Ohio-Toledo
Options

Libbeys

Hello Ohio!

I live about 2 hours away in Michigan but read a post from a Toledo knottie on another board about this Libbey Glass Outlet. I'm really struggling with finding a CHEAP way to go for centerpieces for about 30 tables.

Have you been to the Libbey outlet? Do you think it would be worth my drive? She mentioned that she had a coupon for the store too. Do you have any suggestions for how an out-of-towner might come across one?

Thanks so much :)

Susie

Re: Libbeys

• Options
    MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's definitely worth a visit!!  They have SO much stuff!   We got the votive holders for our wedding there.  They were actually little "juice glasses" but we got them super cheap and they worked perfectly. 

They put out 15% off coupons constantly.  I've seen them in newspapers and the Val-Paks.  I can keep an eye out for them and could mail one/some to you if you decide you want to make the trip down here and would be OK e-mailing me your address. :)
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • Options
    rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hello I was actually at Libbey yesterday.  I work a few blocks away :)

What exactly are you looking for?  They have many outlet glasses and vases for a dollar, and some cheaper things.

I will find you a coupon.  Just give me a second!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    rak123rak123 member
    edited December 2011
    http://www.valpak.com/coupons/display/LIBBEY-GLASS-OUTLET/Cygnet/OH/900238/899004

Then on the upper right, there is a button for "print now" 

Also, my FI is on some mailing list where he gets 30% off coupons.  He just got one, so another might not be for a while.  but there are always, always coupons for 15% off.

If there is anything specifically you are looking for, let me know.  I walk there quite often on lunch and can check it out for you.
  • Options
    MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_libbeys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:56fe5913-bfa5-4e94-bab8-0befb2f3387ePost:fbb58e25-c0ae-4599-b3f7-ebbefd6d118b">Re: Libbeys</a>:
    [QUOTE]<a href="http://www.valpak.com/coupons/display/LIBBEY-GLASS-OUTLET/Cygnet/OH/900238/899004" rel="nofollow">http://www.valpak.com/coupons/display/LIBBEY-GLASS-OUTLET/Cygnet/OH/900238/899004</a> Then on the upper right, there is a button for "print now"  Also, my FI is on some mailing list where he gets 30% off coupons.  He just got one, so another might not be for a while.  but there are always, always coupons for 15% off. If there is anything specifically you are looking for, let me know.  I walk there quite often on lunch and can check it out for you.
    Posted by rak123[/QUOTE]

You're good!   I tried googling and came up empty. :)
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Libbey is an awesome place for all that stuff!  We got a ton of cylinder vases for 1.99 (+ the 15% off), I think votive holders were 33 cents, and got some vases for bouquets for less than $2.  They have some great stuff!
  • Options
    cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Perhaps I was ripped off as I have never been to the Libbey Glass Outlet...

But I bought all of the glass for my centerpieces from Crafts 2000 and thought I got a good price.  If you come down I-75 to Toledo anyway, Crafts 2000 is right on your way in Monroe and might be worth stopping at too.  Even if you don't buy glass stuff there, it is the most amazing craft store I have ever been in.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    rak123rak123 member
    edited December 2011

I am a Libbey junkie...not gonna lie. 

• Options
    rak123rak123 member
    edited December 2011
    I have heard some great things about Crafts 2000!  I have not ventured up there yet, but I would like to soon to check out their wedding stuff.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh my gosh you guys are just the greatest! I can't believe how helpful you've been! Your responses make me really excited to go see it and the link to the coupon is GREAT!

I'm thinking of something really simple, like teo or three vases on each table that either have candles or just one daisy in each (if there's a cure way to do it). I also like the idea of lots of votives if they're that cheap. FMIL said she saw one once that was just one of those wider glass bowls with a few floating candles and gerbera daisy head floating around and while simple it super pretty. So that's an option too. I guess I'm really open to anything cute (And cheap!) at this point.

Thanks again for everything girls :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I do know that Libby has cylinder vases that come in three sizes and they are all $1.98. I believe the votive holders are $.33. I was just up at Crafts 2000 on Wednesday and the had pre poured candles in holders for $1.00 and plain votive holders for $.25.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_libbeys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:56fe5913-bfa5-4e94-bab8-0befb2f3387ePost:5cbc487d-30ce-4295-8ff3-ae8ed6d07fb0">Re: Libbeys</a>:
    [QUOTE]Perhaps I was ripped off as I have never been to the Libbey Glass Outlet... But I bought all of the glass for my centerpieces from Crafts 2000 and thought I got a good price.  If you come down I-75 to Toledo anyway, Crafts 2000 is right on your way in Monroe and might be worth stopping at too.  <strong>Even if you don't buy glass stuff there, it is the most amazing craft store I have ever been in</strong>.
    Posted by cschuma2[/QUOTE]

YES!!! I have bought sooo much there. I should just own the store by now!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_libbeys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:56fe5913-bfa5-4e94-bab8-0befb2f3387ePost:bf0cdefd-c691-4313-bab1-7ccd1ed3d249">Re: Libbeys</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have heard some great things about Crafts 2000!  I have not ventured up there yet, but I would like to soon to check out their wedding stuff.
    Posted by rak123[/QUOTE]

GO! You'll love it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards