Favors
Options

Do I have to give out favors

I have been going back and forth about favors. I personally have favors from weddings and baby showers that sit and collect dust. The only favor I actually will keep will be photos I took at a wedding...all the other ones have a year to sit on my dresser and then to the trash. I find it to be a waste.

I am thinking photo booth but if that does not fit into my budget, can I just go without?

Honest opinions please...I really dont know what to do and I refuse to have "favors" that people will leave on the table or throw away when they get home---thats money down the drain.

Thanks
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Do I have to give out favors

• Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, you don't have to give a favor.  But a suggestion:  things that are not left on the table are generally edibles:  cookies, candy, jar of jam, bottle of syrup, wine, etc.  GL
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Favors are not necessary at all. If you do want to do them, people do tend to appreciate edibles, like pp said. They also appreciate things like fans or water bottles if it is going to be warm on your wedding day. 
    If you really want a photo booth, you can make your own. I've seen people cut holes get a board and cut square holes in them. They make the holes look like picture frames and give people props to take pics with. This might be a cheaper option vs hiring a booth. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes you can skip them.  They are not necessary or required.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are giving out edible favors of chocolate palm tree lollypops as we were married in Hawaii.  As far as a photo booth, we wanted a photo booth but the cost was over budget.  So we are doing a self photo booth.  I got a scene of the beach with palm trees and will put it up on the wall.  We have a basket of grass skirts, leis, necklaces, coconut bras for people to put on and take their pictures.  We are hoping that everyone gives us a copy of their pictures.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My only idea if you do decide to skip favors, you might want to put little bowls of like mints or cheap candies so that at least your guests have something to munch on.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ChanteldreamsChanteldreams member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much everyone! That is a weight off my shoulders. I was thinking of doing a candy bar, so with all that has been said...that may be a better alternative.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    RC17RC17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    a candy bar with "take away" containers with your initials either stamped, hand written.. are cute also.. and that can be a different take on your "favors"
    Visit Madison.weddings.com Visit DIY.weddings.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards