Getting in Shape
Options

6 week body makeover?

Hi everyone! 
Has anyone tried the Michael Thurman's 6 week body makeover? My mom just ordered it a few weeks ago and wants to try it.  I have been doing well on my own by counting calories using the Lose it app but hit a plateau and thought about trying it. I am starting to get frustrated! I have been doing so well and then nothing! 

Re: 6 week body makeover?

• Options
    I've never tried it....But I'm curious how many calories per day you've been trying to stay around?

If you've hit a plateau you might want to allow yourself a couple hundred more calories than you have been depending on how many you've been at :)
  • Options
    I try to stay around 1500 calories a day. During the week thought I am usually under that because we are getting busy at work and I sometimes forget to eat lunch. I try to not be under 1200 even on those days.
  • Options
    Tried it! Loved It! still use lots of the recipies.

Basically it is all about salt and sugar intake. If you cut back sodium levels and increas water intake you will start seeing more results even with the eating plan you are on already. My fiancee lost 70lbs on it. (Yes he had that to loose) I lost 15. We have managed to keep it off for over a year now because the 6 week makover was also a teaching program on making better choices.

We still have BK once a week and other treats but for example I know that white carbs are my downfall more than sugar. They hang on longer and are tough to get rid of. I will let myself have some but will be prepared for the bump in weight.

Cam
  • Options
    Hi, I'm new.  I tried it 5 years ago and lost about 30 pounds in three months-6 pounds the first week and 3 pounds every week after.  I liked it better than WW which I've tried a couple times.  It's strict but every week you eat all five or six meals a day, drink your required amount of water and eliminate the sugar, salt and extra fat, you WILL see a weight loss.  Even still it will feel like you are eating all the time.

The key to success on that program is to prep all your meals and dishes a couple times a week and keep your fridge stocked with everything you need so you'll never be stuck having eat anything off your plan.  Everything is plant or animal(meat), nothing synthetic.  My skin glowed, I had great energy and digestion and my brain even like I could pick up on things more quickly and was more alert.

One caution is that I would allow a cheat meal once a week.  I did it straight for 3 months without cheating.  Once I "cheated" it was hard to stick to the plan anymore.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards