Getting in Shape

In Need of Something...

Support?  Encouragement?  A swift kick in the a**??  I don't know, but I need something...

Ok, about 2.5 weeks ago I told you ladies about my big weight loss.. followed by an unfortunate big weight gain (lost 42, gained 30 back).  I am now just over 4 months from my wedding and I am kicking it into high gear!  Idealy I want to lose about 40 pounds from here..

Ok, so here's my dilemna.  I have been seriously working it at the gym.. I run 3.1 miles on the treadmill everyday (I prefer to run outside.. but I live in FL and seriously may die of heat stroke if I get out there and run a 5K with this 95+ weather we've been having!!  Haha).  I do about an hour of weights a day, rotating arms, legs, and abs.  I am on Day 12 of the shred (I try to get to that everyday, but have missed about 3 days here an there over the last 2.5 weeks).. and I am dieting (using "lose it" on my iphone to track calories.  This is what I used to lose my 42 pounds last year and it worked great..

I am seeing NO results.  Nothing.  No encouragement from the scale or tape measure AT ALL.  Overall, I have gained .8 pounds and am generally the same in my measurements or up about a half inch.  My clothes feel the same on my body.  I feel like I am putting in all this hard work for nothing!

What's worse is this is odd for me.  I have had a lifetime of yo-yo dieting.  I know, its terrible and I want to get off that kind of lifestyle, but at some point I hit the dreaded platuea.  And I stick with my diet for a while but eventually I burn out and end up gaining again.  But, the platuea has always come after I've lost about 30-40 pounds before!!!  Never before any weight loss has even occurred!!  Usually in the first 2 weeks of a diet I lose about 5-10, not gain .8!!!

I'm just very frustrated and needed something, so I came here.  Thanks for reading ladies.  =(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards