Getting in Shape

any medifasters?

I started program today, so far so good. Was hoping to make a formal reappearance on this board as I have been MIA since the summer when I stopped WW...any people OP?

Re: any medifasters?

• I did medifast. I just ordered 2 weeks worth of food because i just wanted a jump start. I couldn't do it passed a day. I found the food to be really difficult to take down. I was gagging mid bites. It may just be the food included in my package. I liked the bars but that was about it. If you can take the food than I would say it works well for fast weight loss. I know my cousin did it and lost about 10lbs in just 2 weeks. Good Luck!
  • hi Daniela, thanks for the post! My mom had great success so I was able to start off with some of her leftovers and also new to avoid certain food. She said oatmeal was gross but I love it normally and thought I'd give it a whirl, nope, gross. Yesterday was the first day and it wasn't so bad. The eggs are good cooked on the stove with some salsa on top, tastes like eggbeaters really. So far the Peanut butter, mint and smores bars are all delicious. the chix wild rice soup was fine, a little bland- I ate with the multigrain crackers (a snack, not a meal) which tasted like Matza but did the trick. Good luck to you! 10 lbs in 2 weeks would be fantastic. I have NO IDEA how people stay on program for 6 months, a year, or more.... I am hoping to drop about 35 lbs so thinking that I will be done by Dec 31st!
  • My mom did Medifast, and lost over 80lbs.  She looks great, and she's kept it off (about 8 months now).  The transition is slow back to normal foods, but if you stick with it, you can do really well on it.  I was not able to do it because its soy based, and I'm allergic to soy.Can I ask why you stopped WW.  I'm starting on Monday and I was just wondering why you stopped.
  • I stopped doing WW in May and switched to calorie counting. By that point, I had been following the WW program from the previous November, so about 1.5 years and had only dropped about 30ish lbs. It was very very slow for met in the beginning and I hit several plateaus during that time. Previously, in college, I did WW and saw results really fast, I lost 25 lbs or so in a 5 month period and was thrilled with it. I think my problem is that I am already a very clean and healthy eater, we never eat out, order in, have anything for dessert other than frozen yogurt or something of the sort,etc. so basically WW just made me accountable as to how much I was eating but I don't think I was getting enough protein for example. HOpefully it works as well for you as it worked for me the first time, and as well as its working for many people now. Depending on your "starting" point, its an outstanding plan.Gluck
  • I am currently a Medifast "hybrid" bride. :) I follow the program strictly on non-workout days, and on workout days (5 out of 7), i eat three medifast meals, a large piece of fruit (carbs, i know) for energy, and one large salad split in half for dinner and lunch. it gives me energy to work out. good luck! :)
  • how is that working for you? are you still losin 2-5 lbs a week? I suppose swapping out to "meals" for a piece of fruit still keeps your carbs right but you are low on protein on those days.... do you find you are more tired? I have been reading a lot about how the ketosis thing works and it makes me want to cheat a lot less b/c I know it can kick me out of ketosis and make me hungry all over again
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards