Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

love letters as part of vows/ceremony?

A friend of mine told me about a wedding she went to, instead of a unity candle, they exchanged love letters, put them in a box and said they would save them for a hard time and then open the letters to remind them why they fell in love and to help them through the hard time.  Have you heard of this?  Have you seen a script anywhere?? 
Thanks!

Re: love letters as part of vows/ceremony?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That sounds really cool! I was at a wedding where they did exchange love letters but they also did the unity candle, so it wasn't exactly the same thing. but I like that idea! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't, but that's a great idea!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that sounds sweet!  There was a time that my fiance and I had to spend apart and we wrote back and forth instead of emailing to make it more special.  We both kept the letters and I do reflect on them in good and bad times.  They make me love him even more to see how we have grown.  I think this is a great idea.  As for scripts, write from the heart.
    Blog Planning Site Anniversary 2007- Fell down stairs, herniated 4 disks, Degenerative Disk Disease, Facet Arthritis Perfectly healthy previous to this fall. 2008- Diagnosed Hypothyroid 2010- Diagnosed severe Vitamin D deficiency and Chronic Mono 2011- Diagnosed Rheumatoid Arthritis, Carpal Tunnel, and Calcified Tendinitis in right shoulder
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing this for our wedding in 2 weeks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards