Getting in Shape
Options

Alcohol question

As part of my getting fit and losing weight venture I have been trying to limit myself to 2 alocholic beverages a week (sometimes it turns out to be 3).   I know I will be drinking more than this the week of the wedding at the various celebrations.  My silly question is this - will I find myself getting drunk off 2 glasses of wine since I have reduced my consumption?

August 2012 - Married! Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Alcohol question

• Options
    I have a similar limit for myself. I honestly haven't really noticed a difference in my tolerance level and now I feel like if I have one drink a week, it's a lot. However, I LOVE microbrews. I know they are probably the highest caloric beverage that one could ever consume but I just can't tell myself I'll never have one again. So when I do have a drink I try to plan for it and limit myself to 1-2, like you said.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    you guys have so much more control than I do.

I enjoy a few drinks friday and a few more on saturday :)

I just work a little harder at the gym to try and compensate for it. That being said, I fully cut out drinking at all during the week (ie no more glass of wine with dinner ever) if I am at a pub every few drinks I get water..at home it doesn't always work that way.
    I have noticed a decline in how much I can drink but I'm ok with that...it's cheaper! haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think there is definitely a chance you will feel buzzed off of less drinks because you have not been drinkng as much and also if you have lost weight your body won be able to handle the same amount of alcholol the same way.

My first 3 yers of college I could drink a lot and it took a lot to get drunk because was dinking a couple days a week at least and now I feel buzzed off of two drinks since dont drink very often.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, I have defiently noticed a difference in my tolerance because I've cut out alot of alchol except at get togethers. My bachelorette party is this weekend and I already told my MOH I won't be able to handle as much as I used to since I like fruity drinks and I've cut back calories and sugars for months now.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I would venture to say yes, you probably will.

I've essentially cut drinking out of my diet, so the few times over the past couple of months that I've had a glass of wine or two I feel it! I'm actually excstatic about this because I was downing 2 bottles of wine in an evening to feel drunk before. Now I can drink moderately, still feel buzzed and not have to go overboard.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards