Getting in Shape
Options

wedding 8 days away! what to do to debloat and get the best i can be body...

i do work out, and do eat healthy. i am ok with my progress that i have accomplished.  i just want to know what would you guys suggest so i can look as toned as possible for this last week! i am going to hit the gym, do 5 miles a day on the treadmill..... what to eat? other workouts that are good for a week before?? thanks :)

Re: wedding 8 days away! what to do to debloat and get the best i can be body...

• Options

Water is going to be key.  Rosemary is also a natural 'de-bloater,' if you will.  Also, tons of fruits and veggies and healthy fats (my current dinners are salads with chickpeas, avocado, and tomatoes and I've seen quick belly-area results)

Running will help you slim down, but weights are best for toning.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Watch your sodium and drink lotsa water would be my suggestions!

Also, relax! You're so close to your wedding, enjoy the anticipation - so excited for you :D
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    i do mostly weights, i used to start out with tons of cardio, then started working with fh to do some weights and thats what ive been doing for these past months. then im gonna hit cardio and do abs. will stick to salads and stuff for dinner and lunch and everythingg lol!!! thank you :) 
  • Options
    A glass of red wine is also going to help de-bloat (but stop at just one glass in the evenings!) 

Avoid the dark, leafy green veggies. Broccoli is a CRAZY bloater! 
    And like Lobster said, water water water :) 
    if you have access to a sauna, that's a great way to drop water weight that may be bloating you as well. 
  • Options
    also lemon in your water, green tea, and flax seed oil
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Definitely stay away from salts!

And I didn't know about the broccoli... good to know!
  • Options
    sunshineinnesunshineinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    I occasionally do the 4 day anti-bloat diet that kicks off the  "The Flat Belly Diet" plan..  I'm sure you can find it easily on the internet.  Basically it's 1200 calories a day (so nothing extreme), but no artificial sweeteners, no soda, no cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, onions, etc), and "sassy water" - 8 cups a day (made with cucumber, ginger, lemon, and mint).  They give you pretty specific foods to eat - I'm not sure why they choose the foods they do, but I swear you lose 4-5 lbs just in water weight over 4 days and I can't believe how flat my stomach looks afterwards!  It's really amazing!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_wedding-8-days-away-what-to-do-to-debloat-and-get-the-best-i-can-be-body?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:d01abdac-d6cd-4867-9a82-f602ed0ac05bPost:194ffc5f-c40b-412d-a84b-7a96c556ab06">Re: wedding 8 days away! what to do to debloat and get the best i can be body...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I occasionally do the 4 day anti-bloat diet that kicks off the  "The Flat Belly Diet" plan..  I'm sure you can find it easily on the internet.  Basically it's 1200 calories a day (so nothing extreme), but no artificial sweeteners, no soda, no cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, onions, etc), and "sassy water" - 8 cups a day (made with cucumber, ginger, lemon, and mint).  They give you pretty specific foods to eat - I'm not sure why they choose the foods they do, but I swear you lose 4-5 lbs just in water weight over 4 days and I can't believe how flat my stomach looks afterwards!  It's really amazing!
    Posted by sunshineinne[/QUOTE]
    That water actually sounds sort of tasty.  I really don't like drinking plain water, so I tend to drink other things instead.  Water is my last resort drink.  I don't know if it would really make me shed water (I probably shouldn't drink it before class if it does....), but I might try it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • Options

WATER WATER WATER! And cut out as much refined carbs/sugar! Lean meats and veggies, low sodium, and NO SODA.

Also, this may be bad, but I always take a PAMPRIN on special occasion days where i need to be in dress or something.  It helps with water retention.. as well as irritability.. so really..

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards