Favors
Options

Roasted Almond Station for Favor?

Our idea for a favor was this: having one of those roasted almond vendor stations set up (with employees honey-roasting the almonds in the reception hall) then bagging them up and handing them out to guests during the hors d 'oeuvres hour, or setting them at their seats. BUT now I'm worried that the delicious smell of sweet roasted almonds, will get nauseating while everyone begins eating dinner! Thoughts?

Re: Roasted Almond Station for Favor?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are using them as a favor could you possibly have them arrive toward the end of the night? That way the smell isn't overpowering all night. Also, you don't want people to be tempted and eat the favors at the reception instead of the meal you have planned.
    September 2011 November Siggy Challenge: First Dance Photo (I still haven't uploaded all of my wedding pictures, so here's a picture of what happens when you mix me, my bridesmaids, a man who hates to dance, and an open bar). imageimage

101 in 1001
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like a cool idea but I would hold off till after dinner.  I know I would eat/pig out on the almonds before dinner.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP. Save it until after dinner. But other than that, I think it's a great idea!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yum! I love those.  But after dinner, during dancing sounds best to me
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards