Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

OL Tuesday

2»

Re: OL Tuesday

• Options
    HIIIII!

I'm kinda bummed about our house. We went to FI's friend's house last weekend, and it's off of Mockingbird near the historical parts. Daniel's best friend said as we walked in, "See Daniel, you should've gotten this!" I said, "Hey, are you saying our house is crappy?!" "No, but come on." It was really nice with a renovated kitchen, but it was $500K! We could never afford something like that at this time! I hate our house being compared to a house that is 2.5x more than ours. GRRR

And Daniel's getting irritated with the house too. It's always dirty from the dogs no matter how much we clean, and there are a lot of things that need to be fixed from the puppy chewing stages of our dogs. He wants a nicer house, but I think ours is pretty nice for what we could afford. I actually kinda like it, but he says he hates it. :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-124?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:440ecd49-7e3e-4fb8-99fb-b880841f1004Post:b4e0189c-0a56-469b-9a89-1d98a1f07292">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OL Tuesday : You'll be hooked! The first time I did one... I ended up doing 4 the next year! FI did a half Ironman a few years back and it was insane (I'm not that cray though). UPDATE ON BELLE NORA: I went shopping with my mom tonight and I was like, oh mom, you should get that pic for me and scan it so I can send a letter. While I'm telling the story she has a weird look on her face and when I'm done she lays this bomb on me: 'Actually, I went to high school [in Garland] with the guy who bought it, and I've had one of my other friends from high school in contact with him, and we have been trying to work out something for you as a surprise. But yes, we will put together a letter and hand deliver it to him to try and seal the deal.' <strong>MOMS KNOW EVERYTHING</strong>. So it's not set in stone but shout out to  South Garland High School alums.
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

This story made my day.  Your mom is pretty much amazing.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-124?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:440ecd49-7e3e-4fb8-99fb-b880841f1004Post:458ed1f7-c25e-460c-9458-68c804c3e2d1">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]HIIIII! I'm kinda bummed about our house. We went to FI's friend's house last weekend, and it's off of Mockingbird near the historical parts. Daniel's best friend said as we walked in, "See Daniel, you should've gotten this!" I said, "Hey, are you saying our house is crappy?!" "No, but come on." It was really nice with a renovated kitchen, but it was $500K! We could never afford something like that at this time! I hate our house being compared to a house that is 2.5x more than ours. GRRR And Daniel's getting irritated with the house too. It's always dirty from the dogs no matter how much we clean, and there are a lot of things that need to be fixed from the puppy chewing stages of our dogs. He wants a nicer house, but I think ours is pretty nice for what we could afford. I actually kinda like it, but he says he hates it. :(
    Posted by TexanTreasure08[/QUOTE]

<div>That's one thing that makes me happy about moving to Pampa.  We're going to get so much more house than we could afford in Dallas.  The tradeoff is the price we'll get when it's time to sell, but we'll live.</div><div>
    </div><div>I always want to go to open houses in Lakewood just to see how nice the houses look.</div>
    Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-124?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:440ecd49-7e3e-4fb8-99fb-b880841f1004Post:472840b4-7da1-4e88-8715-9ee2d11f0dd6">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OL Tuesday : That's one thing that makes me happy about moving to Pampa.  We're going to get so much more house than we could afford in Dallas.  The tradeoff is the price we'll get when it's time to sell, but we'll live. I always want to go to open houses in Lakewood just to see how nice the houses look.
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

<div>Yea that would be nice Amanda! Are you getting excited to move?</div><div>OH PS I forgot to tell you earlier, Andy is such a gentleman!! Tell him thank you very much for me!</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-124?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:440ecd49-7e3e-4fb8-99fb-b880841f1004Post:2e6d6f8a-7633-4105-b9ab-351e7b71945e">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OL Tuesday : Yea that would be nice Amanda! Are you getting excited to move? OH PS I forgot to tell you earlier, Andy is such a gentleman!! Tell him thank you very much for me!
    Posted by TexanTreasure08[/QUOTE]

<div>Just excited to live with the hubs!  I will definitely pass the message along!</div>
    Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-124?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:440ecd49-7e3e-4fb8-99fb-b880841f1004Post:a4fd3313-559e-4eac-b056-b855c18af987">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OL Tuesday : Just excited to live with the hubs!  I will definitely pass the message along!
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

<div>Did you tell him I had ankle problems, or did he just notice I needed help?</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-124?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:440ecd49-7e3e-4fb8-99fb-b880841f1004Post:b4e0189c-0a56-469b-9a89-1d98a1f07292">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OL Tuesday : You'll be hooked! The first time I did one... I ended up doing 4 the next year! FI did a half Ironman a few years back and it was insane (I'm not that cray though). UPDATE ON BELLE NORA: I went shopping with my mom tonight and I was like, oh mom, you should get that pic for me and scan it so I can send a letter. While I'm telling the story she has a weird look on her face and when I'm done she lays this bomb on me: 'Actually, I went to high school [in Garland] with the guy who bought it, and I've had one of my other friends from high school in contact with him, and we have been trying to work out something for you as a surprise. But yes, we will put together a letter and hand deliver it to him to try and seal the deal.' MOMS KNOW EVERYTHING. So it's not set in stone but shout out to  South Garland High School alums.
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

How awesome!! My mom is an SGHS alum too- what year did yours graduate??
    **Planning Bio** UPDATED! 4/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Umm I think '81. My dad went to NGHS and graduated '74.
  • Options
    My mom graduated '84... I don't know how big the school was back then, but I guess theoretically our moms could have known each other. Small world!
    **Planning Bio** UPDATED! 4/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards