Getting in Shape

Wish I could just sweat it off.

I don't know about ya'll, but I have such a hard time loosing weight. It seems like everytime I check the scale, it just goes up. So depressing. I found out last year I have hypothyroidism and so my metabolism is pretty messed up, but I am bound and determined that I can still lose some weight. I've been a memeber at a gym for a while now, but haven't had much motivation to go. FI is too busy and definetly not motivated, so thats been tough, but today i'm going to give my MOH my FI's key to get in the gym and we are gonna hit it. Hope the switch in workout buddies will keep me at it. So are there any other brides with hypothyroidism that are trying to lose weight for the big day? And how is it going for you?
Anniversary

Re: Wish I could just sweat it off.

• I'm in the same boat. I was diagnosed about 6 months ago but it's currently in check with my meds but it doesn't seem like it has been any easier to lose weight. I have been going to the gym again in the last week but haven't seen much difference. I am really sore right now though form a shallow water aerobics class I did yesterday so I highly recommend it!
  • I have a friend who's been struggling for years with thyroid issues.  She finally just got it taken out.  She'll be on supplements for the rest of her life, but at least she knows what she's dealing with now.

Did your doctor prescribe you some hormone replacement?  That should help account for the slow thyroid.

Sorry you're struggling.  I know it's tough.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards