Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Dances?

2»

Re: Dances?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_dances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:2c4f2ff6-a5b9-4db5-a182-ffd1163b09abPost:a5d750d5-71ea-4670-87f0-e5dbf6081cd2">Re: Dances?</a>:
    [QUOTE] i have NEVER seen the guy put it on the lady that caught the bouquet!!! have any of you? now that would just be plain embarrassing!!!
    Posted by bridgetlb[/QUOTE]

Our friends did this at their wedding last year, but it was a joke.  They blindfolded the guy that caught the garter and then the groom switched places with the girl that caught the bouquet.  So the guy was putting it on the groom's leg.  We won't be doing that, but it was funny to watch at that wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_dances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:2c4f2ff6-a5b9-4db5-a182-ffd1163b09abPost:954d3000-9ae6-4a55-b1cb-fc8860e84c53">Re: Dances?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bridget no one does that anymore.  Everyone agrees that is gross.  People that have seen it say it's very uncomfortable.  I have never seen it.  Nor do I want to.
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

that is just crazy!!! i'd never have anyone do that!!! i'm laughing my butt off right now thinking about my FI's best friend putting the garter on my single mom!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_dances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:2c4f2ff6-a5b9-4db5-a182-ffd1163b09abPost:a83a16ae-d91b-4b06-85fd-71e889598df8">Re: Dances?</a>:
    [QUOTE] I REALLY like this idea. How did you go about identifying who had been married longest? Did you make an announcement explaining? I'd love more details!
    Posted by tc1016[/QUOTE]

The DJ called every married couple to the dance floor for a song and then she said "If you've been married less than 5 hours/1 year/5 years/15 years, etc., please take a seat."  And one by one everyone left the dance floor leaving the longest married couple, in theory.  It was my grandparents, which we knew ahead of time and knew that they could not dance so the DJ had them standing on the sidelines.  They actually tied with a family friend but the DJ booted them off the floor.  My grandparents celebrated 50 years the month after our wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    cfibelkorn - btw, the eyelashes went pretty well. i was in a mad rush for time, so i threw them on! had trouble with one of the inside corners kinda not sticking, and when i went  to pull them off at night, it seems like they wer barely on at all! but the looked faboulous!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are probably doing the bouquet and garter toss because it would probably fit in with the goofies that will be at my reception. :) As far as it being sexual, I don't really get that.. I mean I guess I've seen some more sexual than others, but usually it's just like wam bam done. It's not like he will be using his teeth or anything, lol..

I think Single Ladies is still cute for the bouquet toss, and I'm usually the first to refuse to do overdone songs (butterfly kisses, anyone?)... I actually really really like the beginning of Crazy in Love by Beyonce, too, which I think would be cute... I also considered "it's Raining Men" ..

My cheesy choices for garter-
    "Another One Bites the Dust" by Queen
    The Mission: Impossible Theme Song
    "What a Man" by Salt n Pepa
    Rocky Theme Song
    "Sharped Dress Man" by ZZ Top
    "Too Sexy" by Right Said Fred
    "Bad Boy" by Gloria Estefan
    "Bad Boys" by Inner Circle

I'm still unsure about our entrance song... I only did some thinking and researching for one night and came up with these
    "Celebration" by Kool and the Gang
    "This Will Be (an Everlasting Love)" by Natalie Cole
    "We are Family" by Sister Sledge
    "Why Can't We Be Friends" by War (the beginning is cute)
    Disclaimer: Please excuse the above comment. I'm probably freaking out because there is less than one month to go. Thank you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Our Huge Planning Blog :) * Updated 06/11

July 2011 Bride
  • Options
    cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_dances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:2c4f2ff6-a5b9-4db5-a182-ffd1163b09abPost:c073b78d-08b6-4747-a4ad-8fb9c906546a">Re: Dances?</a>:
    [QUOTE]cfibelkorn - btw, the eyelashes went pretty well. i was in a mad rush for time, so i threw them on! had trouble with one of the inside corners kinda not sticking, and when i went  to pull them off at night, it seems like they wer barely on at all! but the looked faboulous!
    Posted by bridgetlb[/QUOTE]

hahaha yes I have had that happen before where the corners start de-glueing themselves :p

How much were they? I havent bought mine yet....I saw online they had a 6 pack but I really only need two pairs I think (one for trial and one for day off)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i think about $3.99 for one pair at sally's
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For the garter, Ben chose "Oh Yeah" by Yello--that song that just goes "Ohhhhhh yeaaaaaaahhh" through the whole thing.  I thought it was pretty cute.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For the entrance people have been using I Gotta Feeling by the Black Eyed Peas. I have thought about using that for my entrance as well.
  • Options
    tnickel06tnickel06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We did the bouquet/garter toss. I don't think it was weird at all, but then most of our friends are single so there was a good number of people doing it.

We did "single ladies" for bouquet. I don't like that song much but I ran out of time to find anything I liked better.

I think we did Nelly "hot in here" for the garter but I don't remember and he picked it out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards