Ohio-Toledo
Options

Eston's Bakery

Hello Brides to Be!I am getting married next year and my wedding package included a cake at Wixey's... The hotel where our ceremony/reception is now has a partnership with Eston's... Anyone have any experience with this bakery?? I ask because I'm from out of town, and when I first asked friends about Wixey's they had nothing but GOOD things to say about the bakery!!!  I just want to make sure the same is true about Eston's....TIA

Re: Eston's Bakery

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I enjoyed working with them. They basically have 6 or 7 mock cakes that you can choose from for the style and size. You can customize for an additional fee. I think their cakes are fantastic. Definetly go for a cake testing.
  • Options
    MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't use them for our wedding, but I did do a tasting there and their cakes are definitely delicious!! :)
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Eston's for our wedding in February. We were not initially sure about a cake at all, but once we found Eston's, and their cakes that are so much more than plain wedding cake, we were hooked. A tasting is free, you can bring anyone you want with you, and well worth it to discover all their interesting flavors. The only drawback is tat they have a set number of designs to work from, so if you have something in mind that they don't do, you might have to pay the difference. Hope you enjoy as much as we did!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My sister used them for her wedding. Her cake was simple but very pretty and tasted amazing!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Eston's for our wedding in June and they were great. Their cake is amazing and they are easy to work with.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh good! I'm so glad to hear that people have had good experiences with them! Thank you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi,I will be using them for my September 2010 wedding. The venue that we booked with uses another bakery as part of their wedding package, and we opted to go with Eston's instead! We have used them for many years for birthday cakes, etc...and have been very pleased. They are very consistent with taste, and very well balanced. Their flavors are amazing, and it was very hard to choose! Good Luck, you will be very pleased!
  • Options
    JaymeLeighJaymeLeigh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used them for our wedding this past August. The cake is amazing, but as pp's mentioned, their decorating is VERY simple, so if you are going for design, they might not be the best choice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    These post's make me VERY excited to use Eston's as well. Im having my wedding in Toledo. I live in Colorado now.  Im flying back home to Ohio for Christmas & I have an appt set for a tasting.  Ill let you girls know how delicious everything tastes Kiss
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards