Getting in Shape
Options

New With A Question

Hi! I've been on TK since April, but I haven't posted on this board, just lurked a little. I'm 23 and getting married next September and I would like to lose weight not only for my wedding, but also because I'm at my heaviest weight ever. I'm 5'7" and 193 lbs.

My problem is, I work 12 hours at a demanding job and when I get home, I'm too tired to work out. I usually grab a shower and head to bed. I've been watching my portion size and eating healthy meals with raw snacks, but I just can't seem to move much after work. However, I do have three days in a row off every week...is there any exercises I can do in 3 days to make up for my lazy 4? Thanks in advance!

Re: New With A Question

• Options
    I agree with XCal. It's more about incorporating activity into each day, and making it a lifestyle thing. As long as you're burning more calories than you take in you will lose weight. Little things add up: take the stairs, stretch when you can, walk on your breaks ...

Basically it's about finding what works for you. I am someone who can't work out in the morning - I need to ease into my day. I budget time in my evening for it, and my family knows that it's 'me' time and they get me all to themselves the rest of the time. Scheduling time for yourself is key. It will take about a month for it to stick, then you'll miss it when it doesn't happen.

Even a 20 minute dvd as soon as you get home from work, before you start to unwind, would be something.

don't think of it as exercise, think of it as your time...

And, don't go too hard on your three days off. "weekend warriors" tend to get injured more quickly than people who are active regularly. If it was me, I would do something more intense on those days, but do it in addition to daily stuff.

Good luck, and stop by the accountability thread to say hi sometimes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    To expand off Jenny, Crunch makes awesome dvds that are broken down into ten minute segments specifically for people with little time to workout. I have the kickboxing one and I use it to squeeze a ten to twenty minute workout in on days I can't otherwise get one in. They're a balance of cardio and strength, so you get a really well rounded workout in within the ten minutes. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards