Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

RSVP's Deadline

So our rsvp deadline is sept 1st and our venue wants our final head count by sept 4th.  What is the best way of getting peoples rsvp's back?  Do I give a heads up now that it needs to be sent by Sat or do i wait til sat & start calling/texting ppl?  A friend of mine said when they called for rsvp's a lot of ppl just said yes and then didnt show up.  does that happen often?

Re: RSVP's Deadline

• Options
    I think it is best to wait until the RSVP deadline to begin calling around, as people may have put the RSVP in the mail and it just hasn't gotten back to you yet. My Uncle is getting married next month, and he sent out a nasty gram email 2 days before RSVP emails were due and a lot of people were put off by that.

There is usually a margin of people who will RSVP 'yes' then be a no-show. I think we had 10 that RSVP'ed 'yes' didn't contact us in some way prior to the wedding or in the days leading up to advise that something had come up and that they wouldn't be able to make it. It is just one of those things that does happen, and there's not a whole lot you can do to prevent it.
  • Options
    We had 9 "yes" no-shows (along with a family of 5 telling me the Tuesday before the wedding).  It was disappointing, but it happens.

I say, once you check the mail on September 1, you start calling.
  • Options
  • Options
    I had around 10-15 yes that no-showed...but I also had 10-15 no's that were able to come or friends that wanted to bring a +1 at the last minute. Everyone that had said no we were able to accomodate. And I had a much longer time between the RSVP date and my deadline for the caterer since I knew ppl would send it in late. So start calling on the 1st because you prob won't get ahold of everyone on that date.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah  I would wait!  I knew a bride that kept posting on FB telling people how important it was to send back their rsvp and while she is right and it is true I felt that it was tacky!
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice! Luckily we only had 15 ppl we had to contact and we now have our final count of 184! 18 days and counting!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards