointed, i've spent the weekend trying to decide whether it was better to ignore it or defend myself from the grossly inaccurate information. i won't be involved in mud-slinging or he said, she said because i just don't believe in that sort of unprofessional behavior. but, i do believe i have the right to set the record straight since this information has been posted in an international forum for the world to see. erin booked my services in august of 2008, at the end of my very first year of shooting weddings. i had just moved back to the hampton roads area and was at the beginning of establishing my business in a new location. i was offering my services at a reduced rate to start the ball rolling in that direction. as any business owner would tell you, that's the price of starting a new business in a new location. fortunately for her, the package she received at the time of booking would now be valued at $1100. "taking charge of the situation" is not my photography style. i most CERTAINLY would never interfere at any time during the ceremony. i'd be more than happy to work with you during the planning stages to be sure the best photo angles are taken into consideration, but have never and will never meddle as the ceremony is taking place. there are times when i am more directive, such as when taking formal family shots or during the cake cutting. but, if you want someone who is tells you and your guests what to do, don't hire me. kids and family are part of your guests. their activities during your reception are part of what creates the story of your day, which is what you hire me to do...document your day. i've never been told not to photograph guests, family, kids, or otherwise. when you contract me, be sure to do so for the length of time you want me to stay. when you contract me for 5.5 hours, i will be there, as i was for erin, nearly 6.5 hours, because i always arrive early and stay until the very end of my contracted time. that's why we have a contract...that's why every wedding professional has a contract. you wouldn't expect the venue to stay open longer than your contracted time, why would you expect your photographer to? i am NOT, in fact, a vegetarian. if i were, i'd be sure to include in my contract that i require a special meal. it is however, in my contract that if i am at an event for longer than 4 hours, i require a full meal. at most weddings, there is a buffet, which i eat after everyone has gotten their plate. at erin's reception, there was a choice between two entree's. i was offered either, chose the chicken, after which i was informed there was no more, and i very politely and very discreetly said i'd just have a baked potato. i wouldn't have eaten anything if it were going to cause a scene...it's not in my nature and it really wouldn't look very good on my part. to sum it all up, i'd like to use erin's own words from reviews, boards, and emails that she sent me following her event: "Hey Rebecca! We just saw them and they are unbelievable. They really capture everything, made us laugh a lot and definitely made me cry a few times. Your artistic talents are outstanding and to tell you the truth we don't think any of the well known photographers on the beach could have done as well as you did. We really love them. Thank you so much. We think we may do one of those coffee table books with them, can you let us know what we will need to do to get one of those. Thanks again Erin & Chris" "Rebecca Keeling Studios Suffolk, Virginia 23434 See All Reviews Review Date: 04/21/2009 Services Used: Photography 4.7 out of 5.0 Quality of Service: (4.5/5.0) Responsiveness: (5.0/5.0) Professionalism: (4.0/5.0) Value For Cost: (5.0/5.0) Flexibility: (5.0/5.0) Rebecca was awesome. Shes very nice and easy to be around and made us feel very comfortable. For the price we paid the photos where outstanding and definitely the quality of the high priced photographers." "Pro pictures are finally in!!! From: chrisanderin32809 Date: 4/11/2009 at 2:22 AM I don't know how to make it clicky but there ya go. I was pleasantly surprised by them, she might have been the cheapest we could find but she was worth so much more. She also told us that we are going to be her first featured slide show on her new website, which is really exciting. Well enjoy!" i'm honestly not sure what happened between her wedding and now to make her post such false information and negative opinions but i can say that erin's photos were and still are some of the most beautiful beach photos i've taken and i've booked several weddings from the few pictures of her event i have posted online. i can also say that in my experience, i don't trust people who talk from both sides of their mouth...and that there is such a thing as karma. i sincerely hope that anyone who reads this post will take all things into consideration and make your own decision. not rely on someone who's information may be skewed. sincerely, rebecca
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am going to try and be VERY nice about this even though this rebuttal is very unprofessional also. FYI vendors are not aloud to post on here since this is a place for REAL reviews. Looking back at the review I did give you here, its not even that bad. I told her you where good for your price but I wouldn't use you for big affairs You didn't touch on anything I mentioned except the vegetarian comment. which I have a whole table to prove that you flipped out because you wanted the crab cakes, even though we DID have a chicken dish for you, the same thing the rest of the vendors ate without complaints. You didn't deny anything I actually said I didn't like about you. I don't want to see your business fall because I really do believe you could be an awesome photographer, which you proved in the few pictures I was impressed with but there are things you really need to work on like your ceremony pictures, which where horrible and we where lucky enough my cousin got some good shots. By rebutting like this you made yourself look worse on the search pages. Especially since something as small as shes good with smaller wedding but I would have re thought her turned into a full fledged problem. Yes I thought I was thrilled with you in the beginning but as comments started rolling in, seeing how unhappy the people that paid you where in your quality, and then trying to do my picture book and not having decent picture to fill it, I realized you weren't as good as I thought you where. So if I could take back those premeditate comments about how wonderful you where I would. I have honestly recommended you to at least 10 brides, did they use you, I have no idea. Should they have, YES because their weddings would have suited your style. Am I unhappy with how you shot our wedding most definitely, am I aloud to warn other brides depending on what they are looking for YEP! Did I tell Dreamma to try you out for their E-Pics to make sure they liked you, I sure did, when I could have said RUN! I believe her thoughts changed when in 6 months your prices have triples no matter what your cause was.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just in case someone was watching this or Rebecca is looking at this. I don't know if you pulled your post or the moderator pulled it due to the fact that you are a vendor. But I pulled my post so that my retaliation against you wouldn't show up in searches. There is no need for added drama.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I pulled it. The rules have changed a bit. Brides are welcome to post honest reviews, whether they be positive or negative. As long as the review is factual (e.g. "so-&-so showed up 3 hours late," vs. "he was horrible & had a bad attitude."), & you don't repeatedly bash them in multiple posts, the mods have been instructed to leave reviews alone.Vendors are welcome to contact TheKnot and request that their response to a review be posted, but it MUST be submitted to TheKnot & posted by them. Vendors are still not welcome to post on their own. Posts directly from a vendor will be deleted.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for letting me know. I didn't even know at one point you couldn't give reviews unless they where good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards