Getting in Shape
Options

DRESS WON'T CLOSE! HELP!

My dress won't zip in the back by like 2 inches to close! OMG! suggestions for quick slim down?!

Re: DRESS WON'T CLOSE! HELP!

• Options
    Is your wedding really at the end of June?

I'd watch my diet carefully and exercise for now.

If it still doesn't zip about two weeks before your wedding, off to the seamstress you should go.

This is a nice reason why fittings should be scheduled for just before the wedding.
  • Options
    If you have a while then I would cut carbs and sugar.  That alone will do wonders.  Also don't forget weight training.  I know everyone focuses on cardio, but the weights will help you take off some inches.

If you don't have long consider going for one of those slimming wraps.  They'll only take off water weight, but that's all you need to fit in the dress.
  • Options
    depending on the dress and how much time you have- you could also have it converted into a corset back... this will give you some flexibility.  Ask your seamstress

image 291 Invited
    image 140 Ready to Party image 14 Fail image137 testing my patience
    RSVP Date: April 30
  • Options
    I agree with the PP who mentioned the corset back.  It gives you a lot of leeway for weight fluctuations.

Talk to your seamstress.  If you have until June then that's plenty of time to pick up some weights and switch to only drinking water.  Don't neglect weight training.  The muscles will be leaner than fat and raise your base metabolism.
  • Options
    I bought my dress to fit pefectly and I regretted it of course... I am doing both weight training, boot camp and am not eating carbs or sygar. I have lost 7 pounds so far. Keep to what you can handle and the rest will fall into place. I get married in 28 days and cannot wait until I can eat a slice of pizza already! GOOD LUCK!
    The Amelio Bride
  • Options
    If you belong to a gym and it offers Body Pump classes you shoud try that. It is a weight training class that tones the ENTIRE body. Take it as much as you can between now and the wedding.

Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Eat small meals every three hours and no sugar. Lots of water and protein and veggies, carbs shoudl come from veggies, oatmeal and yams. It works if you stick to it. Losing weight is 80% diet.
  • Options
    I can relate.  The same thing happened to me.  I found a great seamstress and picked my dress up today and it fits but I still going to watch the carbs and sugar the next 3 weeks and hopefully it will fit even better.  Good luck..I really got upset, but she worked miracles!
  • Options
    MandK9MandK9 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2011
    I'm just here to "ditto" a lot of PPs, and to say that a bit over 2 months is plenty of time to buckle down and make results happen.  Get dedicated, you have some good motivation now :)

ETA: Eek, in case it's not easily inferred, make results happen in a HEALTHY way, please-- clean eating and exercise.  Do it right to maintain the great results you get!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    try different undergarmets, my does not zip with a bra on, but it does without so I am having one sewn in.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards